Moto GP
Clap Rossi: This is a ‘great achievementâ€
Sunday, 25 October 2009
Clap

Valentino Rossi claimed his seventh premier class world title in Malaysia – the ninth of his career across all categories – on Sunday, and acknowledged the magnitude of his feat.

A twelfth podium of the season for Valentino Rossi – the 163rd of his career across all classes – secured the 2009 MotoGP World Championship for the Italian at Sepang, and he was understandably delighted with the achievement.

In rain-soaked conditions and after falling to tenth place from pole position after a slow start, Rossi climbed the field to secure third behind Casey Stoner and Dani Pedrosa, and explained the problems that faced him before the start of the race.

“Todayâ€s race went a bit like how the season has gone, because we were so fast on the dry tyres, but right before the start of the race it started to rain so we had to go out on the track without any wet setting,” said Rossi.

“Itâ€s a great achievement, and for me itâ€s the ninth championship, the seventh in MotoGP. I have to thank all the guys from Yamaha, who are great, and all the Fiat Yamaha team, from Jeremy (Burgess, chief mechanic) and all the mechanics to all the guys that work for me, and all my friends. All the people that helped me with this great achievement.”

Having been pushed throughout the season to retain his crown by team-mate Jorge Lorenzo, who finished fourth, Rossi paid special tribute to the 22 year-old Spaniardâ€s efforts.

“Throughout the season I had great rivals, at the end especially Jorge my team-mate, who stayed very close to me, and we had some great fights. Heâ€s a great rival so congratulations to him,” said Rossi.

“But we are on the top and now weâ€ll relax and try to take in this achievement. The ninth championship is great – Iâ€m so happy.”

Pedrosa happy with wet podium
Sunday, 25 October 2009

Dani Pedrosa was pleased to have recorded his first podium in full wet weather conditions in MotoGP at Sepang.

Second place at Sepang for the second year in a row – his fourth podium in as many MotoGP seasons at the track – was the result of some hard work from Dani Pedrosa in preparing for wet weather conditions.

At the rain-soaked Malaysian circuit, Pedrosa overcame the kind of weather setting that has previously proven hard for him to deal with to finish second, behind Casey Stoner and in front of Valentino Rossi.

It was a result that particularly pleased the Spaniard, who had worked specifically on improving his ability to deal with such a scenario, one which ended team-mate Andrea Doviziosoâ€s race after 14 laps when the Italian slid off.

“Riding in the rain has always been one of my weakest points and so for a long time I have tried to improve this by working hard and going over my limit in the wet,” he explained. “This hasnâ€t been an easy process, but now, finally, I achieved a podium in the wet so Iâ€m really happy and I want to thank all the people who have helped in this process.”

Pedrosa continued, “In the middle of the race Andrea was just behind and he was closing and was putting some pressure on me, but I was riding well and I was able to keep my focus and concentration. Finally when Andrea went off, another rider was coming and this time it was Valentino. He was going quite a lot faster than me, but in the last laps I kept my pace and was able to finish in second place. Iâ€m very happy today.”

Pedrosa also lauded Rossiâ€s achievement of securing a ninth World Championship title across all classes with his podium finish.

“I also want to congratulate Valentino on the World Championship – nine titles is amazing,” added Pedrosa. “Now we go to Valencia and weâ€ll be trying hard again there. Itâ€s a track that I love and there will be a lot of fans too, so Iâ€m looking forward to it.”

Stoner: ‘Comeback has been almost perfectâ€
Sunday, 25 October 2009

After his comprehensive win at Sepang Casey Stoner believes his performances are reaching close to perfection since his comeback from illness.

Second place at Portugal for Casey Stoner on his comeback after a three race absence due to illness has been followed up by two brilliant successive wins from the factory Ducati rider at Phillip Island and Sepang in the space of seven days – as he puts his mid-season difficulties behind him.

Stoner adapted most efficiently to the wet weather at the Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix on Sunday afternoon to take a remarkable 15 second victory over the rest of the field, before humbly stating, “The conditions were the same for everyone today and none of us had tested at this track in the wet for quite a long time. So the early laps were a bit tentative and going into turn one I didnâ€t get a good start and a few people came past me.”

“I slotted into fourth place coming out of turn two though and then when I got into the lead I thought Iâ€ll just test the track condition for a few laps and I never expected to pull out the gap that I did. After that I just decided to keep going hard for at least half race distance and once I got a gap I was happy with I started to back off the pace.”

Giving a highly positive summary of his successful return to action in recent weeks, the Australian added, “We canâ€t ask for anything more after the season we have had. These last three races back have been close enough to perfect, and we were just one result away from perfection at Portugal which is always a difficult circuit for us anyway.”

“Now Iâ€m really looking forward to going to Valencia as it is a track which I have enjoyed for the past few years and I want to give a big thanks to my team, everyone who has supported me and the doctors who helped me out. It has been very nice to come back and get results like this.”

Lorenzo pays tribute to ‘number one†Rossi
Sunday, 25 October 2009

Jorge Lorenzo paid tribute to Fiat Yamaha team-mate Valentino Rossi after seeing the Italian seal the 2009 MotoGP world title in Malaysia, and is now focusing on wrapping up second spot in the standings.

Fourth place in the Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix was not enough for Jorge Lorenzo to prevent Valentino Rossi from securing this yearâ€s title, after a mechanical fault meant the Spaniard started the race from the back of the grid.

Having qualified in second behind Rossi for the race, a problem with his YZR-M1 prototype as the sighting lap started meant Lorenzo had to change bikes, and he then made it to the grid too late to take his place on the front row.

“We tried to start the race with bike number one, but it wouldnâ€t start so we took the second bike but we lost a few minutes. We thought it was possible to do two (sighting) laps like the other riders, but the time was finished so we had to start the race in last place,” said Lorenzo.

The 22 year-old continued to assess his display, which saw him make up ground with a blistering start, before rear-grip issues saw him fall away from the battle for third between Rossi and Dani Pedrosa, who came second.

“I started very well and overtook eight or nine riders in the first lap and I was feeling okay, but at the middle of the race the rear tyre started to spin and it was impossible to follow Vale and Dani to finish second,” explained Lorenzo. “Fourth place is okay and we just have to get the points in Valencia to ensure second place in the championship.”

Finally, Lorenzo acknowledged the achievement of Rossi, after the 30 year-old secured his seventh premier class title.

“We tried to the end to beat him, but I think he was the number one this year because heâ€s been faster than us in almost every race. He was more consistent than us and he was more clever, so he is the winner,” concluded Lorenzo.

Vermeulen thanks team after taking sixth place
Sunday, 25 October 2009

Chris Vermeulen equalled the second best result of a tough season on Sunday in sixth place at Sepang and then thanked his Suzuki crew for their hard work in Malaysia.

That a sixth place result in the penultimate race of the season matches Chris Vermeulenâ€s second best result of 2009 so far speaks for itself in terms of the difficult time he has had this year, but the departing Rizla Suzuki man was pleased to have produced a competitive display in Malaysia on Sunday.

Although the likeable Australian is departing from MotoGP to pastures new at the end of the current campaign he wants to return to the World Championship in the future, and the 10 valuable points he gained at round 16 mean he has every chance of a good final standings result after Valencia in two weeks time.

Vermeulen is involved in a close five-rider fight with Marco Melandri, Loris Capirossi, Alex de Angelis and Toni Elías for seventh place overall, and he outperformed all of them at Sepang on Sunday to give himself a confidence boosting result.

“I got a good start, but in turn one there was a lot going on and I got pushed around a little bit, but I came out of it ok and was able to get my head down straight away,” Vermeulen commented as he reviewed the wet race at Sepang. “For the first four or five laps I really struggled to get a feeling in the tyres, especially on the left-hand-side, but once I got that working and into a rhythm I felt quite good. The bike worked well up until the last few laps - when the track started to dry out - and then it was very difficult through the corners, but I'm sure it wasn't easy for anyone out there.”

Noting the hard graft put in by his mechanics at round 16, he added, “I think we had the speed for a top five today and my guys did a great job with the motorbike to be able to give me something competitive today when we hadn't done any wet testing here at all.”

Rossi clinches title as Stoner wins wet Sepang contest
Sunday, 25 October 2009

Valentino Rossi finished third behind Casey Stoner and Dani Pedrosa at a rain-soaked Sepang to take the 2009 MotoGP World Championship title.

Valentino Rossi, 2009 MotoGP World Champion

Casey Stoner was the race victor at the Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix on Sunday, but it was Valentino Rossi whose achievement of third place laid the foundation for the story of the weekend.

Stonerâ€s second successive win was impressive enough, as was his astounding 14.666s margin of victory, but it was the Italianâ€s result that secured his ninth world title – a seventh in the premier class – as he defended his 2008 crown, with Dani Pedrosa finishing second with his 78th career podium across all classes.

The race started on a wet track after a 35-minute delay due to rain, and there was drama from the off. A problem during the sighting lap with his machine for Jorge Lorenzo meant that failure to join the starting grid in time resulted in relegation from second to the back.

It made little difference to the Spaniard however as he flew up to overtake Rossi, who dropped to tenth after a sluggish start from pole position. Lorenzo eventually finished in fourth position.

Randy de Puniet had a very early nasty high-side which fortunately resulted in no injury for the Frenchman, as Stoner established a four-second lead at the front over Pedrosa after just two laps.

Nicky Hayden was dogged in his attempt to hold off Lorenzo in fifth place, but the Fiat Yamaha rider managed to pass the Ducati Marlboro man before Rossi passed both to move into fourth spot after eight laps.

Shortly after, Stonerâ€s lead at the front had grown to a huge 15 seconds, but there was no such deficit between Pedrosa in third and his Repsol Honda team-mate Andrea Dovizioso, who diced for second spot. Disaster struck for the Italian however, as on lap 14 he succumbed to the wet conditions and slid off, allowing Rossi to move up to third and target Pedrosa.

The Spaniard was out of Rossiâ€s grasp for the remainder however, but third was one place higher than he required to take the title (had Lorenzo won the race), and a characteristically flamboyant celebration followed involving a chicken dressed in the Italianâ€s blue and yellow colours.

Elsewhere, Aleix Espargaró impressed with an eleventh-placed finish in his third MotoGP race of the campaign for Pramac, while Monster Yamaha Tech 3 pair Colin Edwards and James Toseland both struggled, finishing in 13th and 15th respectively.

After Lorenzo took fourth spot he duly handed hearty congratulations to Rossi, with Hayden equalling his second-best result of the season in fifth. Chris Vermeulen (Rizla Suzuki), Toni Elías (San Carlo Honda Gresini), Marco Melandri (Hayate Racing), Loris Capirossi (Rizla Suzuki) and Mika Kallio (Pramac Racing) completed the top ten.

SHELL ADVANCE MALAYSIAN MOTORCYCLE GP

MotoGP Race
Pos. Points Num. Rider Nation Team Motorcycle Total time Km/h Gap

1 25 27 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 47'24.834 147.435 Australia2
2 20 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 47'39.500 146.679 14.666
3 16 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 47'44.219 146.437 19.385
4 13 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 47'50.684 146.107 25.850
5 11 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 48'03.539 145.456 38.705
6 10 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 48'05.895 145.337 41.061 Australia2
7 9 24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 48'13.389 144.961 48.555
8 8 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 48'20.391 144.611 55.557
9 7 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 48'25.137 144.374 1'00.303
10 6 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Pramac Racing Ducati 48'25.274 144.368 1'00.440
11 5 44 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Pramac Racing Ducati 48'26.489 144.307 1'01.655
12 4 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 48'26.681 144.298 1'01.847
13 3 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 48'35.612 143.856 1'10.778
14 2 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 48'40.685 143.606 1'15.851
15 1 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 49'15.506 141.914 1'50.672
Not classified
4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 31'59.321 7 Lap
14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 2'28.718 20 Lap
Mathematically, Stoner can get equal second place in the championship if he wins the last race & Lorenzo doesn't score a point.
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Well the last race for the season is upon us and then it's all over for another year.
It has been one hell of a year with 1stly Rossi taking out his 9th Championship, Lorenzo keeping us entertained with his will he or won't he fall off scenarios and then we had Stoner with his mystery illness which I don't think we'll really find out what went on there. Pedrosa proved he can ride but as usual has been hot and cold during the year and we will all sadly miss Chris Vemeulen in the World of MotoGp.

The last race who is everyone putting there money on, Rossi to end the year and have the last say or will it be Lorenzo showing us that he is a threat for the championship next year or will Stoner continue with his success since coming back into the MotoGp Paddock. Well here's the results and report from the 1st round of free practice today so make up your own mind.

Stoner continues his form with early pace in Valencia
Friday, 06 November 2009

Casey Stoner was the pace setter in practice at Valencia as he set the best lap time in the opening MotoGP session of the weekend.

In fine sunshine at the Ricardo Tormo circuit on Friday, Ducati rider Casey Stoner started his weekend in the manner in which he hopes will secure a third straight race win as he recorded the best lap time in Free Practice 1.

After overcoming some early dissatisfaction with the response of his Desmosedici GP9, Stoner set a best time of 1â€32.813 to leave Jorge Lorenzo next fastest.

Fiat Yamaha rider Lorenzo aims to secure second spot in the World Championship standings this weekend, ahead of Stoner, and followed the Australian by a margin of 0.382s.

In the wake of his confidence-boosting first wet podium in Malaysia, Dani Pedrosa was third on the timesheet as he kept a close tab on Lorenzo, timing his fastest lap at just 0.046s slower.

World Champion Valentino Rossi completed the top four fastest times after experiencing a run-off midway through the session. He came in almost half a second ahead of Randy de Puniet, who recovered from his high-side crash at Sepang to ride a good session and record the fifth-fastest lap.

Alex de Angelis (San Carlo Honda Gresini), Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3), Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda), Loris Capirossi (Rizla Suzuki) and Nicky Hayden (Ducati Marlboro) all recorded top-ten times in the session as well, with wildcard Ben Spies 15th on his factory Yamaha.

GP GENERALI DE LA COMUNITAT VALENCIANA

MotoGP Free Practice
Pos. Num. Rider Nation Team Motorcycle Lap time Km/h Gap

1 27 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'32.813 308.747 Australia2
2 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'33.195 306.556 0.382
3 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'33.241 310.701 0.428
4 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'33.499 307.079 0.686
5 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'33.910 307.167 1.097
6 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'34.106 309.633 1.293
7 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'34.123 302.267 1.310
8 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'34.382 306.643 1.569
9 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'34.427 306.469 1.614
10 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'34.462 305.862 1.649
11 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Pramac Racing Ducati 1'34.696 308.924 1.883
12 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 1'34.859 305.862 2.046
13 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'34.865 300.500 2.052
14 24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'34.873 306.209 2.060
15 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 1'35.052 306.556 2.239
16 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'35.131 301.591 2.318 Australia2
17 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 1'35.258 305.775 2.445
18 44 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'35.458 301.087 2.645

MotoGP World Championship

Pos. Rider Nation Team Points
1 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team 286
2 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team 245
3 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team 220 Australia2
4 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team 209
5 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team 152
6 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 148
7 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team 108
8 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 108
9 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini 105
10 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini 105
11 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 105 Australia2
12 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP 101
13 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Marlboro Team 93
14 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 88
15 Mika KALLIO FIN Pramac Racing 64
16 Niccolo CANEPA ITA Pramac Racing 38
17 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP 19
18 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Pramac Racing 13
19 Sete GIBERNAU SPA Grupo Francisco Hernando 12
20 Yuki TAKAHASHI JPN Scot Racing Team MotoGP 9
It's all over for the free practice and qualifying for the year and Stoner has set the pace all weekend so will he end the season on a high note and silence the critics or will it be a tussle to the end with the usual suspects.

Well your guess is as good as mine so read on the results and reports from todays FP & Qualifying Sessions.

Stoner continues to dominate in practice
Saturday, 07 November 2009

Casey Stoner was again the fastest rider in MotoGP practice as he followed up his first-session performance with another fine display.

Ducati rider Casey Stoner came within 0.006s of his own best lap from Fridayâ€s first practice, setting a best time of 1â€32.819 in the second session on Saturday to head the timesheet once more at Valencia.

Setting his time on his 23rd of 24 laps of the hour-long practice, Stoner was 0.168s faster than Dani Pedrosa, with the Repsol Honda man second quickest ahead of Jorge Lorenzo.

Pedrosa and Lorenzo both improved on their first-session efforts – and recorded their fastest times of the session on their final laps – whilst the latterâ€s Fiat Yamaha team-mate Valentino Rossi was again fourth-fastest, at just over half a second off Stonerâ€s mark.

Nicky Hayden showed great control when saving his bike from damage as he ran off late in the session, and finished fifth-fastest in the timings by taking more than half a second off his Friday time.

Pedrosaâ€s Repsol Honda team-mate Andrea Dovizioso and Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider Colin Edwards both also finished within a second of Stonerâ€s pace, whilst Randy de Puniet (LCR Honda), Alex de Angelis (San Carlo Honda Gresini) and Mika Kallio (Pramac Racing) all posted top-ten times in the session too.

Wildcard Ben Spies, riding for the Sterilgarda Yamaha Team, was 12th fastest, improving on his rank of 15th from the previous day.

MotoGP Free Practice Nr. 2

1 27 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'32.819 313.862 Australia2
2 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'32.987 316.622 0.168
3 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'33.065 311.598 0.246
4 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'33.354 310.434 0.535
5 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'33.664 310.344 0.845
6 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'33.717 312.771 0.898
7 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'33.784 309.101 0.965
8 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'33.857 312.228 1.038
9 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'34.004 314.044 1.185
10 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Pramac Racing Ducati 1'34.089 315.604 1.270
11 24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'34.111 311.059 1.292
12 11 Ben SPIES USA Sterilgarda Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'34.196 311.958 1.377
13 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 1'34.210 310.612 1.391
14 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'34.407 309.810 1.588
15 44 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'34.626 309.721 1.807
16 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'34.673 306.731 1.854
17 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'34.693 307.955 1.874 Australia2
18 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 1'34.871 310.434 2.052

Strong Stoner takes pole position in Valencia
Saturday, 07 November 2009

Casey Stonerâ€s superb display at Valencia continued on Saturday afternoon, as the Australian secured pole position for Sundayâ€s race.

Casey Stoner will start the Gran Premio Generali de la Comunitat Valenciana in pole position after repeating his domination of the free practice sessions in qualifying.

The Australian topped the timesheet by a clear 0.263s, with a best lap of 1â€32.256 securing him the lead on the front row of the grid.

Repsol Hondaâ€s Dani Pedrosa was next quickest as he improved his own best practice time by over 0.4s to secure second place, ahead of Jorge Lorenzo.

Lorenzo, who was third fastest overall in the practice sessions, was not far behind with a margin of just 0.018s separating him from his fellow Spaniard.

Heading up the second row of the grid will be Lorenzoâ€s Fiat Yamaha team-mate and World Champion Valentino Rossi, whose fourth position was enough to secure him the BMW M Award for best qualifier in MotoGP in 2009.

Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) secured fifth spot for the eighth time this season, after improving significantly on his own practice times from earlier in the weekend.

Stonerâ€s Ducati Marlboro team-mate Nicky Hayden took the final second-row slot with his final lap, beating Randy de Puniet (LCR Honda) to sixth.

De Puniet recovered from an early crash to ensure seventh place, after an impressive showing in both practice sessions carried over, whilst Toni Elías (San Carlo Honda Gresini) will occupy eighth in the starting positions.

Ben Spies, riding as a wildcard entry for the Sterilgarda Yamaha Team and completing only his fourth ever qualifying session in MotoGP, will line up ninth, with Andrea Dovizioso also coming inside the top ten times.

MotoGP Qualifying

1 27 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'32.256 312.771 Australia2
2 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'32.519 313.771 0.263
3 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'32.537 310.612 0.281
4 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'32.922 306.296 0.666
5 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'33.085 307.692 0.829
6 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'33.154 309.544 0.898
7 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'33.391 306.818 1.135
8 24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'33.475 312.138 1.219
9 11 Ben SPIES USA Sterilgarda Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'33.539 309.278 1.283
10 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'33.678 309.988 1.422
11 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Pramac Racing Ducati 1'33.809 312.319 1.553
12 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'33.844 310.434 1.588
13 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'34.097 307.779 1.841
14 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'34.107 306.992 1.851
15 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 1'34.188 306.905 1.932
16 44 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'34.308 306.992 2.052
17 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 1'34.357 307.342 2.101
18 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'34.537 304.482 2.281 Australia2
Well it's all over for another year so here's the report and results from the last round.

Pedrosa takes second win of the season at Valencia
Sunday, 08 November 2009

Dani Pedrosa doubled his race-victory tally for the season in the final race of the year with a win at the Ricardo Tormo Circuit on Sunday, as Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo completed the podium.

It was a victory on home soil for Dani Pedrosa at the Gran Premio Generali de la Comunitat Valenciana, as the Repsol Honda man enjoyed a start-to-finish win in the final race of the 2009 season.

The drama started before the race had even commenced, as pole position holder Casey Stonerâ€s high-side crash on the warm-up lap meant he was unable to take his place on the grid. That allowed Pedrosa to lead the charge from his position on the front row, and after taking the first corner in the lead the Repsol Honda rider never relinquished it, sealing third spot in the overall standings in the process.

World Champion Valentino Rossi followed the Spaniard home in second place, finishing 2.630s behind Pedrosa as he ended his title-winning season with his 13th podium of the campaign.

The Italianâ€s Fiat Yamaha team-mate Jorge Lorenzo, who did well to hold onto his bike when a moment on the opening lap almost threw him off, was a further 0.283s behind as he took third, having already sealed second spot in the Championship by virtue of Stonerâ€s non-start.

The Australian ended the season in fourth place overall, with Colin Edwards†fourth place in the race allowing him to snatch fifth in the 2009 standings from Andrea Dovizioso.

The top five on the day was completed by Stonerâ€s Ducati Marlboro team-mate Nicky Hayden, who held off the challenge of Toni Elías as the Spaniard came in sixth in his final race with the San Carlo Honda Gresini team.

Wildcard rider Ben Spies rode to an impressive seventh-placed finish, and in depriving Dovizioso of that spot – the Italian finished eighth – played a direct role in helping his future Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team-mate Edwards take fifth in the Championship.

There were also top-ten finishes for Rookie of the Year Mika Kallio (Pramac Racing) and Alex de Angelis (San Carlo Honda Gresini).

MotoGP
Pos. Points Num. Rider Nation Team Motorcycle Total time Km/h Gap

1 25 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 46'47.553 154.062
2 20 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 46'50.183 153.918 2.630
3 16 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 46'50.466 153.903 2.913
4 13 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 47'20.068 152.299 32.515
5 11 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 47'22.138 152.188 34.585
6 10 24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 47'22.441 152.172 34.888
7 9 11 Ben SPIES USA Sterilgarda Yamaha Team Yamaha 47'25.259 152.021 37.706
8 8 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 47'25.917 151.986 38.364
9 7 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Pramac Racing Ducati 47'30.044 151.766 42.491
10 6 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 47'31.242 151.702 43.689
11 5 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 47'33.571 151.578 46.018
12 4 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 47'37.779 151.355 50.226
13 3 44 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Pramac Racing Ducati 47'44.721 150.988 57.168
14 2 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 47'54.430 150.478 1'06.877
15 1 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 47'59.254 150.226 1'11.701 Australia2
16 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 48'01.958 150.085 1'14.405
17 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 48'20.978 149.101 1'33.425
Not starting
27 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati Australia2

Riders and teams ready for three day test
Sunday, 08 November 2009

The traditional post-season test at Valencia starts on Monday and will see a number of riders taking their first steps with new teams.

A total of 17 MotoGP riders are expected to roll out of their pit-boxes for testing at Valenciaâ€s Ricardo Tormo circuit as of 1pm on Monday, with two full days of testing to follow on Tuesday and Wednesday - as the teams start their fine tuning for the 2010 season.

The traditional post-season test will see all the premier class big guns in attendance, including Fiat Yamahaâ€s Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo, Repsol Hondaâ€s Dani Pedrosa and Ducati Marlboroâ€s Casey Stoner.

The sessions will also provide a number of upcoming riders from the 250cc class with their first official run-outs with their new MotoGP teams, including new World Champion Hiroshi Aoyama (Paddock GP team, as yet name not finalised), 2008 250cc title winner Marco Simoncelli (San Carlo Honda Gresini), Álvaro Bautista (Rizla Suzuki) and HÃctor Barberá (Aspar Ducati).

The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team missed the equivalent test last year but they will be out in force on Monday as they officially welcome newcomer Ben Spies on board alongside his fellow Texan Colin Edwards – after the pair enjoyed a successful day on Sunday in the MotoGP race with wildcard Spies helping Edwards clinch fifth place in the â€09 standings.

Marco Melandri will be back on the San Carlo Honda Gresini RC212V after two years away, whilst Aleix Espargaró will continue his MotoGP development with Pramac Racing after his successful series of guest appearances for the satellite Ducati outfit towards the end of this season.

Several Moto2 machines will also share the track with the MotoGP prototypes, as preparations continue for the introduction of the new category to the World Championship next year.

Moto2 test rides will be undertaken by Ratthapark Wilairot, HÃctor Faubel and Scott Redding (all Stop and Go – FTR), Shogo Moriwaki (Gresini Moto2 Team – Moriwaki), Axel Pons (Pons Racing Pepe World – Pons Kalex), Joan Olivà (Promoracing – Promo-Harris) and Kenny Noyes (also Promoracing – Promo-Harris).
Just wanted to say thanks Rev004 for what you have done this entire motogp season, I have not gone wanting for any info on anything all year mate! well done!Clap Now I have only 1 thing to say "Valentino" you are in my books the greatest there has ever been, you have taken the mantle from our MICK!!!!!!
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
wow another season done and dusted and i must say a huge congrats to Valentino Rossi on his 9th championship what a legend, i still say GO CASEY GO!!! sorry rossi, i'll always be more supportive of stoner! and thanks REV004 for all the info it was extremely handy hope you continue to do it next season as well!
Fellers Thankyou for your appreciation and I hope everyone enjoyed the reading through out the year. So to finish of the year I thought that I would put up the provisional updated dates for 2010 MotoGp Rounds as I know all you people like to plan ahead especially for the Australian Round..

Updates to 2010 provisional MotoGP calendar
Tuesday, 10 November 2009

The FIM today announced amendments to the provisional calendar for the 2010 MotoGP World Championship.

The FIM have today announced that the 2010 Grand Prix events in France, Italy and Czech Republic will be held a week later than originally scheduled, whilst Great Britain swaps places in the order with Italy. The San Marino event will be held a week earlier.

Date Grand Prix (Circuit)
April 11th* Qatar (Losail)
April 25th Japan (Motegi)
May 2nd Spain (Jerez)
May 23rd France (Le Mans)
June 6th Italy (Mugello)
June 20th Great Britain (Silverstone)
June 26th** Netherlands (Assen)
July 4th Catalunya (Catalunya)
July 18th Germany (Sachsenring)
July 25th*** United States (Laguna Seca)
August 22nd Czech Republic (Brno)
August 29th Indianapolis (Indianapolis)
September 5th San Marino & Riviera di Rimini (Misano)
September 19th Hungary (Balatonring)
October 10th Malaysia (Sepang)
October 17th Australia (Phillip Island) Australia2
October 31st Portugal (Estoril)
November 7th Valencia (Ricardo Tormo Valencia)

So here's me signing of from the MotoGp Serious for 2009.