Is insurance worth it?
What conditions have you guys n girls all got with $3K in insurance???

I wont ride without full comp now after a hilux decided to T-Bone me and crush my legs and back with his bullbar....
Oh and my fully modified and trophy winning Ducati didnt enjoy the event much either.

I am 28, i have a 2011 Gen II, and my premium is just over $1000 with Shannons with full cover, full gear cover, pillion rider gear the whole lot!
(insured for $18K)

As per some of the other responses though, seriously, for the peace of mind, isnt a little extra worth it? Why fight to get repairs and legals covered. I agree, get the insurance.

We ride Busa's..... if we were that concerned with penny pinching we would all have postie bikes and mopeds! Lol3
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
Pfft wat insurance?? Im still on restrictions!! Haha
My opinion if you have finance on the bike, have insurance...
If you don't then run the risk...

No point paying off a bike you don't have when you could have had insurance!!!
-------------------------------------------------------
My Busa Pics.....
My car is fully comp. If that brushes by anything, I figure it'll cost a bomb.
My bike I bought when it was 2 years old and I only third party insured it once in the 9-10 years I've owned it.

In all that time, it's either parked at work in a secure underground car park for workers only, or securely in my basement accessible from my garden or I'm actually riding it, so theft is a minimal concern. I used to be a more extreme rider and mainly on motorways, but Policing has got so vicious over the last 5 years or so that I struggle to hit 120km ever. At those speeds I don't even get close to having an accident anymore. I've saved at least $10,000 in that time and never been close to an incident where I might have needed insurance.

I do agree with compulsory third party insurance and I bought that once when I thought 'what if I scrape Porche paint work or something'? But being at fault pottering around at 40km? I doubt it. For me, it's not worth it on my 2000 bike and should I scrape some posh car paintwork, then it'll come out of the $10,000+ self underwritten fund I'm accumulating.
Carpe Diem!
In my opinion an insurance is a must have "accessory" for the bike. Completely disagree here with Throwdown! for the following reasons:
1. Nobody rides to have an accident. That is why they are called accidents. You do not even need to go fast for that. There is plenty damage that can be done while you actually at standstill or even parked in your garage. Just ask around. Often it is not what you do but some dickhead in a metal cage that didnt see you or some other stupid excuse like that.
2. You might have "saved" 10K in those years but a single off, even at moderate speed, can easily cost you more if you replacing the bits with OEM parts plus the bling.
3. If you hit a "posh" car even at slow speed I am sure that your self underwritten found will go broke. My boss has a Ferrari. They charge $3200 just for a service with an oil change Scary Damage one of these carbon fibre panels and you will need a second mortgage to pay for it.
4. If you have an accident and you are not insured you are automatically at fault and have to prove it otherwise. Lawyers are as expensive as they are useless. So unless you have undisputable evidence and money to pay them up front Wtf you are on you own and will most likely loose.

I am with Insure my Ride. Comprehensive with bling and riding gear for $581.46. Cheap piece of mind Pi_thumbsup
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(15-12-2011, 11:15pm)Shifu Wrote: I am with Insure my Ride. Comprehensive with bling and riding gear for $581.46. Cheap piece of mind Pi_thumbsup

Insure My Ride, just 2 seconds ago quoted me $1916.15 with a f**king $400 excess.
Doesn't even cover my gear.
And I had to lie about legal modifications and suspensions or they wouldn't insure me.
You couldn't epitomise scum any better than insurance corporations.
QBE just quoted me $2900...$600 excess
Shannon's wouldn't insure me, because where I work, the car park isn't secured.
Are you guys getting a clear picture of why so many people don't bother with insurance yet or shall I keep getting quotes to prove it? BTW I'm 29, not a single crash, low usage and the bike is in the garage most of it's life...Been riding over 10 years.
NRMA - $1311 with a $600 excess...lol...ridiculous
Ask Beau bjk1 if its worth it after his big off going to TathraFrown
I'm with I.M.R and I pay about the same as Shifu .. a bit less but I haven't got my gear insured.

My wife's auntie lost her house because her son hit a rolls royce with no insurance ..

My two bobs worth .. Insrance is a necessary evil
i agree that insurance on your bike and car is a must. i had mine bike insured with state(N.Z.) but they started to get expensive ($1150p.y.) so i hunted around and am now with NAC insurance $810per year with $2500 motorcycle gear cover i feel alot better knowing that even if i drop my bike rolling it backwards down the drive i can get it all fixed for my $400 excess and we all know it doesnt take much to chew $400 up in flairing damage. I agree with the british system that its all on computer and if you get pulled up and your not insured you lose your vehicle untill it is. If everyone insured then those that do wouldn,t be stung for those that don,t. Only my thoughts so please no hitmen contracts out on me. Knuppel2
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
I agree with 'at fault' insurance - Green slip and third party, but my 2000 bike has done around 150,000km and I can repair or replace that myself. If you have a spectacular bike then full comp, fair enough.
Carpe Diem!
Gen2,s have an "Approved Anti Theft Device Fitted";
The coded key & the coded OEM Engine Control Unit---premium reduction.

When renewing your CTP, read the questions & ensure all answers are correct such as when the insurer writes: "Driver at fault accident(s) in past 2 years?___Yes" when you know for a fact the answer should be "No", even though the insurer knows for a fact what they have written is not correct from Comprehensive Policy with same insurer. ----premium increase.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INSURE WITH CTP GREEN SLIP AWARD DEFAULTING QBE INSURANCE LTD !!!
(18-12-2011, 09:56pm)GRUNTMAX Wrote: Gen2,s have an "Approved Anti Theft Device Fitted";

When renewing your CTP, read the questions & ensure all answers are correct such as when the insurer writes: "Driver at fault accident(s) in past 2 years?___Yes" when you know for a fact the answer should be "No", even though the insurer knows for a fact what they have written is not correct from Comprehensive Policy with same insurer. ----premium increase.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INSURE WITH CTP GREEN SLIP AWARD DEFAULTING QBE INSURANCE LTD !!!

CTP has nothing to do with insurance of bike that is for the people involved in accident if you have tried to get a payout on your bike damage through CPT you will be jumping through hoops
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(19-12-2011, 04:23pm)ROD Wrote:
(18-12-2011, 09:56pm)GRUNTMAX Wrote: Gen2,s have an "Approved Anti Theft Device Fitted";

CTP has nothing to do with insurance of bike that is for the people involved in accident if you have tried to get a payout on your bike damage through CPT you will be jumping through hoops
Dear Rod,
The thread/post heading is "Is Insurance Worth It"
Incidently, no insurance whatsoever is worth it with CTP Award Defaulting QBE Insurance Ltd. Why put money in the pockets of a bunch of ar*eholes that will go out of their way to fu*k all Australian Motorists over ?
Cheers