what do you reccomend?
ok i know this seems like a silly question..

i,m serious about a good exhaust..would like too keep the price down but however i do realise i may have to part with my lunch money from school..

i have read a few posts from here and even seen a nice set and heard mufflers ..ie busgos..

what i need is maybe an unusual request.
PoliceConfused
there is a zx14 in town and he boasts being the fastests,brightests and best like all zx14 owners..well they do own quakkers!

what i want out of my bike is to be able to beat the living dayylights out of his and stop the bragging rights..Pi_tongue.

by the way he,s my mechanic..(and get very well along with him)

but with that all said..i just want my bike too sound great with quailty gear..
but i would like too keep the expenses down due too well alot of out goings with other projects..Coolrasta

so i need thoughts on the best exhaust system for my bike....

it must be a dual system. sound great and give me heaps of extra hpKnuppel2
Cheeky,

Since I am the first to respond and have bare minimum knowledge about the subject - All I can say is that itâ€s proven world over that a stock Busa K8 and above - has more power and performance the a stock ZX14. Having said that there are few things to look into here.

If you need an exhaust for your own pleasure and enjoy the performance then there are many choices. Yes you save weight (approx 10 Kg) and you gain power - but along with exhaust you will need other bits and retuning to have the effect. And now maters which one you choose they are expensive so do your research and then make a decision.

Now your comment on: 'what I want out of my bike is to be able to beat the living daylights out of his and stop the bragging rights'

A bike is as good as the rider, (please donâ€t get me wrong) - example here - I went to ride with Simon and other fellas - man they were fast - on street I was tailing behind them - but I always remained in my comfort zone - which is important to every rider.

I only have a standard 00 busa and my son always compares it with every bike on the street and says dad since yours can go to 340 KM you can beat him... this is exactly how you are sounding in the above statement.

Now coming back to your Mechanic - what type of mod has he done to his bike, re-chipped, computer, exhaust, carbon wheels etc etc. well if you are following him and trying to beat him in the battles of the mod then itâ€s a correct approach.

Or else forget about it - enjoy your black 09, itâ€s the best bike in the business for speed and this your mechanic also knows.

Now I am almost sounding like a father......apologies if I have made you mad or have not appreciated your riding talents or hurt any one in any way.

Just wanted to share my view.

PS: a Gen1 Turbo can beat the living dayylights out of him and cost less then K9....

Cheers,

Bill
for a full system with twin mufflers and tune your looking at $3000+ hp aint cheap.
Regards

Dan
Without knowing what mods he has done its a pointless argument - exhaust may do FA to the equation, as above there are so many factors involved in being fast or "I am the fastest" could be a total tool :)
Egos; everyone got one
ah well it wont be me riding my bike thats for sure..
yes his bike isnt standard..
within the throttle body there are two butterflys.he has removed one.
remapped puter
of course exhausts slip ons,
as far as i know thats it.
sorry guys but my thread was "tounge in cheek" i,m not mad nor miffed and i do ride within my limits for an old girl..
peace to all...
CoolrastaSmitten
i was thinking $2500 for full sys. but thanks on setting me too raise my mark..Undecided
bghere this guy -the mechanic.as i said mad zx14 reckons that the busa is only in the guiness world book of records because its limited 2kms higher than the zx14 and susposedly 3kw more power.(please set me straight)Confused
now i must say i am one eyed busa lover and reader of road rider where they compared the busa to the zx14.
in different areas they superseeded one another..
but at end of article they basically said as an all round bike the busa won..
i bought mine on purely the way it handled beneathe me ,i love it far over any bike i have ever had..so far..
dont get me wrong i adore my "hymie" she is awesome and beautiful .i love the way she just "goes" no matter what gear or speed you are doing.i feel safe on her..
i ride too what i can handle then i,m just as happy too see scenery every now and then.Very Happy

the hoon in me loves the loud good sounds of a great system..bit like a decent v8.you cant surpass thatSun
Performance Bikes (UK) mag just did a compared a Stock K8 Busa, ZZR14, Blackbird 00 (mod) and K8 GSX-1000.

Here are the numbers
> Stock ZZR1400 166.2 bhp@9100 rpm and 105.1 lb.ft@7600 rpm torque
> Stock K8 176.6 Bhp@9500 rpm and 104.5 lb.ft@7100 rpm
> Stock GSX1000 K8 165.8 bhp@12000 rpm and 78.4 lb.ft @10100 rpm
> Modified Blackbird 146.7 bhp@10200 rpm and 83.4lb.ft@7300 rpm

Now you can either print this and show it to him or just go and buy their Jan 09 issue and show it to him.

In the old days Kawa use to have more power and still Busa use to beat them. They some how got their numbers bit correct in the ZZR14 (may be due to the partner-ship between Kawa and Suzu)

Stock Bike to Bike - Busa beats the Kawa hands down rest all in on modification and rider.

Cheers,

Bill
i may even mail it too him. tah for that.
Its all immaterial really - every owner of a Busa will swear its the fastest and find some test somewhere that "proves" it, likewise every Kawasaki owner will do the same. Given that both bikes are way faster than most peoples ablity to ever find the limit its such a wasted argument (as in all the latest litre bikes as well) you can trawl the UK mags and find 4 different comparrisons as you can US mags etc. And marketing will do wonderful things as well - when I got my ZX10 and worked it to shithouse to the point of 24hp more than stock I still got idiots telling me that teh R1 was the fastest bike blah blah - despite knowing that my bike would eat most R1 for breky and shit them out like a bad poo. Put a good rider on any bike and you can beat an average rider on a fastewr bike etc

bored with ranting now
Egos; everyone got one
annnnnnnnnnny who.. so what exhausts are out there and price?
You've seen and heard mine Cheeky. They cost $1450 about a year ago. No other mods required for great sound, looks and power.
The next best would be the TWO BROTHERS carbon fibre slip ons for about $1000. I reckon they would look and sound good on your bike.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
You can get a TiFORCE twin can system and add a PCIII and dyno to get the ultimate twin muffler lightweight system. This is gonna cost you bigger bucks though.
You need a dyno in Griffith to set it up for you too.
Regards BUSGO
E B A Y
Egos; everyone got one
Ebay is not so attractive with the current financial situation and lack of local support.
It may be fine to get stuff in the cities but out west it ain't easy getting good support.
Unless of course cheeky's friendly mechanic is a whiz.
Regards BUSGO
i,m sure i will source down a dyno..may not be here.. but willing to travel
Have you seen this discussion from a while back Cheeky?

http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...p?tid=9087
Regards BUSGO