218 mph on the salt
Krusty Wrote:Hey Maj your saying 8500 rpm,so do you reckon you've more in the bike.aerodynamics should be sweet eh?
Or at that speed does the bike move a lot with wind changes?
Sounds like the motor is capable of more,not that I would be.Pissing myself laughing when I heard the guys filming you.well done again mate
Motors good for way more power than i can use , aero is everything,std fairings are good but all the realy fast guys are using aftermarket landspeed fairings, wind does move you around , a gust can put you off the course,(frontend is not responsive enough to steer yourself, your only just guiding it down the track) nothing you can do then but to get back in line for the next run.
I still get a laugh from there comments too.

Shredder and Abusa came out in 06
The last bit of road in is 160kms of outback track, that this year became a river, its generally 2wd trafficable and if your keen would be passable on a busa, have to be very keen though, i have done a lot of dirt riding on the busa and i wouldn't want to take my bike in..Scary
good to hear that the donk has more grunt than we'll ever need.Is this bike your every day bike or a project beast?
Racebike, the streetbike is much more tame
hey Maj do you have any pictures of your racebike have not seen it yet!
AWESOME MAJ.

HOW'S THE PILOT'S LICENSE?

WAS THERE ANY OTHER STAND OUT PERFORMERS OR A WRITE UP ON THE WEEK?
One standout bike was a 1000cc waterbottle (gt 750 tripple 2 stroke)
Home built fairing, home cast sleeves cylinders and pistons, running on Methanol ..real Burt Munroe stuff,
Ran 210mph.Clap

My busa, with Kim on the 750 in front and many drag racers will recognise Ev on the landspeed R1 on our left
[Image: DSCF0674.jpg]

Home on the salt
[Image: DSCF0625.jpg]
great pics mate looks like it was going to rain!
It was a beauty of a thunderstorm, passed by without wetting the salt any more but i think its the one that dumped 125mm on the track out and caused so much trouble for those that left on thursday.
Grouphug
Maj Wrote:It was a beauty of a thunderstorm, passed by without wetting the salt any more but i think its the one that dumped 125mm on the track out and caused so much trouble for those that left on thursday.
Being a first timer salty , Greg was the ultimate guru , the weather was so twisted it wasn,t funny sitting at the start line for 1 whole hour before the wind subsided watching the rain piss down allover the riders camp yet not a drop at the start line , freakin weird , bit like bitumen just a little more squirrely , and watching his 218mph run first hand was freakin awseome, after so many licensing runs seeing some bloke go out and smoke everybody to the weeds was inspiring , dammit greg ,i got the fever - PS-bogged the winnebago on the way out so 4 wheel drive only way to go
Cheers,
Philfy
sounds like you had an awesome time philfy!! can't wait till i get the exhausts off you!!