24 volt start ... Charging 2nd battery ?
I run a 1500 Powertech motor and have the usual hot start issues so have decided to go the 24 volt route.

I would prefer to be able charge the 2nd battery form the alternator. I have seen proprietory wiring harnesses that enable this but they are over priced for what they are.

Is there a kind soul who could let me have a wiring diagram and component spec please?
if your second battery is big enough,just tender charge it whenever you get around to it.thats what i do,no dramas there as long as the second battery is a reasonable size.
pigiron Wrote:I run a 1500 Powertech motor and have the usual hot start issues so have decided to go the 24 volt route.

I would prefer to be able charge the 2nd battery form the alternator. I have seen proprietory wiring harnesses that enable this but they are over priced for what they are.

Is there a kind soul who could let me have a wiring diagram and component spec please?

When I was going to go the high comp route I drew up some plans for a harness to do exactly what you want. It basically has the batteries connected in Parallel until you hold a momentry switch on whilst starting when it crosses to series and make 24v. Once started you let go of the switch and it charges both batts.

I never got to test it as I ended up going down the turbo route but I am sure I still have the drawing somewhere. It wouldnt take much to test the theory of it safely using a couple of d size batteries or something.

PM me your email addy and I will try to dig up the drawing.
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
Spend the money---that's what it's forScary

GEN1 & GEN2

http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/catalo...prevnext=1

Problem sortedPi_thumbsup