Tasmania/March 2010
Driller, I mentioned this run to the other half earlier tonight and he just smiled and said " Didn't think that you'd be able to wait till July to go back " .

Putting a finance plan into place so that I can do this.
yeah i might be interested- was thinking of doing PI as the first "big run" anyway and have been meaning to get to tassie for a while now. would like to see a rough plan before i committed to anything though as arranging leave can be hard with my shift roster. also would there be objections to a mate coming along- doesn't own a busa but has a modified ZX14 which i guess is the next best thing.
keno77 Wrote:would like to see a rough plan before i committed to anything though as arranging leave can be hard with my shift roster. also would there be objections to a mate coming along- doesn't own a busa but has a modified ZX14 which i guess is the next best thing.

Your mate would be welcome to tag along
As for the plan it may depend where your leaving from to get time off & who you maybe able to hook up with to travel down etc
The date for PI are still to be confirmed but exspected to be end of feb begining march.
Then the boat will be to tasie on the monday after racing.
6 nights 7 days on tassie then hit melbourne for your run home

shane
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
busababe Wrote:The Blog of our trip is here

good 1Pi_thumbsup
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
Would be good to have you along busababe save those penny's!Pi_thumbsup
G/day keno yes time of is a big consideration hopefully with enough notice you can swing it.Where are you coming from keno?
With getting there I will be traveling down from Port Macquarie and depending on who we pick up on the way will determine which way we go.Once at PI my intention is to be at Cowes sat night and at the track race day.At this stage nothing has been decided for Monday as last year we used that day to travel down The Great Ocean rd, huge day 850ks.
We only made the boat with an hour to spare good run worth a look once for sure, but with 80ks limit Rv vans,caravan's makes it a little bit ordinary.
The only thing you would have worry about is being on that boat Monday afternoon,as I said before it will be 6-7 days on Tassie Once we reach Devenport if the weather is good in the west, we go west otherwise we go east accommodation will be determined on number's will have to wait and see who commit's .
As for all ride's within the club keno everyone's welcome, but he'll have to ride at the backLol3
If anyone want's more info just give me call 0437818005

Mark
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
I'm looking at this trip. Waiting to find out tomorrow if leave is available for that period next year.

f*** it's getting to the the point I have to put in my leave 14 months in advance.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
Busdriver Wrote:I'm looking at this trip. Waiting to find out tomorrow if leave is available for that period next year.

f*** it's getting to the the point I have to put in my leave 14 months in advance.

Hey Les,
if you bring your old bat, I'll bring my ball and chain! Then we get to watch them trying to communicate between bikes on the move.Fatman
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Can you send me an entry form please Biker
I've started planning.

I've applied for leave, and I think I've put it in early enough. Should know in the next couple of days if it's approved. (fingers crossed)
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
ok this is looking good- it is in a period where i can take leave so will fill out a form and give it to the boss with fingers crossed. Knuppel2 i know how busdriver feels- i have to put my leave in a year in advance and they don't give us a crystal ball to check the dates for PI. driller- i live in nowra which is an hour south of wollongong so could jump on the convoy because either way (hume or princes) you have to go past me but see what happens when it gets closer. have a mate that lives in cabramurra so I was going to use the excuse to see him to run the snowy highway but that could happen anyway.
No worries keno good luck with the time off, havn't got the date's for the supers yet would expect them to be 26/27/28th of Feb will confirm that asap.
We will swing by and pick you up but we won't be using the (hume or princes) if we can help it.Pi_freak

Form is in the post simmo let me know if you don't receive it!Lol3
Take plenty of wet/warm gear, I went there in 1978 on my T160 triumph, got
rained on for the first 4 days off the boat.Then again when i had owned the
busa for 3 mths (bought it for the trip)2006. Got snowed on at craddle mtn.
Fantastic place on a bike for a week,but I wouldn't go back without electric
clothing.Both times were in feb. If you go prepared you will have a ball.A local in a queenstown hotel told me that twistie rd in the pic is called 99 bends & supposedly the guy who designed it commited suicide because he
wanted 100 bends. Have Fun.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Ok just confirmed dates for the World Superbikes Championship 2010 is going to be the weekend of 26th/27th/28th Feb 2010.

Quote: Please be aware that the date is subject to FIM Ratification.

So all interested parties will need to be booking the boat leaving Melbourne to Tassie on 1/3/2010 in July sometime to be assured a place and to help with logistics

I have also made some inquires into some accommodation at PI and being the event that it is bookings will be essential in advance (same time as Boat booking).
The accom would be cabin style close to Cowes all linen included 2-4-6 births.

And remember you never never know if you never never go!!!!!!!!Action-smiley-083
those dates are good with me- been pestering the boss but he still hasn't made up next years leave roster so may have to Nutkickyt1 never done the supers before and im pretty keen so if worst comes to worst i can pull long service because that cant be knocked back. will definitely know something before july though. agree with staying off the highways too- the hume has no redeeming features whatsoever but the princes would if cars were banned. only meant that unless you really go west from sydney you will have to come pretty close to where i live.
Ludicrous speed- go!
I think they will be going west from Port Macquarie.
But all roads join together somewhere around the map.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO