08-09 busa and b-king owners - Suzuki service bulletin
Haha! Yes.

But this video demonstrates how loose they were from when I took the cover off.
Licence Back!
Maybe telling us who the stealer is may avoid hassles for others!!!!
The real problem is with Suzuki Australia not giving any information to the stealerships.

Moderators: please edit this post if you see any errors.

Pre-requisites:

a)
TheShredder Wrote:oil does not have to be dropped to do this. Just place front wheel on a block of wood, paver, brick etc. This lays the bike over enough on the side stand so the oil wont run out & you can perform the job mess free.

b) Torque wrench and metric socket set
c) Metric spanner set
d) Gasket, Clutch Cover 11482-24F00

1. Remove the clutch cover by undoing the bolts that hold it in place. I was then able to just remove the clutch cover by hand with little force.

2. According to the US Suzuki Service bulletin, there are two bolts that we need to be concerned with. These are:

(#14) Bolt - Clutch Spring Support
(#15) Bolt - Clutch Spring

[Image: ClutchProblem.JPG]

With the clutch cover removed, you are now looking at the heads of the 6x "Clutch Spring Bolts" (#15). These bolts actually screw into the heads of the "Clutch Spring Support Bolts" (#14). They also hold the "Clutch Springs" (#5) in place.

3. Remove both the Clutch Spring bolts and Clutch Spring Support bolts (#14 & #15). These bolts will probably come out as one piece since (#15) screws into the head of (#14). At this stage, I would recommend removing the "Clutch Pressure Disc" (#11) as it looks like it might fall. Note: mine had yellow paint showing the position of the disc.

4. Unscrew the Clutch Spring Bolts (#15) from the head of the Clutch Spring Support Bolts (#14). Use an open-ended spanner to grip (#14) and a socket to remove (#15).

5. Clean & dry the bolts thorougly with petrol or similar.

6. Add loctite to the thread of the Clutch Spring Support Bolts (#14) and screw back in, tightening to 16.5 ft/lb.

7. Slide the Clutch Pressure Disc (#11) back into position.

8. Slide the Clutch Springs (#5) over the Clutch Spring Support Bolts (#14).

9. Add loctite to the thread of the Clutch Spring Bolts (#15) and screw back in using a little force to slightly compress the Clutch Springs (#5). Tighten to 7 ft/lb of torque.

10. Install new Gasket and replace Clutch Cover, oil etc..
Licence Back!
1300hayabusa Wrote:Maybe telling us who the stealer is may avoid hassles for others!!!!

The majority of the dealers will duck, dodge & weave until they get the official nod from Suzuki Australia. That's only going to happen if we make some noise about it. I'm not talking riots in the street people - just a simple phone call to inform Suzuki that there is a problem.

Suzuki won't help us if we don't help ourselves......it's just they way it is unfortunately.

(03) 9931 0500 and ask to be put through to Rob Nowak (Suzuki Australia).
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
It seems that more and more of us, when checking ourselves are finding that those bolts are too loose, so the problem might be more widespread than first thought.have to check mine too, especially if it does not always make a clearly distinquishable noise...
i would have thought that if its making the noise suzuki would have to inspect it under warranty recall or not..
well, might install the brocks clutch modification the same time i check the bolts Coolsmiley
Good writeup on how to tighten them up Tim!
did you get to clean the threads of clutch cam 2 also?
Cheers Larra.

I did - I'll modify the write-up to reflect this!
Licence Back!
Hi there,

If I owned a K8-K9 I would be removing the cover and loctiting the bolts myself - regardless of the year. If they are loose you phone Spewzuki Australia, and when they refuse to fix it then you get some publicity on it.

Hell I know that Suzuki NZ reckon Suzuki Aust are a pack of a**holes. I know a mechanic in NZ and when the 99-00's had subframe issues they replaced under warranty - but in Australia we bend over and take it...
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
This fault has only appeared on a handful of bikes so far that we know of.
I won't be pulling the clutch cover and checking unless there is some sign of gear change problems or noise.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
@ Timf top post dude!!!
Thanks to Nakedbusa from http://www.busanation.com/ for providing this:

.pdf   ServiceBulletin199.pdf (Size: 585.82 KB / Downloads: 57)
Licence Back!
BabyBusa Wrote:If I owned a K8-K9 I would be removing the cover and loctiting the bolts myself - regardless of the year.

I wish I had taken the time to do a pre-emptive check. It ended up wasting 5 of my sessions on the track - about $90 worth.

I can only imagine the outcome if I'd been 1000klm from home.
Licence Back!
Hi guys. I write from Spain (www.hayabusa.es). Sorry for my bad English.
i have a white k9.

I would like show any pics from German hayabusa club. (www.hayabusaclub.de)

[Image: 20090425180532koppel10.jpg]
[Image: 20090425180610koppel11.jpg]
[Image: 20090425180632antiho10.jpg]
[Image: 20090425181159koppel12.jpg]

Scary

I going to dealer the next week... i do not like the surprises.

Ciao.
Pacotuercas Wrote:Hi guys. I write from Spain (www.hayabusa.es). Sorry for my bad English.
i have a white k9.

I would like show any pics from German hayabusa club. (www.hayabusaclub.de)

[Image: 20090425180532koppel10.jpg]
[Image: 20090425180610koppel11.jpg]
[Image: 20090425180632antiho10.jpg]
[Image: 20090425181159koppel12.jpg]

Scary

I going to dealer the next week... i do not like the surprises.

Ciao.
That looks nasty..
Thanks for the pictures and Welcome
my k8 is going out the back to get looked at on Thurs...

will let you know what they find on my girl Biker

and for you people who don't know me I work for a dealer up North

will let you know how it all turns out...
Regards Richard.....

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

[Image: l_b8cd83806072859a2e37a2a757a8eb9a.jpg]

F.B.R.1347 Wrote:my k8 is going out the back to get looked at on Thurs...

will let you know what they find on my girl Biker

and for you people who don't know me I work for a dealer up North

will let you know how it all turns out...

Whenpigsfly

Richard,

I here on the grape vine you have a new edition to your bike collection, what to sell it.

Dave