08-09 busa and b-king owners - Suzuki service bulletin
Posted by TimF - 21-04-2009 10:55
The real problem is with Suzuki Australia not giving any information to the stealerships.

Moderators: please edit this post if you see any errors.

Pre-requisites:

a) Drop the oil

oil does not have to be dropped to do this. Just place front wheel on a block of wood, paver, brick etc.
This lays the bike over enough on the side stand so the oil wont run out & you can perform the job mess free.

shane
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
Dave Wrote:
F.B.R.1347 Wrote:my k8 is going out the back to get looked at on Thurs...

will let you know what they find on my girl Biker

and for you people who don't know me I work for a dealer up North

will let you know how it all turns out...

Whenpigsfly

Richard,

I here on the grape vine you have a new edition to your bike collection, what to sell it.

Dave

Which bike are talking about,06 Husaberg FE 450 Motard,04 KTM 250 EXC, 08 M109, 00 Hayabusa, or my K8 Busa... I just sold my SV 650??

and the clutch is all sorted, all done under warranty
Regards Richard.....

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

[Image: l_b8cd83806072859a2e37a2a757a8eb9a.jpg]

Great thread, just shows the value of boards like these in keeping owners informed and updated. Proving one cant always rely on the manufacturer to do the right thing by its consumers.

Having said that Im still running my bike with the '99 original aluminium subframe. I often check the arms but thankfully all still intact to date. Hope it stays that way.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
(Pan's quote edited out to save space) BUSGO.
Clap mate thxs 4 the heads up..Have a k9 with 4800kms and have not noticed anything yet..
Cheers
F.B.R.1347 Wrote:
Dave Wrote:

Whenpigsfly

Richard,

I here on the grape vine you have a new edition to your bike collection, what to sell it.

Dave

Which bike are talking about,06 Husaberg FE 450 Motard,04 KTM 250 EXC, 08 M109, 00 Hayabusa, or my K8 Busa... I just sold my SV 650??

Did they find anything wrong with the clutch? What did they do? Any further info re clutch problem/s?
Hi guy's,

Well I was getting worried that maybe my clutch would give me trouble if it wasn't checked.

Spoke to Action's at Parramatta and the service manager said he'd heard nothing and I would have to pay if they checked it.

So I went and bought my self a wench so I could check and set the bolts to the spec's. But all nice and tight. No need to have checked, but if I didn't I would be worried each time I took it out.

John
Thanks John
afp3765 Wrote:
F.B.R.1347 Wrote:
Dave Wrote:

Whenpigsfly

Richard,

Dave

Did they find anything wrong with the clutch? What did they do? Any further info re clutch problem/s?

yep the bolts had came lose, and just started to hit the the cover
not to much damage in there.
The boys put a shit load of lock tight on them so they will not
come out again
Regards Richard.....

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

[Image: l_b8cd83806072859a2e37a2a757a8eb9a.jpg]

[/quote]

yep the bolts had came lose, and just started to hit the the cover
not to much damage in there.
The boys put a shit load of lock tight on them so they will not
come out again
[/quote]

PM sent
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Well it got the better of me & had to check my 09 today happy to report all was sweet everything was nice & tight.
OK! so it also gave me a reason to pull the fairing off. Have to admit the gen1 was a lot easier, practise can only help. Glad the thread was posted on how to remove, the hand book tells sweet F all!
I was talking to one of the Suzuki Dealers here in WA yesterday about this issue and this is what they had to say or the mechanic anyway.
They have just been talking to Suzuki Australia and are aware of the issue in the States but to date there has been no official reports by dealers to Suzuki about the posted issue. The Workshop Mechanic also mentioned that he is checking out a K8 in the next few days for a customer at the cost of Suzuki to clarify the issue if there is one and will let me know when I drop my bike of for a service at the end of next week. This is the part I'm not sure about they also mentioned that the models that come out of Japan for the States come of a different production line hence the reason why Suzuki Australia is not concerned until they have some reports on the issue.

Currently I have no noise coming from that region of the motor so not concerned but I will be monitoring this post and if to many guys / gals start having this issue will look at it a bit more.
I had my first service on my K9 a couple of weeks ago and got pretty much the same comments as Rev004. My query was noted on the service paperwork and to the dealers credit his advice was that if something went wrong even once the warranty period was over then they/Suzuki would be obliged to fix at their cost as they have been made aware of a potential warranty claim and chose not to look into it.
Rev004 Wrote:I was talking to one of the Suzuki Dealers here in WA yesterday about this issue and this is what they had to say or the mechanic anyway.
They have just been talking to Suzuki Australia and are aware of the issue in the States but to date there has been no official reports by dealers to Suzuki about the posted issue.

Yes, the dealers are starting to sound like a broken record. 3 of our members have had workshops rectify this fault - why aren't Suzuki getting the reports / feedback?

Garbo - Sept / Oct 2008, by Graeme Boyd Motorcycles (Newcastle NSW)
TempOzzy - Dec 2008, Work done by Kessner Motorcycles (Klemzig SA)
F.B.R. 1347 - April 2009, by Future Sport Motorcycles (Townsville QLD)

+ members having done thier own corrective maintenance
Busakid08 & TimF
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
ByfordBlade Wrote:My query was noted on the service paperwork and to the dealers credit his advice was that if something went wrong even once the warranty period was over then they/Suzuki would be obliged to fix at their cost as they have been made aware of a potential warranty claim and chose not to look into it.

Good luck BB. If you can't get them to take your clutch cover off & check 1/2 a dozen bolts when doing your service do you really think you'll be able to get them to admit fault if something major goes wrong?
Photobucket

No luck needed - I had a problem with what I thought was a warped front disc on my Fireblade and asked the dealer to check it during a service. When I picked the bike up I was told it was nothing unusual so asked them to note down on the service receipt that I had enquired and they had checked. A few months out of warranty I rode a mates blade and it became obvious that there actually was a problem, albiet only irritating and not unsafe. Went back to the dealer and mentioned it, got quoted a few hundred bucks for a replacement as they now felt there was a problem but not claimable under warranty as it had expired. Got them to give me a written quote and note why it needed replacing. Faxed that quote and the note on the service receipt to Honda Australia with a covering letter stating I felt just a little bit pissed off and the next day I got a call asking me to drop the bike into another dealer the following week to have it replaced at no cost.

Major lessons learnt - get everything in writing if you feel there's a problem but the dealer doesn't and never buy another Honda. If there was something that I felt was unsafe and they said it was ok then I'd go to every dealer until one either fixed it or convinced me I was worrying over nothing. Warranty covers you regardless of which dealer you ask to fix it - some dealers just can't be arsed fixing things as there's no profit margin in it for them.

Noisy clutch on the 'busa isn't going to kill me but now I'm covered if it ever happens anyway. In this case I have a thread on www.australian-hayabusa-club.com started prior to the service supporting why I asked for it to be looked at in the first place too.
Hey guys, I have a k9 with 4600 k's on it, thought my clutch was a bit noisy, dealer up here in Rockhampton said we haven't heard of it or nothing and wasn't keen to check it out, just told me to talk to the dealers in Brissy.

So me and dad had a day off today and decided to check it out, every one of the bolts were loose some only a couple of threads left, hadn't started wearing into the cover yet.

Overall, the clutch doesn't sound any quieter really, just less rattles and vibrations. Feels a hell of a lot better to change gears and everything though.

If you are unsure, I would recommend you check it out, at least now I have piece of mind when taking her for a spin.