Immaculate KZ1000
Found this bike in Tokyo, I have higher res pictures if you want which shows how good it is but at 3-5Mb there a bit big to post. Iâ€m too young to have seen one of these new and as far as I could tell this looked like it had just come out a crate. The locals were very amused at my excitement over the bike but I couldnâ€t find the owner or it would be in my drive way now.
still a kwacka!
HMMMM banter as noice as a bike is you couldent find a busa in all of japan to get your pic taken with

noice bike
i was just joking to
yeah its all a bit of fun mate nothing nasty meant by it
Banter Wrote:Found this bike in Tokyo, I have higher res pictures if you want which shows how good it is but at 3-5Mb there a bit big to post. Iâ€m too young to have seen one of these new and as far as I could tell this looked like it had just come out a crate. The locals were very amused at my excitement over the bike but I couldnâ€t find the owner or it would be in my drive way now.
Absolutely gorgeous bloke. You don't see many that good any more.

Bloke here in Canberra has a shedfull of broken ones, nothing that good. The older Kwackas were the better ones, the modern ones are shit. Poor quality control.

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
bigfoot Wrote:still a kwacka!

Fear not bigfoot, the Hayabusa is still the only bike for me but Iâ€m grew up ridding beaten up old z650/z900,s and 750/4's which I think were mechanical marvels of their time. But the z,s were my favourite, 140 Mph out of the box, needle roller bearings on the crank, twin overhead cams and so on. Also, like many I was brain washed by movies like Mad Max and Stone when I was young to believe the Z was the true rebelâ€s bike. What blew me away was as I spotted the bike I expected to see aftermarket parts, faded instruments, seat cover cracks and faded controls but the closer I got the more I realised I was looking at the real deal. I have never seen a Z in that condition, it brought back so many good memories and I finally got to see what I would have bought if I had been a little bit older.
Thats a tidy looking bike, good find ..Clap
[Image: photo3.jpg]
VCM Cycle seats Wrote:HMMMM banter as noice as a bike is you couldent find a busa in all of japan to get your pic taken with

noice bike

Lol3 LOL, its actually dam near impossible as I was told you require a special licence to ride bikes over a certain power range. The Z was the largest capacity bike I saw in all the time I was there. They mainly seem to be into converting dirt bikes into road bikes, you see them all over the place with extended swing arms and huge road tires, great stuff and typical of Japanese unique form of cultural duplicity, conformist on one side and wildly individualistic on the other. Great place to see if you ever get the chance.
banter i hear ya budy i loved stone an mad max 1 of my first bikes was a kz 500 ,honda bolodors , but i soon learnt what the best bike is mate

when i owned my suzuki katana 1100 i loved takeing of like goose did just smoken the back tyre hahahahahaha
Banter... had one just like it (different colours tho) when I was a lad. Was a great bike for it's time.
Astro Wrote:Banter... had one just like it (different colours tho) when I was a lad. Was a great bike for it's time.

Lucky bloke, yes they were miles ahead of their time and Kawasaki really stuck it up the yanks and Europeans by showing they were a serious force to be dealt with in the bike market. I have had so much fun on Zâ€s I always smile whenever I see one. Unfortunately for me by the time I started getting into bikes in the early 80â€s they were being sold for next to nothing having long been out stripped by the mighty Katana (classic) and GSX1100 (monster of a bike), GPz1100 (all motor no breaks), CB1100R (all breaks no motor), VF750/4 (fun on 2 wheels) and so on. Most were smashed up modified bikes but spares were easy to find. I wish I had taken photos of them all; I was the ultimate bike s****** in those days, ride anything with two wheels and a rev. Some years I would pick up and get rid of 3 or 4 bikes depending on the cash flow, which was often the reason for the change of bikes. The 80,s were good for me Action-smiley-083
Ill dig out pictures of my old Purple/Black 2004 Bus, its sound a bit strange but at the end of the day after a good wash, polish and shine I would sit out the front and watch as her colours changed with the sun going down and just marvel at how far bikes have come and wonder whatâ€s next. Have you heard of the Zero, itâ€s a range of electric bikes, link bellow
http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/
I recon this is the future, I have dreams of converting a Bus to a short range electric drag bike by taking advantage of her huge frame strength / weight ratio and under cowling space. Gotta have dreams cobba.
All the best,
Banter
VCM Cycle seats Wrote:banter i hear ya budy i loved stone an mad max 1 of my first bikes was a kz 500 ,honda bolodors , but i soon learnt what the best bike is mate

when i owned my suzuki katana 1100 i loved takeing of like goose did just smoken the back tyre hahahahahaha

Your my kind of rider VCM, I had a silver 1982 Bol dâ€or with the gold rimmed wheels a bikini fairing, but I bow to mighty katana, a quantum leap in motorcycle engineering and design with a 20 year production life that at release produced the fastest production motorcycle in the world, sound familiar.
Thatâ€s a top scene as Goose winds her out on to the road after the tow trucks. Done the circle burnout and mono? , can you see me Toe Cutter!!!
Just back to the Bol dâ€or, did you ever get a front end wobbles, I had one that came real close to a tank slapper at about 160K, frightened the shit out of me, no warnings or signs before and it never again.