Just how do you ride a bloody busa ...
without loosing your friggin license ?

This is now just a rhetorical question for me as I kissed mine goodbye yesterday.

And yes I know the easy answer is don't ride on the road, or just follow the rules, but thats easier said than done.
Ouch! Not for long I hope.

Cheers
I received the "1 point or 3mths" letter just before I moved to Vic from Brissy.
I thought, Oh great. I'm done for in Vic on just 1 point for 12mths. All those flamin cameras everyone hears about.
Turns out it wasn't a problem.
There are bugger all coppers on the roads down there & you get to know where all the cameras are pretty quick.

Sailed thru 2yrs in Melbourne no problem.

Back in Bris now.... The points will be gone soon..........
Yeah I know what you mean, rarely saw a copper in Sydney, knew most of the cameras and the rest are pretty well signed.

Great roads to ride on in the hinterland up here but so many coppers, it's all over now baby.

I would like to mount the following conditional arguments in my defence:

1. The road should not have been zoned as 60 kph, it was far more rural than residential.
2. I was only doing 97 kph as I passed a truck I had been stuck behind.
3. I was only doing 97 kph for a few seconds and decreased my speed to zero in a a couple more after I was flashed.
4. Yes I did pass on double lines but I got a busa, I could passed it twice in saftey.

But in the end I must acknowledge:

1. Im stupid, I knew I was gonna loose it but didn't change my behaviour.
2. Im selfish, I like going fast and the longer I go without speed the more I want it.
3. Im dangerous, I didn't consider for anybody's safety, including my own.
ask busdriver
Regards

Dan
Officer, I was riding to the conditions and my focus was on the road, not my speedo.
Unfortunately mot a defence Heidi. I don't think there would be many highway officers let you off with that one at all.
Dan85 Wrote:ask busdriver

OK busdriver, I'm asking.
I've gotten off a few times with that one because I don't speed around town. The times I've used that it has been true, I've been in the back of bum-f***-nowhere's-ville just bootling along, watching the road not the speedo. Sure it is no legal defense, but if you are polite and telling the truth and give no attitude, I find it works.

UNLESS YOU HAVE BRUCE AND SIMMO AT YOUR BACK, in which case you are lucky not be brutalised by the local constabulary!
i always found if you wink at the highway patrol guy and say in a funny voice that you cant think of anything sexier than a big strong man in leather pants with a gun! warning with this one it can go either way he will leither let you off or beat you to death that or he is a deviant and will do horrid things to you
Regards

Dan
yeah not a good idea that last one Dan85, put funny if it works.
busa, love em
Why did you stop?
bummer mate thats what i am worried about when the time comes for my busa. chances are i will lose my liscence in the first week! god i hope not!
Legend Wrote:Why did you stop?

Because I may be stupid but I aint desperate, yet ;-)

Now you ask, I vaguely recall the thought manifesting itself in the back of my mind for a split second.

I even remember I considered the cop was facing the other way, maybe with his engine off, he may well have not had time to spin his head and make my number plate, there was a dump truck up my ass doing 70 kph and a few cars after him, I was already 100 kph ahead and 3 seconds from another ton and the open road in view, unfortunately I was probably the only red busa within cooee and still 50 kms from home where even if I had made it it was just a game of hide and seek from then on, also I recollected a post where other members were admonishing a white busa rider in Adelaide for doing something like that, besides I wouldnâ€t be game.
so where's that leave ya for the weekends ride Steve?
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue