Cold Start
How many having probs have a tre ?
lightbulb 
(22-07-2009, 05:14pm)Bundybusa Wrote: Hi Steve46,

I'm guessing you are the other Black Busa in Bundy that I was talking that day when we both dropped our bikes in for their 1,000km service? I'm the Black K9 with the Microns.

I also have a cold starting problem, but not as bad as you. Mine will idle a bit rough first start and, if you try and give a tiny bit of throttle, it will die. Even if you don't give it some throttle, it will die. But second start is normally a charm. I must admit that I don't start work at 5am though. Most of my bike starts are late morning/early arvo on weekends (when the dewy grass has dried - can't get the beast wet & dirty now, can I?). I haven't mentioned it to the shop as I just thought it was something to do with the different slip-on mufflers.

Anyway, I'll definitely mention it to the shop next time I am in there.

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Yeah mine is the other black 09 in bundy & yes it was me you were talking to on the day of your 1000k service. PS still love the look & sound of your pipes. As per a PM sent to Ohdear the cold start is marginally better after throttle body balance & re-set of TPS. Im down from 4 hits to get it running these days to max of 2 but still runs rough for around 5-10 seconds. Its nice to know Im not going mad, as it has only been the wife & I who witness this problem each morning at 5 a.m & mine is not the only one out there. Im sure each time I go into the shop they think F%^K he is back again. The minister of finance keeps calling it Quote, "the peice of shit". She wanted me to keep the 04.

All that said I totally agree with Ohdear on the A/F mix & will, when time allows have it run up on the dyno & have it checked, re-set. My bitch is a new bike should not have these problems, shit the 2nd eldest just bought a new buzz box, nice little car for its cheaper than a Busa price
& it starts & runs like a dream. Anyway because I am so anal about my bikes I will pay the costs of a remap to hopfully sort the issue. When done I will post the results.

Steve.
anyone done a search on overseas busa sites, maybe they came up with a solution.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
In regards to the Air/fuel mixture, when I had my pipes fitted, one of the guys at the Suzuki dealership told me the computer would adjust the settings on it's own to adapt to the change. Does anyone know if the computer in the K8/K9 actually has the ability to do that?

I had a supercharged V6 SS Crummodore and the computer in that wouldn't make any changes to any mods that I made however the Pontiac Grand Prix in US (which has the same engine) would make changes - obviously different engine management system.
I've had a few mods done to my bike and tuned, dynoed etc and the roughness at first startup is still there. I dont care though. As long as it starts first time every time, then thats good enough for me. A few forums in america have the same problem so maybe its a gen 2 thing right across the board. Someone will figure it out one day.......