Porsche Cayenne S
Does anyone know much about these cars? Anyone owned one or driven one?

I'm looking at an 2003 model. We have a WRX but need a bigger car to fit the family...

Confused
pan Wrote:Does anyone know much about these cars? Anyone owned one or driven one?

I'm looking at an 2003 model. We have a WRX but need a bigger car to fit the family...

Confused

I Have been taken for a Drive in one Pan, It was Awsome, similar to a 911 , it was like it was on Rails which is great for a 4x4. I had a Pajero V6 at the time and I was Very impressed!!
I read in an Open Road mag once that they had a very high fuel consumption level.
I don't know how they compare to other 4 x 4 s.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Depends which model. from what i remember in top gear there are 3 x motor choice's non V8, maybe diesel, a petrol V8 & a turbo V8.The one that
goes like stink is the Turbo V8 which drinks petrol.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Greeny_SA Wrote:Depends which model. from what i remember in top gear there are 3 x motor choice's non V8, maybe diesel, a petrol V8 & a turbo V8.The one that
goes like stink is the Turbo V8 which drinks petrol.

I drove the 4.5 litre V8 (Cayenne S), 2003
6 speed semi auto

Yeh, of course they're going to drink!
Show me a V8 sports SUV that size that doesn't drink, heh?
A mate has one. He prefers his 200 series landcrusier. He says it is a nice car but would not but another
Hi Pan,
Have you tried the turbo Subaru Forester?
Gaz
Pan just out of interest i remember a magazine did a comparison between the wrx and the cayenne turbo 8 and the cayenne was pulling faster lap times than the wrx at eastern creek. cant remember what magaizine it was.
Regards

Dan
Hi Pan,

If you wanted to go European maybe have a look at the VW Touareg. They are a nice vehicle, and you could get an 08 one with low km's for the price you'd be paying for the Porsche Cayenne. I would drive the V6 Petrol and diesel versions, unless you could find a V10, which will blow your socks off.
POS this is what you need:
Egos; everyone got one
Gaz57 Wrote:Hi Pan,
Have you tried the turbo Subaru Forester?
Gaz

Hi Gaz. Yeh, tried it. It's no wider than our WRX and performance is a little less or the same. Still a lovely car, but we need a wider rig.

1hot, the VW Touareg didn't do it for me. Heavy and poor handling, less incentive. The Porsche seems more "solid". I haven't driven one though!

Dan, the car I drove was the V8, not the turbo. Turbo would be nice to try, but out of my price range...

Been looking into it more and the Volvo XC90 seems the goods! The V8 leaves most of these cars for dead in performance. Even the older 5 cylcinder turbos are very good value for money though...
Hi Pan,

If I were you I would be driving a number of vehicles and making a real world comparison. I have not driven a Touareg so I don't know, but if I was in the market for something like that I would be driving the Porsche Cayenne, VW Touareg, Audi Q7, Volvo XC90 etc etc etc.......

Drive the vehicles and form your own opinions. We have just brought a car and it was not what we set out to buy but are very happy with it. It would give Busgo's Mini a run for it's money.
Your best on this class is the BMW X5.It has loads of space and power.
And it is a lot cheaper than the cayane.Porsche's have bigger fuel consumption and i know it cause a friend who has an x5 wanted a porche but after he tested it he droped it.

Here's the used x5 prices

And the used 03 cayene

Add the steering wheel conversionLol3Lol3
Busgo's mini, Sheila's car. I'd be looking to see what they've been paying for service costs. I had a late model two door v8 merc coupe for a while , thirsty mother but slick car, best i'll ever own .Servicing was expensive.
Mate of mine has the BMW X5, drove the Ceyanne but said the X5 a better car
[Image: photo3.jpg]