Removing Baffles
I would like to remove the baffles from my R77 slip ons and would like to know of any tips or information I will need to know before trying to get them out.Undecided
On my R77 slipons there is a screw simply holding them in.
Unfortunately the screw is on the inside (WHEEL SIDE) of the mufflers and you need to remove it with a long blade screwdriver.
You may have to slip your cans off to get at it.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
(18-05-2009, 10:31am)BUSGO Wrote: On my R77 slipons there is a screw simply holding them in.
Unfortunately the screw is on the inside (WHEEL SIDE) of the mufflers and you need to remove it with a long blade screwdriver.
You may have to slip your cans off to get at it.

Thanks Busgo, I will give it try. Saves me a lot of pain trying to work it out. Cheers.Action-smiley-083
There should be an access hole on the inside of the muffler end cap.
Regards BUSGO
a shovel handle up the middle works as well....lol (A)
To remove the screw that holds the baffle in there is a good chance of dropping it inside the muffler body. If this occurs removal of the muffler is necessary to retrieve screw. To avoid dropping I use a short piece of plastic pipe that fits in the access hole and over the head of the screw. The screw in my R77's is allen head so the allen key is inserted through the plastic tube and screw removed through tube with out fear of dropping it. The head of the screw has an interference fit with the in side of the plastic so its important to hold the plastic firmly in position while it is un screwed.
Hope this helps saves having to remove mufflers.
(18-05-2009, 09:42am)Lucky 85 Wrote: I would like to remove the baffles from my R77 slip ons and would like to know of any tips or information I will need to know before trying to get them out.Undecided
The pipes have a carbon firbe tip on them. There is a small rubber plug on the inside of the fibre tip and when removed it looks like a solid rivet and not a screw or bolt. If I drill this out do I need to put some thing in its place once I remove the baffle.
(20-05-2009, 09:35am)Lucky 85 Wrote: The pipes have a carbon firbe tip on them. There is a small rubber plug on the inside of the fibre tip and when removed it looks like a solid rivet and not a screw or bolt. If I drill this out do I need to put some thing in its place once I remove the baffle.

Hey Lucky haven't got those pipes on yet you've have them nearly 4 days and still messing around. Come on dude pull ya finger out Ghastly
Unless Yoshi have changed their manufacture, it is an allen head screw.
Once removed, there is no need to replace it.
It is possible that they have done away with the screw and used a rivet instead.
Not on mine though.
Regards BUSGO