Ride for Daniel
Traffic jams are more what I am used to Shane. Nothing like a good dose of Brisbane peak hour twice a day for 2 hours each way. This one more for the spectacle and support of the cause. May be a chance for a bit of a ride after. Suspect the area will be buzzing with bikes.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
Just a reminder for all planning to be a part of this to have a look at the plan to meet up, and the website http://ridefordaniel.com.au/
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
Looks like it might be a bit wet, see you at the duck pond @ 7:15 unless it's pissing down, then I might pike !
Hopefully not, but let's keep an eye on it and hope for the best for the benefit of the cause.
Sorry guys, my girls have their mid year concert on that day. Meet up with some of you next week for Bilo.
sorry can not make it have to go to father inlaws funeral
Regards,
Shane
Weather forecast isn't very optimistic for the morning but still hoping for the best. Will still be meeting at the Caloundra duck pond 7:15 and Bruce Highway Mobil at 7:30 for any coming up from Brisbane direction. My contact number is 0438 292297 in case you are coming and are delayed or changing plans.

If the weather has fully closed in first thing it will be too late to get the word out for any change of plans so we will have to wing it if that is the case.
The morning was absolutely amazing. This event is so well organised and the turnout was stunning even with the less than ideal weather. My guess is 4000+ bikes. Ranging from mini-bikes, a few trail bikes, litres, Can-Am Spyders, Wheelchair bikes, trikes, and all the way up to a few Busa's !! (Oh, and the inevitable hardley's).

Steve V and I had a ball in amongst the crowd, and my son Hayden was in awe of the whole thing and loved it. Steve will post up some photos shortly.

Watch for it on the news as normal. A shame, but Daniels Dad mentioned that the cause doesn't get coverage in the southern states, which is a sad thing given the importance of the ride, the cause, and the intent behind it all.

There were a few other Busa's there including a very nice blue custom bike. Unfortunately we didn't find any of the riders to have a chat. Some calling cards would have done well as I doubt the other 5 or so Busa's that were there would know of the club.

Will definitely be lining up for next year as well.

For interest, there is another charity ride 13 Sept starting from Noosa (125km) for kids with disabilities. Check it out at www.butterflykids.com.au.
Not the most exciting ride I've ever been on but far from a traffic jam for those of us in the first group of 500 or so. I think the back markers are probably just starting now, poor buggers. It was alot of fun, never seen so many bikes in one place. We meet up with another busa rider and the three of us rode together. We probably saw another half a dozen busas. Definitately worth doing it again next year, rain or shine.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

WOW!
never fly higher than your angel.
Good turn out crap about the weather Pi_thumbsup

And cards are on the way soon.
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
The first picture probably only shows about half the bikes, so it was BIG. Last year someone said there were 7000 all up, this year it was pretty wet and not so many turned up but there could have been 5000 ?
Also saw these on another forum.

[Image: danielmorcomberide2009june21st013.jpg]

[Image: danielmorcomberide2009june21st041.jpg]
Licence Back!
That a SPECTACULAR turn-out!!

Love the photos.