busa vs v-rod
does anyone know how the busa compares with hd' v rod's (v-rod factory drag bikes) on the quarter mile times.

Mates at work reakon the vrods blow the busa of the track, v rods are 100kg heavier too ?

Last time i went to the drags the jack daniels harly ran 7 seconds which is rediculously fast for a harly.
(08-06-2009, 07:32pm)99sydrd Wrote: does anyone know how the busa compares with hd' v rod's (v-rod factory drag bikes) on the quarter mile times.

Mates at work reakon the vrods blow the busa of the track, v rods are 100kg heavier too ?

Last time i went to the drags the jack daniels harly ran 7 seconds which is rediculously fast for a harly.

I understand that Hardleys go really fast if you can find a cliff high enough to throw the ridiculous things off of!
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
v-rod destroyer runs mid to high 9s in 1/4 mile at about 135 mph
with a wheelie bar and a slick. (they come from the factory equipped like that, and they are not street legal)
Stock busa on the other hand runs about the same strapped but at about 147 mph.
so the benefit for having a slick and a wheelie bar is obvious. If they
both had slicks and a wheelie bar it would be no contest at all..Lol3
(08-06-2009, 08:28pm)larra Wrote: v-rod destroyer runs mid to high 9s in 1/4 mile at about 135 mph
with a wheelie bar and a slick (they come from the factory equipped like that, and they are not street legal)
Stock busa runs about the same strapped but at about 147 mph.
so the benefit for having a slick and a wheelie bar is obvious. If they
both had slicks and a wheelie bar it would be no contest at all..Lol3

.Bring your mates down and they can race simmo or me and find out for themselves.Coolsmiley
The Jack Daniels Harley has absolutely zero Harley Davidson parts on it, the only thing it has in comon is that it is a V Twin.
The V-Rod Destroyer is a factory built drag bike, it comes stock with wheelie bars, air shift, no rear shocks, a flat slick, shift light and is not registerable. It runs mid 9's at best.
A stock road going V-Rod will run low 11's, if set up well it might run a high 9.
Steve Stanley was building road going Harley's with custom a chassis and an S&S 124 motor that were running high 9's @140mph,
Most stock Busa's will run mid to low 9's on street tyres with a lowering link and the front strapped.

Tell your mates they dont know what they are talking about. Or to come up with some proof.
yeah... thats right!Pi_tongue
haha!
GenII Hunter Knuppel2
Darren has had his down to 9.3 pb he gets a 9.4 sometimes but mostly runs 9.500 all day, they have clutch issues when they get hot, its a good dial your own time bike very very hard to beat in comps they do the samething all day, well that's what they were build for, Darren has spent years on his bike & really knows his stuff & has his one well sorted Biker
We have a v-rod destroyer and for the money there not to bad but they only run mid to low nines for the same money you can build a 7sec busa. As for the 7sec harleys there not harleys at all just a V- twin that mite look a bit like a harley.
(09-06-2009, 07:22am)#CAS# Wrote: The Jack Daniels Harley has absolutely zero Harley Davidson parts on it, the only thing it has in comon is that it is a V Twin.
The V-Rod Destroyer is a factory built drag bike, it comes stock with wheelie bars, air shift, no rear shocks, a flat slick, shift light and is not registerable. It runs mid 9's at best.
A stock road going V-Rod will run low 11's, if set up well it might run a high 9.
Steve Stanley was building road going Harley's with custom a chassis and an S&S 124 motor that were running high 9's @140mph,
Most stock Busa's will run mid to low 9's on street tyres with a lowering link and the front strapped.

Tell your mates they dont know what they are talking about. Or to come up with some proof.

a STOCK v rod doing low 11's?
I struggle to beleive that.
I thought low 12's at best.