power commander and oil
heads up , if i disconnect the power commander near the seat will the bike still go , does the bike revert back to factory settings ect. The exhaust pipes look pretty black , please advise.

Can you run the busa engine on car oil . It's cheaper and seems to protect 4 clinders car engines with no fuss.

please advise
Don't know about the power commander but,as far as I know, If you put car
oil in your busa,the clutch will slip.Bike oil is somehow friction enhanced or something.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(09-06-2009, 11:27pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: Don't know about the power commander but,as far as I know, If you put car
oil in your busa,the clutch will slip.Bike oil is somehow friction enhanced or something.

I always use to put Mobil 1 in US in my O4 Busa and never had any problems - wheelie all the way - no slip etc. I use to put Mobil 1 because that was the most exp oil available at that time - almost twice exp then Motor bike oil.

Never tried it here, always used Motul or olien (spell check) + Miltec.

Still cant get the front wheel up.....Lol2

I never had problems in US, PS: the weather was also usually cooler then here.

Cheers,
Bill
I would suggest you stick to bike specific oil.
As Bill has just said, it has to have the correct oil for the clutch and gearbox to work sweetly.
I always use Motul 5100 and never have any problems.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
i havent noticed any difference after installing a power commander.
but then i have a k9.
ive heard some notice a huge difference.

always use the best oil you can get.! dont stuff about using oil not made for your bike unless you like walking

trying to cut costs will bite you on the arse and end up dearer in the long run
(09-06-2009, 10:57pm)99sydrd Wrote: heads up , if i disconnect the power commander near the seat will the bike still go , does the bike revert back to factory settings ect. The exhaust pipes look pretty black , please advise.
Can you run the busa engine on car oil . It's cheaper and seems to protect 4 clinders car engines with no fuss.
please advise

If you just unplug it, it wonâ€t run
In the 99ers just unplug it from the power commander & put that plug back the plug back into the ECU, you will have to remove the one that come from the power commander to the ECU to do so, then you may as well take the earth lead off also & take the think out

Oils arenâ€t Oils sole, 99% of car oil have friction modified additives
The settings are in the powercommander, remove it and you remove and modifications to the fueling that may have been done to suit any mods
thanks for the replies , i guess it pc stayes on , as for the oil , mates daughter makes oil products out of oil for shell i'll ask her what she reakons and let you's know.
hmmm good question oh dear.....not quiet sure really will track down the answer..
99sydrd,

If I remember correctly your gen 2 manual (and certainly your Gen 1) manual will say something like "use any good quality oil of API SG/SH. In the case of gen 2 it then says similar "or oil rated JASMO" .... SG/SH is the rating used for car oils. JASMO is a Japanese rating for motorcycle specific oils. So accordingto your manual car oil is OK. As it is we are now up to API SM so the spec is actually for relatively low tech oil as each new spec must be at least as good on all the attributes of the previous oils.

The car vs motor bike is everlasting. The facts are there is little difference except in price between car and motorbike oils (this is not my opinion, it is the view of a major oil company chemist) except for those car oils defined as energy conserving. These are almost exclusively Xw30 weight oils which are not specified for your Busa. All oils contain friction modifiers of several types. The Energy Conserving oils generally contain more Molybedinium (I know its spelt incorrectly) which anecdotaly has caused clutch slippage.

As to getting a Shell chemist to recommend an oil - as Shell make a range of highly profitable motorcycle oils you can be sure the recommendation is for their motorcycle oils.

Hope this helps.

Steventh
can't offer any opinion on the PC but as for oils I have used Shell helix Ultra (blue bottle) in three bike5 now.

GSX1100ESD some 300,000k (much worked over,1170/high comp/yosh cams) oil and filter every 5k. high tens on 1/4
I rebuilt at 200,000 cause of burnt valves and still looks like new inside

02 busa 60,000k oil and filter every 6k as per manual 11.07 on 1/4
97 TL1000s 40,000 odd k (speedo in MPH 26,000) 5.9 on 1/8 at IOM
98 TRX850 25,000 import
08 busa just coming up to first real service at 6k
never had any issue of
clutch slip that was not down to a faulty clutch, carried loads all over OZ and the UK, TL had a weak clutch as a known issue.
bout 40 bucks for 5 litres
apparently any oil that has a higher or equivelent grade than whats specified by suzuki is fine to use regardless of what its sold as i.e car , truck ect .