Whats this?
OK, as warned in my welcome thread here comes the 1st question.
My 2001 has a small silver toggle switch fitted to the top of the inner L/H fairing.
When the bike is started from cold with full choke it idles really well, and when I flick the switch the revs jump up by about 500.

I am new to all this, so any ideas out there?
Steve
Maybe a switched TRE
follow the wires and /or pull the clutch lever in and see if that also makes a difference with the switch on or off
(21-06-2009, 10:22pm)Maj Wrote: Maybe a switched TRE
follow the wires and /or pull the clutch lever in and see if that also makes a difference with the switch on or off
Yep pulling the clutch in DOES make a difference with the switch flicked one way.
So what does it all mean Confused
RE sets the ign timing and fuel to one gears map instead of having a map for each gear, 5th gear is most common, some smart tre's can give normal maps till 5th then hold there for 6th,
6th has a lower rpm limiter for a speed limiter, keeping 5th gear mapping derestricts this and also gives a bit more ign advance and fuel in lower gears, rpm change is one of the effects and an easy waty to tell if a bike has a tre.... thats working..
(22-06-2009, 10:13pm)Maj Wrote: RE sets the ign timing and fuel to one gears map instead of having a map for each gear, 5th gear is most common, some smart tre's can give normal maps till 5th then hold there for 6th,
6th has a lower rpm limiter for a speed limiter, keeping 5th gear mapping derestricts this and also gives a bit more ign advance and fuel in lower gears, rpm change is one of the effects and an easy waty to tell if a bike has a tre.... thats working..
Thanks MajClap