Suzuki wheel bearings and grease
Folks,

Just bought a Suzuki rear wheel bearing and it has arrived already greased but i nthe manual it says pack with Super grease A.

Are the new bearings pregreased with the correct grease?

If I repack do I need to wash out the existing grease first?

Is Suzuki super grease A just a lithium based bearing grease?

thanks in advance for any info.

Steventh
HTB grease is for disk brake cars where the rotor heat transfers to the outer race then rollers and grease etc. I doubt that a motorcycle wheel bearing would ever get as hot as a car wheel bearing. So if you have some Lithium grease it should be fine. Some of the guys would be better off with marine or boat trailer grease.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
Apparently gen2,s use boat anchor grease.Coolsmiley
LOL
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
Hi Steven,
If it is an SKF bearing or equivalent and already packed and sealed, I suggest you stick it in the bike.
It should last 5 - 10 years in normal conditions.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
(25-06-2009, 10:32pm)spamanglenn Wrote: Apparently gen2,s use boat anchor grease.Coolsmiley

I just use any High temp grease
&
Yep we use gen 1 motors as the anchor Lol2
Lol2Lol2.Ive got a gen1 barrell here rob.I.ll sell it to you for $2000.Lol2You could always bore the gen2 block.Apparently they make a cracking good motor.Lol3
(27-06-2009, 01:10pm)spamanglenn Wrote: Lol2Lol2.Ive got a gen1 barrell here rob.I.ll sell it to you for $2000.Lol2You could always bore the gen2 block.Apparently they make a cracking good motor.Lol3
offset billet would be better Boobies4
Very Happy