What would you get as a trackbike?
(22-07-2009, 05:38pm)pan Wrote: California Superbike School had LOTS of problems with the Triumph 675 front brakes. They would lock, then not disengage... so they went for the GSXR600 the next round...
Ok... now thats good to knowScary
hey heidi heres a great little track bike and at a great price have a look let me know what ya think

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HONDA-CBR400R-TRA...tsupported
That's a beauty Kev! Based on all the advice in this thread, I have a new plan. I'm going to do the track day in Sept and hire one of the gixxers. That will give me an indication of whether or not I want a trackbike, there is a chance that the busa is enough for me, but riding something else will tell me one way or the other. Once I've done that, and I've made my decision, I'll look in earnest.

In the meantime, I'll spend the money I've saved on a respray. Yes I know (like any mighty black/purple owner), you will be horrified, but she got a bit scratched up falling down a hill up in the cape. Looks like toast for dinner for the next six months!! Respray then trackbike. Then I probably should get the electrics done in the house before she burns down, but that is another story.

This way I get six months of serious trailer backing practise.
(22-07-2009, 10:10pm)Heidi1 Wrote: That's a beauty Kev! Based on all the advice in this thread, I have a new plan. I'm going to do the track day in Sept and hire one of the gixxers. That will give me an indication of whether or not I want a trackbike, there is a chance that the busa is enough for me, but riding something else will tell me one way or the other. Once I've done that, and I've made my decision, I'll look in earnest.

In the meantime, I'll spend the money I've saved on a respray. Yes I know (like any mighty black/purple owner), you will be horrified, but she got a bit scratched up falling down a hill up in the cape. Looks like toast for dinner for the next six months!! Respray then trackbike. Then I probably should get the electrics done in the house before she burns down, but that is another story.

This way I get six months of serious trailer backing practise.

thats a good idea darl i wish you all the best with it
I'm nothing if not methodical (and shit faced and dizzy, but you get that).
i will be shit faced tomorow nite at the drinks nite lol hehehehe
Quote: I have a new plan. I'm going to do the track day in Sept and hire one of the gixxers

I looked at doing the same thing for sept only to be told they don't have them for hire at ec.However if you do a californa superbike school course you can hire one of their gixxers.

So i will be riding the tank at ec

btw imo the zx6 is the ultimate track bike for track fun, with razor sharp handling. Check out motorcycle disposals .com. au , they come up with bent used sports bikes often for reasonable $.
Heidi, your welcome to take my 95 ZX6 out for a session at eastern creek if you like & see what you think, . Depending on how a few things work out, i may be looking at upgrading later in the year so the old girl may be up for sale.
(21-07-2009, 07:38pm)BLACKZOOK Wrote:
(21-07-2009, 07:33pm)kawasuki Wrote: I wouldnt reccomend a 600.....

Just out of interest mate why not a 600. Not having a shot at you, I have been suggesting to Heidi that a 600 would be a good track bike.

well Heidi is not a racer but enjoys a little bit ,, of speed and power, considering Heidi is a big girl and enjoys the power of the busa i dont think a 600 is the bike, if Heidi cant really push a bike into corners and pin the throttle out of a corner,, she wont like a 600. I think a early R1 would be good ,cheap and fun & it has got some grunt.
For fun get a litre bike,for dedication to improving lap times and corner speed get a 600.
(22-07-2009, 09:02pm)big kev Wrote: hey heidi heres a great little track bike and at a great price have a look let me know what ya think

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HONDA-CBR400R-TRA...tsupported

Thats cool i rekon!

Let us know how you go heidi!
Best of luckPi_thumbsup