Poll: Will you be attending the 10th anniversary ride?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, will be attending (Single)
44.00%
11 44.00%
Yes, will be attending (Twin) - We're not that close!
8.00%
2 8.00%
Yes, will be attending (Double) - We ARE that close!
8.00%
2 8.00%
Yes, will be attending with two or more others (I will post numbers and details in the thread)
12.00%
3 12.00%
Sorry, can't make it
28.00%
7 28.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

10th Anniversary Ride. We Need Your Numbers.
It isn't Max, Les or I coming down, must be someone else.
(08-11-2009, 02:17pm)Heidi1 Wrote: That would be the plan Baz. I worry about the bowlo though, I've just spent some time at the Forster Bowling Club (my grandma is a member) and I suspect David (on the desk) would frown at 70 - 100 drunk hayabusa owners. Specially when Simmo decided it was time to do a lap of the greens, drink in hand, hunting lesbians. It has the potential to go bad fast. The pub would have seen it all before.

I'll ring both and see what kind of deal we can get.

hang on there Little Lady last time that happened I'm sure you were there setting up you tent saying this is the best camping area ever Lol2
I was probably half a giggly step behind you dude, pointing out that they weren't REAL lesbians and that you were and ... HEY!! IS THAT SOMETHING SHINY!!
(12-11-2009, 10:49am)Busanova Wrote: Interesting situation - the bowlo has raffles on the Friday - shouldn't be a problem. Ask to Speak to GEE (soft g as in grub) in the restaurant 10 - 2 or 6 - 9 phone 64941280. He mentioned he can make up special menus eg choice of four main serves plus entrees if desired (i spoke to him earlier this week). He's french so a little hard to understand. The pub has a wedding reception on the Saturday night with a band for the reception. Matty at the pub reckons no problem accommodating both. Got a whisper you or some others are coming down this weekend, if you are let me know , I'd enjoy having a chat and showing off the local attractions.
Cheers,
Gerry
A wedding thay are going to love us Lol2 Cool free food & drinks we better get there early Pi_thumbsup
(12-11-2009, 10:49am)Busanova Wrote: He's french so he's a little hard

You sure you can handle this on your own Heids Wm Lol3

Cheers Ruffy
Hey Simmo, there might be BRIDESMAIDS!! They'll be straight, but if you play your cards right you might be able to talk them into a pillow fight.

And don't you worry about me Ruffy, I can handle anything thrown at me.

(so please PLEASE throw me a French chef!)
(12-11-2009, 08:34pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Hey Simmo, there might be BRIDESMAIDS!! They'll be straight, but if you play your cards right you might be able to talk them into a pillow fight.
And don't you worry about me Ruffy, I can handle anything thrown at me.
How do you know the Bridesmaids are straight Boobies4, pillow fight sounds like the go Knuppel2
Hijacked
How may are going it only looks like 20 ish ???

(so please PLEASE throw me a French chef!)
No idea! We have over 60 saying they are coming, and we'll get rock ups. It's a big caravan park, we'll fit them in.
RIDE PLANNING

This is one loop option. It was prepared using google maps. I looked at the roads using the streetview facility available within google maps to acertain the quality of the roads as far as I could.

View Larger Map

The following is a route suggested by Busanova (Gerry). I did not look at going through Wyndham to Candelo as I could not streetview the road. Streetview is available for some dirt roads in the area. I figured if they hadn't streetviewed it, it might not be much of a road. Busanova has local knowledge of this road and says it's a good road.

View Larger Map

Two options which can be looked at. Google maps shows the first as 308 klms and 4hrs 29 mins (???), the 2nd is 307 klms and 4hrs 29mins as well. The first has more highway than the second. I dare say the majority of riders would want to avoid the highway where possible.

If the 2nd option is different to what Gerry (Busanova) is thinking about, can you (Busanova) post up a google map.

Cheers.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
(16-11-2009, 07:46am)Busdriver Wrote: RIDE PLANNING

This is one loop option. It was prepared using google maps. I looked at the roads using the streetview facility available within google maps to acertain the quality of the roads as far as I could.

View Larger Map

The following is a route suggested by Busanova (Gerry). I did not look at going through Wyndham to Candelo as I could not streetview the road. Streetview is available for some dirt roads in the area. I figured if they hadn't streetviewed it, it might not be much of a road. Busanova has local knowledge of this road and says it's a good road.

View Larger Map

Two options which can be looked at. Google maps shows the first as 308 klms and 4hrs 29 mins (???), the 2nd is 307 klms and 4hrs 29mins as well. The first has more highway than the second. I dare say the majority of riders would want to avoid the highway where possible.

If the 2nd option is different to what Gerry (Busanova) is thinking about, can you (Busanova) post up a google map.

Cheers.

Thanks Les, they both look excellent.

Gerry what do you think?

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
booked in , see ya's down there Pi_thumbsup
Hi everyone just wondering if it is OK to bring a couple of other riders they are suzuki riders working there way up to a busa.Can we all stay at the caravan park or is it only for club memebers
Luv Coach
Wm Coach
OF COURSE they can come! They are on Suzukis, so they are ok! Of course we might make them sit at another table and throw bread rolls at them, but they are more than welcome.
(16-11-2009, 07:06pm)Coach Wrote: Hi everyone just wondering if it is OK to bring a couple of other riders they are suzuki riders working there way up to a busa.Can we all stay at the caravan park or is it only for club memebers
Luv Coach

Have you converted Mr Honda James? Biker

Cheers John
(16-11-2009, 08:50am)Madmax Wrote:
(16-11-2009, 07:46am)Busdriver Wrote: RIDE PLANNING

View Larger Map

View Larger Map

Cheers.

Thanks Les, they both look excellent.

Gerry what do you think?

Max
Max, both routes are all tar so really it's a preference by the organisers.
For me, I'd probably reverse the direction based on previous rides.
My choice would be:
Tathra via Sapphire Coast Drive to Merimbula to Pambula then to Wyndham up mt darrah to Bombala back to the Monaro hwy down Brown Mountain and turn left on the princes hwy to Cobargo then to Bermagui then the coast road to Tathra. Reasons for this - Mt Darrah is a lot more fun going up then down while Brown Mt is the opposite to me.
Riders could have choice going through Candelo up Myrtle mt to Wyndham. This is shorter and could be a meeting spot for the riders on the longer ride. Takes about 40 minutes this way and about 45 via pambula bike time. On the way Bemboka pie shop would be a good snack rest stop either way. And Bermagui pub would be a good spot to wait for stragglers before coming back as a body to Tathra.
Ther you probably confused u even more.
Gerry