HID HEADLIGHT
(06-08-2009, 01:24am)NEMESIS Wrote: Cool, im just dissapointed how the store wanted to steer me in the other
direction an advise not to get one.
Busa headlight is shit, why the F should i put up with it ya know?
An its not like you can say oh maybe this or that,i bought the damn bike
brand new!!!!
I ride alot at night so i would prefer the better vision.

Il keep yous posted on how i go.
Thanks to all.
go 4 the HIDS NEMESIS,I hate the standerd low beams,thay are crap,i have problems riding at night at the best of times,i have baned myslef from riding at night until i get my HIDS .i find the hi beams are good so i will just get low beams on HID.and a lot riders that talked about HIDS have said that in the day cars can see HID lights better,
which i recon thats a big plus:Pi_thumbsupBiker
cheers john
born to be mild
(06-08-2009, 07:05am)Gnarbunkle99 Wrote: I do believe that in NSW at least it is illegal to upgrade to HID with vehicles not fitted with hid as standard. Personally never had any hassles, IMO it's safer to see and be seen.

Legality is that a car MUST have auto levelling on HID's to prevent hitting a bump and blinding oncoming traffic.

I have previously had HID's in my rather modified car, I was pinged on it only once, and never ended up getting a fine. Also, when importing cars like a jzx100 etc, the non levelling hid's have to be removed in favour of normal halogen headlamps.

OP. Someone is telling you porkys. HID's generate a lot less heat that a standard globe, i couldnâ€t forsee why or how it could discolour the lens any more than a standard globe.

Ill be buying a set of hid's for mine in the next coming weeks as im rather disappointed with the busa's standard headlight, and i venture out at night alot for shenanigans.