Testing the Limits of Yourself & Your Bike Survey
Pencil 
Hi,

My name is Catherine and I'm currently looking for people to participate in my research project. This project is part of my Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Psychology degree at Deakin University.

The project follows up a study conducted in 2008, which found that people high in psychological need for control (people who like a lot of control over their lives - if you like, ‘control freaksâ€!) were generally safer riders. However, we unexpectedly also found that these riders reported more performance of stunts (wheelies and wheel spins).

This study therefore aims to further explore the relationship between safety and stunting. Are those high in need for control seeking to test the limits of themselves and their bikes? Can stunting help you become a safer rider?

We are therefore looking for licenced on-road motorcycle riders, who have ridden within the last 24 months, to complete the confidential questionnaire that makes up this project.

If you're interested in participating, or just want to find out more, then please follow the link below

http://www.deakin.edu.au/psychology/rese...clingstudy
Waste of time on this forum, Hayabusas have no limits.
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"
(12-08-2009, 05:29am)m8ee Wrote: Waste of time on this forum, Hayabusas have no limits.

Lol3 There's always one...

The results from the last survey done by this group at Deakin was interesting, I'm doing it to contribute, as I want to see what the outcome of this one is.
You got gun riders here, not stunt riders.......
(12-08-2009, 09:02am)BigBird Wrote: You got gun riders here, not stunt riders.......

More guns and better riders!
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
All the questions in the world won't tell you the
answers that 10 minutes on a 160+hp bike will.
(12-08-2009, 01:05am)Catherine010 Wrote: Hi,

My name is Catherine and I'm currently looking for people to participate in my research project. This project is part of my Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Psychology degree at Deakin University.

The project follows up a study conducted in 2008, which found that people high in psychological need for control (people who like a lot of control over their lives - if you like, ‘control freaksâ€!) were generally safer riders. However, we unexpectedly also found that these riders reported more performance of stunts (wheelies and wheel spins).

This study therefore aims to further explore the relationship between safety and stunting. Are those high in need for control seeking to test the limits of themselves and their bikes? Can stunting help you become a safer rider?

We are therefore looking for licenced on-road motorcycle riders, who have ridden within the last 24 months, to complete the confidential questionnaire that makes up this project.

If you're interested in participating, or just want to find out more, then please follow the link below

http://www.deakin.edu.au/psychology/rese...clingstudy

Great survey, very thought invoking. Give it a crack
I did it, glad to help another getting their degree.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
No offense whatsoever to the person conducting this, but many people here at this forum may want to think very deeply before completing this "survey".....things like this can be (and often are) picked up by specific types of "organisations" that may use this type of info to make particular changes to current laws that may eventually impinge on your recreational lifestyle and the way you choose to enjoy it....
(12-08-2009, 08:55pm)bazman Wrote: No offense whatsoever to the person conducting this, but many people here at this forum may want to think very deeply before completing this "survey".....things like this can be (and often are) picked up by specific types of "organisations" that may use this type of info to make particular changes to current laws that may eventually impinge on your recreational lifestyle and the way you choose to enjoy it....

...possibly, or the results could contribute to our understanding of riding behaviours and assist in implementing training to reduce the probability of having serious accidents... and hence direct policy-makers to introduce (mandatory?) training courses for bike riders.

Pi_thumbsup
(12-08-2009, 10:17am)Tony Nitrous Wrote: All the questions in the world won't tell you the
answers that 10 minutes on a 160+hp bike will.

I 2nd that!Pi_thumbsup
(12-08-2009, 10:06am)Madmax Wrote:
(12-08-2009, 09:02am)BigBird Wrote: You got gun riders here, not stunt riders.......

More guns and better riders!

+1
I took the test. What's 5 minutes to help someone out? For those of you who worry the results will be used against riders... wouldn't you rather have your say? I mean... based on your thinking, it's going to be used anyway... so you might as well be heard.
(15-08-2009, 10:40pm)Astro Wrote: I took the test. What's 5 minutes to help someone out? For those of you who worry the results will be used against riders... wouldn't you rather have your say? I mean... based on your thinking, it's going to be used anyway... so you might as well be heard.

Pi_thumbsup +1
If it's too loud....You're too old!
If it's too fast....You're too old!
If it's too sexy....You're ???
So, who likes to stand at the edge of a high place and look down???
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!