same shit different day
well finally sold the misus bike, well thought i had.!!

when we brought the bike originally we mentioned we would have to get a revs check done on it,the owner said she had got one done when she listed it for sale and showed us, fine..no no no no

she had it listed for sale on a monday we inspected and paid deposit on a wednesday and told her we would pick it up on the weekend,no problems then she rings and said she will get boyfriend to bring it down for us on friday after he finishes work... wow even better..saved me a 4 hour round journey...thinking to myself lovely young couple.

back to the present...just about to settle and bike shop tells me its encombered and finance company is looking for bike

so now i am without bike and cash...

turns out she took a loan out against the bike the next day after i paid deposit....sneaky #*#..

so now i am off this morning to lawarton(nth bris) to track down ma baker or bonnie of bonnie and clyde which ever 1 fits

i might need the bike for baiil money yet

I know its a crime she has committed but what are he chances of not getting screwed over here

my plan is to say to her my money back or pay your loan out by monday or police involved .
to be continued
(05-09-2009, 07:35am)surfabusa Wrote: well finally sold the misus bike, well thought i had.!!

when we brought the bike originally we mentioned we would have to get a revs check done on it,the owner said she had got one done when she listed it for sale and showed us, fine..no no no no

she had it listed for sale on a monday we inspected and paid deposit on a wednesday and told her we would pick it up on the weekend,no problems then she rings and said she will get boyfriend to bring it down for us on friday after he finishes work... wow even better..saved me a 4 hour round journey...thinking to myself lovely young couple.

back to the present...just about to settle and bike shop tells me its encombered and finance company is looking for bike

turns out she took a loan out against the bike the next day after i paid deposit....sneaky #*#..

so now i am off this morning to lawarton(nth bris) to track down ma baker or bonnie of bonnie and clyde which ever 1 fits

I know its a crime she has committed but what are he chances of not getting screwed over here

my plan is to say to her my money back or pay your loan out by monday or police involved .
to be continued

A few words come to mind......I will hold back for now and wait for the update.......Pi_thumbsdown
Cheers Taub
[Image: Banner_blueandwhite2.jpg]
(05-09-2009, 07:35am)surfabusa Wrote: well finally sold the misus bike, well thought i had.!!

to be continued
It's amazing what you can do with a portable drill & sawnoff shoty!
Don't forget the buckknife.
Sorry to hear about your problem.

A word of advice, Don't give her the ultimatum.....get the police involved immediately. You may have a better chance of recovering your money. If she has done this toyou already, what is to stop her moving by Monday.

If all else fails, there can always be another 10th Anniversary ride Knuppel2
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
How are we supposed to trust anybody in this day and age??

Hope you get settlement mate. That really does suck.

The previous owner is obviously guilty of fraud and so long as you have all the paperwork from when you bought the bike, you should be at least able to nab her - via the police.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
HOLY CRAP! I've never heard of that, it is a handy lesson for all of us. Bugger going around, send the cops in. Why muck about. You might want to mention you think they have 5k of speed in there too.

GOOD LUCK!
If you were in vic i could try to help you out.

Let us know how you go.
What a bunch of sonsofbitches.

Get the cops involved.
But i
Hope you find them before they do.
Its more fun that way!
unfortunatly this is what happens when sociaty slips backwards we have situations like this and people are dishonest is disgusting it shits me to no end to see nice people screwed over its about time we got ride of thses oxeygen theifs

i like the laws of the muslims in some ways you steal you lose a hand you lie you lose your tounge
I agree, get police involved first.

I would say it was obvious she intended to get loan via that way. So she had thought about the whole thing. She could get done for a few hits there.

I hope it only gets better for you guys.
Go hard, or Go home!
as us stupid Samoans do -hiding first! questions and court later

... then gimme my money(one more punch for wasting my time! Lol3 )

some jail time later...

another hiding, back to court(one more punch for the jail time!) Lol2

nah... get the cops involved!
GenII Hunter Knuppel2
We used to have an excellent system of dealing with thieving bstrds in the British Army. When the culprit was found, take them to the tank park and snap a few fingers with a track pin. Didnt get your money back but immensely satisfying all the same, and because they were thieving bstrds no one really wanted to know when they whinged.

Want a track to take with on Monday ???? A shockie insert or tyre lever would be just as effective
Get the police involved ASAP!! before you talk to her. this way theres a trail firstly and also they will tell you exactly what position ou are in. once police are involved you can track the sheila if she decides to up and dissapear shes then become a wanted criminal. this will give you much more chance of getting your money back in the event that you have to go to small claims or something to get it back. dont see her first go to the coppers with all the details you have of her
Regards

Dan
Bit late for you now, but REVS always recommends that you do the check on the day you pay for / collect the vehicle....

Sorry for your troubles........

Don't hold you breath hoping to get the money back through the court systems though...... $hits like that always weazel out of it.............
Well time for an update

Got to the house no one home, house very over grown, first thought was maybe they donâ€t live here anymore.. Started to pen a letter when boyfriend pulls up in car...

Fill him in on the situation and he appears shocked as if he was unaware, show him encumbrance letter and to prove my point along with finance company reference number etc..

He rings her and she says there must be office mistake. Basically I said either refund purchase price or pay debt out before Monday 5.00pm

Not much more I can do within the law or me letting my temper lose, so I head back to work

Surprisingly I have received 2 more phone calls from bf saying how sorry she is etc and she will have it fixed by Monday.
her story
turned out she took a loan out called a bond loan and finance company was meant to take security over a car she was about to buy once she had sold the bike but in the mean time she had no choice but use the bike for what was meant to be only a week at best, she rang finance company and gave them car details to replace bike but it was never changed

Still what she did was illegal, I hope all will be ok

I believe people are generally good if you give them a chance to fix a wrong. I would like to think there is only a small minority who set out to do wrong from the outset.. I know a lot here will call me soft or a sucker but I am trusting her to make right... end of the day I have her address, phone number, his and hers place of work,
This maybe lot quicker way of resolving problem then getting the law involved and lengthy court proceedings

I took law in my own hands once before when a guy in a pub put his hand up a female friends of mine dress after a few earlier attempts of chatting her up and being knocked back... cut a long story short I am the one who now has a criminal record for assault and bodily harm for taking the law in my own hands, as much as it felt right thing to do in the heat of the moment it has and did cost me in the long run, yes I felt like most comments here but I hope this will be resolved in my favor

Thanks to all the phone calls and comments of support, this is a great board and a great group of people

I guess the lesson here is do the revs check on the day you take bike home not just deposit
ps
there is still couple of things that donâ€t add up in her story, obviously she is behind in payments for the finance company to say they have been looking for bike ..
Hmmm guess I will see what happens Monday
thanks for update what happened to calling me back?? just jokes know your busy hope it sorts itself out!