Dave from Farriders down
Sad news about Dave. Was following his big adventure, loading the GTR in the container to the states etc. Talked with the missus about doing the same thing in a few years. USA is a great place to ride. Their roads are like billard tables compared to our goat tracks.

RIP
Condolences to all his family and friends .............. never personally knew Dave but a fellow riders parting is always very sad to hear. Pete
RIP mate condolences to his family and friends.
Condolences to his family and friends.
RIP
omG... I'd not realised what this thread was about until too late.

Absolute tragedy. I've been following Davo's exploits for some time now. What a disaster. Hard to believe. Stunned.

This is a man who recently rode 2200km down to SA to attend a charity event for a young kid dying of cancer. Got there... did the gig... got back on his bike and went back home.

That's the kind of man he was. Reading about his regular runs across to Perth was what inspired me to start planning my ride across to WA next year.

My condolences to his loved ones. R.I.P. Davo

Please be careful out there people.
I was following Davo's progress and watched it all unfold, I am gutted. Davo was a mate, a fellow LDR. We rode a lot of miles together, we first hooked up together on the Inaugral Long Ride to Darwin for the RFD. We often discussed way's of beating fatigue, various tricks of the trade that u pick up after u have spent a lifetime of long distance riding. Davo convinced me to join his FarRiders group, I managed to officially be the first to qualify a 'Busa into FarRiders and Bundy became the first dog to qualify into FarRiders and the American Iron Butt Association, something I probaly would not have bothered with if it wasn't for Davo's persistence!. Davo told me, "Tex u do the K's, make 'em count". Davo, I will keep on doing my LDR all the better for knowing u will be watching over me. Mate, RIP.

Tex & Bundy FarRiders 86 & 87.
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!

So sorry. RIP Dave. You'll be on the highway with us all.
Davo's farewell details.Posted by CVL on UC forum .
Arrangements have been made for Davo's funeral to be held at the Outreach Centre on Saturday 19th September at 11 am. The venue is located at the roundabout of Eumundi Road & Beckmans Road at Noosaville, Queensland.

After the ceremony is over, everyone will be asked to form a final guard of honour and ride along as we follow Davo on his final journey which will be around a 5 minute ride from the original venue. From the funeral home, we would like the celebration of Davo's life to continue at the Victory Hotel in Cooroy (38 Maple St, Cooroy) which is next to Davo's office.

For those of you that visit other forums where Davo was known and/or are associated with different clubs or groups to do with bikes, as a mark of respect, could you please copy the above text and tell all far and wide about this. Although it was tragically cut short, his family can think of no better way to honour Davo, than to get as many bikes and people there as possible to reminisce on the extraordinary life he had while he was here.
Very sad news RIP. Let the rest of ride safe.