Best tyre wear
G'day I'm riding from Perth to Phillip island (MotoGP WOO HOO)I'm looking at doing at least 7000 7500km and was wondering whats the best tyres to use for a trip like that? I run bt 015 at the moment and only get about 4500 to 5000 out of them some advice in this would be much appreciated.
(10-09-2009, 01:10pm)hayabuasvich Wrote: G'day I'm riding from Perth to Phillip island (MotoGP WOO HOO)I'm looking at doing at least 7000 7500km and was wondering whats the best tyres to use for a trip like that? I run bt 015 at the moment and only get about 4500 to 5000 out of them some advice in this would be much appreciated.

Hi Tony I would have to say try the Pilot Road one of the guys coming down from Kal in Dec has one on the rear and is very happy with it.

Have a look through the section as there some good info in here about No of K's some people are getting and what the tyre is like.
G'day Tony, how have you been?

Pilot road 2 - I think Heidi did the round australia trip with these and they held up very well. I have read of others getting >10K on them.

Cheers
Troy
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Pilot road 2,but no idea for the new pirelli new sport touring tyres though.Both are new technology
On my Gen I, a rear Road 2 lasted 14,000 km and would have been good for another 2,000 if not because of a screw. It had been through a few track days. I managed around 8,000 out of a PP 2 front, with the same track days included.
Thanks guys Pilot road 2 it is
I love them. I did a full lap with some pretty high speeds, high temps and then LOW temps down the bottom and still had tread when I got back. Bruce just took a set out on Eastern Creek yesterday. Ok, they weren't the BEST choice for a track day, but it gives an idea of what the tyres can do, long kms and handle some sensible twisty stuff.

I think they are a great tyre for what you are about to do.

P.S. HAVE FUN!! I LOVE THAT ROAD!