Embarrassing Off in Fiji
Hi all, Jen & I returned from Fiji Thursday last week then I had to drive to Noosaville for Davo's funeral, only now have I had the opportunity to mention about our somewhat painful Fijian holiday!.
On our 2nd day in Fiji we decided on hiring a Scooter, not any Scooter, but a new "High Performance" Honda Lead 100cc Automatic!.
We decided on doing a "FarRide" to Suva (we were staying at Sigatoka, on the Coral Coast) about a 300klm return trip. Flat out, 2up, on a straight the speedo was showing just over 70kph, on a very steep downhill run we saw just over 80kph, a major "high speed" tankslapper and I thought the engine was going to throw a leg out of bed! going uphill saw us record a speed of 30kph, this "bike" had serious power!Lol2. We made it to Suva (a shit hole) ok and were on our return trip when about 70klms from Sigatoka I moved over as far as possible to the left of the road to allow a truck (which had been right on my arse!) to overtake us, it gave us plenty of clearance, not! about 20mm. On our left was a culvert about 8' deep and full of rocks. I had the throttle hard on the stops when I spotted a huge pothole in front of us, no choice but to go through/over it, I yelled to Jen to hang on, but we were already flying through the air, fortuneatly we were thrown to the left and we landed in the culvert, the truck kept going (no surprise) As I was flying, I was thinking; Faarkin' 10" wheels & potholes don't mix!!. End result: severe lacerations to us both, a small bone in the back of my hand broken and Jen a fractured ankle, when we got up and realised we were still breathing, we looked at each other and pissed ourselves laughing!! as u do!!. We dragged the Scooter out of the culvert, it suffered cosmetic damage and was flooded. As a sorry looking pair we rode it back to our resort. Fortuneatly the bar stocked plenty of "pain killers" Rum & Coke!!!.
The hospital care and the run in with the Indian Scooter owners is another story!!.

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy (& Jen) BikerPi_thumbsdown
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!

hey tex glad you an jen had a good trip sorry to here about the acco guys.hope the bones heal up well guys

all the best big kev
Sorry to hear about your off, but glad to hear that you and Jen are reasonably ok. A few cuts, bruises and breaks, but a trip you will never forget.

Next time you go to Fiji maybe, for safety sake, you should transport the Hayabusa over Undecided
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
(25-09-2009, 02:47pm)motoplast Wrote: Tex & Bundy (& Jen) BikerPi_thumbsdown

Glad you're both okay, btw - you're an animal fella!Coolsmiley

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Scary Sorry to hear of your off, but i hope the two of you still enjoyed yourselves none the less.

Just be careful next time you decide to go two up on such a high powered endurance machine and keep ya fingers off the NOS button Lol2
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
Glad you're both ok... well... relatively.
reading this out aloud to hubs we both nodded with the amazing road rules in fiji.there is none.
we stayed at the shangrila near sigitoka.roads crap and rules?what friggen rules?

love the fijians but the idian fijians another story.bloody pushy buggers and rude.

your lucky you didnt get hit by a small truck carrying 30 ppl.

when we were there 3 years ago the construction workers just got a pay rise..... to $2 an hour!!!! and the security guards around the resort were getting paid 50 cents an hour.

part of the group we went over with took books and toys for the lil ones..
Thats GOld Pi_thumbsup Pi_thumbsup speedy recovery Tex & Jen & keep away from those small bikes they bite hard Idiot2