Gen II brake OEM pads
I need to replace the rear pads soon and got a price for front and rear as I reckon the fronts may be in a similar condition as the rear.

I rang two Suckzuki dealers for a price on OEM pads, I had problems with rotor wear on a Bandit that I fitted EBC pads on so want original parts.

The best price was $105:00 for each side up front and $65 for the rear. The rear for $65 isnt too bad but a hundred plus for each set at the front!...or am I being too tight??

What have others used problem free?

Thanks for any input...even if its to say you're a tight arse! lol!!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
there is apparently an after market set of pads to suit the EOM rotors of the busa that are better.. . Dealer told me about them and that I will "have" to try them next time

sorry no specific info as yet but will find out
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
G'day
I'm no help to you at all really; but you did say "any input"...I've used EBC pads on both my buses no problems....
Regards
Kevin
Ok Tony will wait to see what you can find out.

Kevin what were the EBC pads you used?...I got the organic ones and they wore my rotors down like they were sandpaper.
okay.. heres the news as I got it form the Dealers Mechanic.....

They now only use DP brake pads for Suzuki as the pad compound is designed for the rotor compounds...

for the busa they specifically use

SDP SPORT HH+ pads $60-80 per set depending on model of bike

apparently these pads will dramatically improve your braking...
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I would use HH sintered pads, either ECB or Goodridge. I am using Goodridge, has more bight then the original pads. Bought them from the local Australia distributor in Cooroy Sunshine Coast Qld which is only 15 min from were I liveVery Happy. Also bought the braided lines from them for my Gen 2. They have hundreds of different fittings(Zinc, chrome,SS etc). They can make to any length. Gooridge lines are all aircraft grade the best you can buy. The Goodridge pads are made in England. Might be a bit more expansive then other brands but this is a case you get what you pay forTrophy.
(27-02-2014, 02:13pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: I need to replace the rear pads soon and got a price for front and rear as I reckon the fronts may be in a similar condition as the rear.

I rang two Suckzuki dealers for a price on OEM pads, I had problems with rotor wear on a Bandit that I fitted EBC pads on so want original parts.

The best price was $105:00 for each side up front and $65 for the rear. The rear for $65 isnt too bad but a hundred plus for each set at the front!...or am I being too tight??

What have others used problem free?

Thanks for any input...even if its to say you're a tight arse! lol!!
Lost count of how many sets of EBChhs I have gone through on the Gen 2, blackbird and gsxr 1000. Secret with the hhs is to treat them nasty from the outset. Following any usual bedding in process ends up with the pads lacking bite. Remember to run the anti conductor plates. Have a blast, Paul.
I have also used EBC HH on many bike and rotor combos with no dramas. Have recently been running SBS HS but am just about to replace with DP SDP HH+.
Heard lots of good things about them so looking forward to seeing how they go.

Here is their interesting little blurb about themselves.
http://www.dp-brakes.com/Pages/About_Us.html
(27-02-2014, 02:53pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: Ok Tony will wait to see what you can find out.

Kevin what were the EBC pads you used?...I got the organic ones and they wore my rotors down like they were sandpaper.

G'day
As usual, late to the party....I'll have to have a look this arvo and let you know...
Regards
Kevin
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Sounds more like it Shifu will definately check them out.
hi just wondering if any one has tried the SDP SPORTS HH+ pads and how did they go, with disc wear and grip etc, I'm in looking to get new pads for my 2012 and was wondering where this thread went. whats the best pads for the front cheers.