ECU REFLASH Locations
Hi peeps , does anyone in tassie do this , ECU Reflash . Thanks in advance
(03-11-2014, 06:43pm)Alky Wrote: Hi peeps , does anyone in tassie do this , ECU Reflash . Thanks in advance

You can mail your ECU to Camel. He has a bench harness I think.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Yes, its straightforward.
It's probably been covered hundreds of times on the forum, but what are all of the benefits of having the ECU flashed, specifically for a Gen 2, 2010 model. (Only mods are Yoshi Slip ons).
Also, what does it cost to have it done, and are there any detrimental effects?
Detrimental effects? Hmmm, it will go faster, quicker and run smoother, but no detrimental effects. Perhaps others could chip in with their experiences?
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
Would it be possible to send off the ecu to be flashed first, then later dyno tune the bike without losing the changes from the ecu tune when you flash the new A/F map?
Yes, no problem, as long as whoever runs the dyno understands the ECU flashing software. All too often they want to use a powercommander, which isn't a bad thing, just a sad thing, particularly if they also resort to fitting a TRE.

I've also been finding previously flashed ECUs with poorly or incompletely modded maps. Some people can't get their heads around the difference between unifying maps and maintaining offset. As a result I've found ECUs where the map mods were only applied to one cylinder and the other three were left stock!

Camel
PM sent
That's what I did, but I was told afterwards by a guy called Matt Dare on FB that it could be done in SA.
You could look him up and ask him, or just ring around a couple of dealers...
Or you could buy an interface and pigtails from a vendor like Woolich and DIY. His install videos are easy to follow. But if you just to rid yourself of those pesky restrictions its cheaper just to send it out. Just be aware that some vendors password protect their maps.