TPS voltage at WOT
Hi all,
I am curious about something, and hopefully we can sort it out!
I understand how to set the TPS, and it is my understanding that the computer runs the bike off the the TPS only at higher engine loads (50% and up).
Wouldnt it be far better to set the sensor to the correct position based on WOT, rather than at idle. This would have to be more accurate as the idle speed wouldn't have an influence.
So out of curiousity, what should the TPS voltage be at WOT? Has anyone ever checked? I haven't, yet.......
Ben
Very Happy
Sorry, for lack of info.
It's a gen 1, and I was using dash symbols.
Dind't notice in the factory manual the further info on the TPS. It states that at idle "approx 1.1" volts, and at WOT "aprox 4.4" volts.
I find it interesting they are aproximate values.
When you say you find the voltmeter is more accurate, what type of variations are you getting between the meter and the dash symbols?
Pi_thumbsup
As Pete said, the idle setting is so the ecu knows the throttle is shut. Its intertesting to adjust tsp voltages and see how much of a problem/differance they can make. The "aprox" is because there is small differances in the "5volt" that the ecu supply's to the sensors plus resistance in the terminals & all sensors will have very slight change in resistance readings.

It should always be set with a good multimeter with quality leads.
TPS should be set after the idle speed & balance is done if the throttle bodys have been played with. Leigh
Getting ready to make some noise.