FACEBOOK OR NOT?!
(04-10-2009, 03:51pm)daaef Wrote:
(04-10-2009, 10:28am)DjPete Wrote: facebook, msn, twitter
hate em all.
I cant believe half the world are using twitter.
For twits with too much time.
they are chain letter marketing cons for big brother if you ask me.
i have never seen so many ads and cons to get email addresses from everyone.
And then people complain because they get spam etc.

Yes I use a chat program but it is one that contains no ads and uses all protocols.
Miranda IM.

There..I said it.

+1.
I used to be into it but discovered it's all just a big waste of time.

+2
concept is good, but number of dickheads you thought were normal, but obviously with too much time on their hands and nothing of value to say makes it total rubbish!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
its not for every guys
Sorry if I came across rude but that is how I feel and until someone shows me some real worth in these then I will stick to it.
There must be some merrit in things like Twitter for people like Oprah to be talking about it on her show...bumped into it a week or so back. I would think she was just pumping Twitter up to get hits on her twitter page which I suppose would give her more exposure...as if she needs more...anyway I still don't get it.
at not time do i think your being rude pete not at all mate

i have made some great internation freinds over the yrs and some great interstate freinds as well and for me personaly (not every 1 eles) its made it easy for me to keep intouch with them and see how there going as international calls are expensive so FB has been so good to me with that,and as i said b4 pete i have my business FB site as well and i have had alot of people pass my name on to there freinds that ride bikes and they have asked me to do work for them on there bike this is why i use FB its a business tool and a good way for me to talk to freinds from over seas

as i said its not for every body

plus i have some really great freind on FB that are AHC members and that in its self is a bonus
I thought Face Book was a waste of time - now I just tell the add ons to piss off and don't use them, but DO use it to yak with mates and stay in touch with others. My sister who live in Brisvegas and I catch up on FB regularly, my Dad (78yrs) has just joined so we also yak where we did not before. For your occassional social butterfly it is exceptional.

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
I joined the group, yesterday.

I also hate all the add on's and bullshit.

Still I have found a number of school friends whom I have not seen in over 20 years. Amazing how different we all look and also what we have gone on to do with families and work.

Also nice to see what other family members are doing without have to be stuck on the phone and listening to all the family rubbish.

Cheers
Mark
NOTPi_freak
Thanks for ALL your responses people! Irrespective of weather or not you use/like FB. There are some aspects (such as the adds etc) that give me the shits as well. But like all technology, if it does what you want it to do, without too much piss-off-value, all the better. I certainly didn't set out to convert the forum to FB, for the LOVE OF BUSA~he he. Like many others, I have found using the software a positive experience, advertisements notwithstanding. Met some great people, caught up with long lost buddies and the list goes on.For those who were gracious enough to join my little group of fellow enthusiasts, thank YOU! Especially love some of those photos! And for those that cant/wont be apart of the FB thing, I look forward to catching up here. Hmmm...I'm thinkin my next post subject line could be...."TWITTER oR NoT" Lol2[/size][/font]
Twit this TwatterPi_tongue
[attachment=7642]
[attachment=7643]

Jesus Christ on his way to workWtf
[attachment=7644]Pi_thumbsup
I like FB. As others have said, just get rid of all the add-on crap. I use it to keep in touch with Friends.
I have frinds all over Australia + China, UK, US, PNG & Dubai. Very useful tool. for that.

Not into Twitter or any or any of the others.........
(05-10-2009, 09:36am)Louwai Wrote: I like FB. As others have said, just get rid of all the add-on crap. I use it to keep in touch with Friends.
I have frinds all over Australia + China, UK, US, PNG & Dubai. Very useful tool. for that.

Yeah agreed Louwai, I actually dont use twitter, can't really see the sense in it. Mentioned it tongue-in-cheek. lol cheers
(05-10-2009, 09:28am)GRUNTMAX Wrote: Twit this TwatterPi_tongue

Jesus Christ on his way to workWtf
Pi_thumbsup

Sorry Max, dont get it, But could be my monitor, and I hope you were'nt calling me names Pi_tongue
(05-10-2009, 09:58am)richardo Wrote: Yeah agreed Louwai, I actually dont use twitter, can't really see the sense in it. Mentioned it tongue-in-cheek. lol cheers

Only drama at ATM is that the Chinese Gov have blocked FB. So I can't use it to contact anyone over there.

A little while ago there were some "issues with rebels" in China & they were using FB to pass their messages to each other as well as trying to recruit more members. So the Chinese Gov blocked it.
It may be allowed back in some time in the future............

They did the same thing to Google a few yrs back when I lived there. Some Gov official took a dislike to it & so they blocked it.
I didnt read the post, but you can look me up on facebook by querying bill gaheer....:)
(05-10-2009, 09:36am)Louwai Wrote: I like FB. As others have said, just get rid of all the add-on crap. I use it to keep in touch with Friends.

Pi_thumbsup ditto
never fly higher than your angel.
i'm on there!