If the frame has a scratch, does it HAVE to be written off?
Yeh bob martin was the man when it came to frame repairs etc.

Hmm,might have to take those oggys off...
Hmmm, I'm intrigued. Any hints? Links? I've had a gutfull of dealing with the auctioneers. I'm starting to think that any change would be a good thing.

Camel
[/quote]

It is proposed to not allow any repairable writeoff to be repaired and registered or (Option 2) only those under 5 years. The purpose is to stop rebirthing (If you go to the RTA website and enter Repairable Wirte off in the serch engine you will come across the discussion paper).

Steventh
I first got into the wrecking game in 1982 in nsw & back then it was talked about cutting the ID plates before auction, nothing has changed in 27 years. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting either. For it to work it has to be nationaly done, hell, they still cant get a rev's register as a national data base with full access. The only way will be if the national road safety / rego mob in canberra do it. Leigh

(06-10-2009, 02:56pm)steventh Wrote: Hmmm, I'm intrigued. Any hints? Links? I've had a gutfull of dealing with the auctioneers. I'm starting to think that any change would be a good thing.

Camel

It is proposed to not allow any repairable writeoff to be repaired and registered or (Option 2) only those under 5 years. The purpose is to stop rebirthing (If you go to the RTA website and enter Repairable Wirte off in the serch engine you will come across the discussion paper).

Steventh
[/quote]

(22-09-2009, 08:49am)simmo Wrote: http://www.petespitstop.com.au/ Clap
Getting ready to make some noise.

It would be a pity if they enforced this on bikes. Its hard to hide a butcher job behind panels on a bike unlike cars where some garbage fixes are done.

Also panel for panel it seems much more expensive to repair a bike meaning bikes can be made reparirable write-offs (ie unceconomical to repair by a pro shop with new parts) with relatviely little damage.

Cheers
(06-10-2009, 02:13pm)Camel Wrote:
(05-10-2009, 04:37pm)motoplast Wrote: By the way, all of the above will be changing in NSW inside the next 12months.Wtf

Hmmm, I'm intrigued. Any hints? Links? I've had a gutfull of dealing with the auctioneers. I'm starting to think that any change would be a good thing.

Camel

Around 35 pages of an RTA discussion paper states that Blue slip stations (AUVIS) will be passing/failing vehicles on the WOVR (written off vehicle register) as the RTA cannot cope with the numbers of W.O.V's. Penrith V.I.U. (vehicle inspection unit)is behind about 1600 odd vehicles and that number is growing every day. RTA Inspectors, regardless of overtime, cannot cope or catch up, the inspection book in time is around 6 weeks! Hence pass the buck to AUVIS. That has it's good points and has it's bad pointsPi_freak for the AUVIS station. Anyway, early day's yet, but it is coming, AUVIS will also be going electronic, similar to AIS (authorised inspection stations...Pink slips). As more info' comes to hand, and the RTA send me factual bulletins, I shall post up.Pi_thumbsup

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!

Quote:RTA discussion paper states that Blue slip stations (AUVIS) will be passing/failing vehicles on the WOVR

That will be a positive move + will be a nice little earner for the mechanics if it goes ahead, hopefully that will also bring the price down too, currently $424 from rta. Years ago if your vechicle was referred for wov inspection it was free, and you could generally book in somewhere in sydney to get a inspection within a week.
I doubt whether the insurance companies would support such a proposal, they'd lose heaps as the values would plummet.

Re: Bob Martin, I remember him fondly, he always had time to show me how his (at the time) unique frame straightener could be applied to straighten all manner of twisted frames. He was years ahead of his time with all that spanky billet stuff he churned out - before CNC....

Camel
Mark re Bob >>>>>>>>>> no matter how busy he was he always had time to pass on his knowledge .............. a true gentleman indeed. Motorcycling lost much in his passing. Biker
(07-10-2009, 06:05pm)fasterfaster Wrote: Mark re Bob >>>>>>>>>> no matter how busy he was he always had time to pass on his knowledge .............. a true gentleman indeed. Motorcycling lost much in his passing. Biker

Bob was a true gentleman, I was lucky enough to have a race frame built by him housing a....'Busa engine...of course!!. I beleive this was the last frame that he built. I retired from road racing before I finished this bike, however, we have one major hurdle to jump over before I can start doing the easy bits on this bike. It has sat idle in my shed for a few years now. No, it isn't for sale and yes, I will finish it. It is normally aspirated, it will punch out around 240hp+ it is wrapped up in RSVRFactory bodywork with an alloy GSXR1000 fuel tank and it will be road legal? well registered anyway!!lol.

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!