Sydney M5 & M7 users BEWARE!!!
Riders and drivers on the M5 and M7 beware.

I received an email today (a copy is below) regarding a device that is up and running on the M5 and M7.

IF YOU KNOW ANYBODY IN NSW THEN FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO THEM.
ITS UP AND RUNNING, SO BE WARNED.

New Legislation M5 & M7 Re Speeding Fines

M5 and the M7 are now equipped with Point to Point Speed Devices. On entering the M7 the etag beeps and a camera takes a photo of your car recording the exact time. On exiting the etag system beeps again another camera at that point takes a photo of the car and the time. Then the computer calculates the time it has taken you to travel between the two points and calculates your speed. If you completed the clocked journey too fast you are issued with a speeding ticket.

At the present the speed limit is 100K.P.H. With a tolerance of 102 maximum. Over that and you are issued with a fine automatically. What a shock some drivers are going to have when they use this roadway for a week and get a weeks' tickets BOTH WAYS. Of course your license will also be recalled for 3 months. Now with the new legislation, fighting a Speed Camera fine is almost impossible. You must prove the device is faulty and if you are not a technician working on them, you have no chance of beating the fine.

The Pacific Highway has a set and these are recognized by large steel frames over the lanes with a speed camera and some distance up the road is another large metal frame with a speed camera.

These new point to point systems are being put onto any expressway and highway where vehicles are not able to exit between those points.

NOTE: School zone cameras are not speed tolerant. Anything over, even 41, is a fine.

Corporate & Admin Support
Ministry of Transport

As if the toll that is paid on these roads isn't enough! I hope no-one has been stung by this device already. I know I will be extra careful from now on.
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
I don't use these roads all that often...but still.......BLOODY BASTARDS!!!!Pi_thumbsdown
I have heard this many times... I thort it was untrue?
/
It is a hoax, there are no point to point speed cameras on the M5 or M7.

http://www.westlinkm7.com.au/News-Detail.asp?NewsID=80

http://www.m5motorway.com.au/news/

M5 South West Motorway sets the facts straight on hoax email

The M5 South West Motorway today dismissed a hoax email claiming the motorway has set up secret point-to-point speed cameras.

Rex Wright, General Manager of Interlink Roads, owners and operators of the M5 South West Motorway, confirmed the email, currently circulating in Sydney, is a hoax.

The email falsely claims speed cameras take photos of vehicles entering and exiting the motorway, and based on the time it takes between the two points, issues a fine if the vehicle has travelled too quickly.

“No secret speed camera system operates on the M5 South West Motorway – this is an urban myth,” Mr Wright said.

“There is normal policing of NSW speed limits on the M5 as occurs on the road network generally. We support safe driving and encourage motorists to obey the posted speed limits.”

Westlink Dismisses Hoax Email
19/7/2007

Westlink M7 has dismissed a hoax email currently circulating that claims that the motorway has implemented a secret speed fine based on the time a vehicle enters and exits the motorway.

Rachel Johnson, General Manager of Westlink M7, said that the email was a hoax and that no secret speed enforcement system operates on the Westlink M7.

Westlink supports safe driving and urges all motorists to comply with posted speed limits.

“However, the secret speed fine system detailed in the hoax email does not exist,” Ms Johnson said.

“Speed limits are enforced on the Westlink M7 through the normal policing measures that operate on all NSW roads.”

“Westlink meets regularly with the NSW Highway Patrol.”

Westlink has installed signs that remind motorists that speed cameras are used in NSW.

These are the standard speed camera signs seen on roads across the state and do not mean that any new or secret speed system operates on the Westlink M7.
Got 'em for trucks and busses on the hume though.
I give 'em a big smile every time I go throughPi_tongue
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Communist NSW/Chinese Labor Government propoganda.
Their phishing, and ya took the bait hook line & sinkerLol2
Yes of course, it would have been the government that started that email.
They are thinking of putting point to point speed cameras over her in W.A and then I will have to think about flying in a plane instead of flying on the BUSA.
Enough is enough. I work and drive all over the world. Australia is the land of the traffic pig. Nowhere have I seen so much money and effort put into targeting THE SYMPTOMS and not the cause.

I say let's fight them with their own trickery. Anyone got an E-Tag? Anyone pulled them apart? There must be some way of beating it.
Yep Its is a hoax heard it all before
If they do bring it in I'll go around most of the time & they will loose money, I'm sure lots of others will also.
I try to keep off Sydney roads on my Busa now, too many drunk drivers due to inadequate laws, (Govt wouldn't want to miss out on all that booze tax) and safety fences especially designed by the NSW RTA, colluding with the CTP Green Slip Insurance companies to decapitate motorcyclists. Your funeral expenses are cheaper than insurance payouts !
(10-10-2009, 06:46am)Camel Wrote: Enough is enough. I work and drive all over the world. Australia is the land of the traffic pig. Nowhere have I seen so much money and effort put into targeting THE SYMPTOMS and not the cause.

I say let's fight them with their own trickery. Anyone got an E-Tag? Anyone pulled them apart? There must be some way of beating it.

Just fit a camera flash next to you rear laser jammer that goes off when your etag goes offLol2
Yesterday on the news...
Victoria have just dramatically increased the $$$$ of speeding fines.

I'm Thinking of selling the 'busa!!

One of the above is total bullshit.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
It wasn't yesterday?

Did I win? Did I win???

(10-10-2009, 05:32pm)Ward P Wrote: Yesterday on the news...
Victoria have just dramatically increased the $$$$ of speeding fines.

I'm Thinking of selling the 'busa!!

One of the above is total bullshit.
First the rumour, then the denial then it becomes a fact of life.
Thats what i call a good como Gov.
These email hoax's have been running rampant for years, they need to change the legislation before they can do that.
the truck & bus ones on the hume are safety cams, under heavy vehicle legislation they can get away with it, but the camera's don't trigger for small vehicles (anything under a 6 tonne truck)