Do I need more power ?
I bought my 2000 Busa from Peter Stevens, Adelaide in Dec 2003,with
18000 km on the clock. It had a Yoshi 4 to 1 system fitted& K&N filter.
It had been tuned on a Yoshi box .As i left one of the other sales men
who i knew,but didn't buy the bike from,said,You've bought that one,Thats a fast one (I thought they all were ).I have loved it since day
one ,But have always wondered how much bhp it had.Would anyone offer an educated guess of a busa with those addition's ? I have avoided the pc3 route as I didn't like the idea of an extra Gizzmo under the seat .I started going down the Re flash route by getting the required stator rotor, but have not sourced the ECU as yet.I'm the same age as Kawasuki ,but only have std size testicles, NOT XXXL like him,so I am now thinking,Do I really need any more power & would I
be just as happy to have it running SWEET AS . So Do I really need to
do anything apart from a good Yoshi Box tune? Who want's to buy a
2004 stator rotor As new ? My son pushes it pretty hard in the hill's & It goes hard enough to scare the shit out of him let alone me.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Greeny they say nothing exceeds like excess Scary
The adrenalin rush is the key factor Knuppel2
PM me regards the rotor and stator ........... may have a good use for it ?
Regards tune wise if you have a good A/F set up with the Yosh Box then nothing to be gained by going any other way. My 99 ran perfect for it's life on a Yosh Box tune Pi_thumbsup
If its running smooth and strong just look at making it nicer to ride ie,brakes,steering ,ride etc.Maybe a tre to make it nicer out of corners.Ive ridden a few good 99,s and reckon they were the smoothest gen1 motors of the lot.
(10-10-2009, 06:37pm)spamanglenn Wrote: Ive ridden a few good 99,s and reckon they were the smoothest gen1 motors of the lot.

you can say that again!... say it again, say it again.lol

i think im use to the power now as well, and thinking 'do i need more?'
have to polish up on my corners, but straights and weaving through traffic are A+.lol
GenII Hunter Knuppel2
My K5 has a yoshi box tune, GPS remapped, BMC race filter & RS3 yoshi's & on Jamie's dyno a couple of months ago pumped out 174hp & 105ftlb so your's should be around those numbers I'd be guessing.
(11-10-2009, 11:15am)2wheelfreak Wrote: My K5 has a yoshi box tune, GPS remapped, BMC race filter & RS3 yoshi's & on Jamie's dyno a couple of months ago pumped out 174hp & 105ftlb so your's should be around those numbers I'd be guessing.

Thanks 2 wheel, thats around where I was Thinking .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(11-10-2009, 10:33pm)Greeny_SA Wrote:
(11-10-2009, 11:15am)2wheelfreak Wrote: My K5 has a yoshi box tune, GPS remapped, BMC race filter & RS3 yoshi's & on Jamie's dyno a couple of months ago pumped out 174hp & 105ftlb so your's should be around those numbers I'd be guessing.

Thanks 2 wheel, thats around where I was Thinking .

The stocker is a very fast machine, the small mods are a little faster, the bog mods make the suckers downright amazing. Power is good, however a well executed tune will make an amazing difference.Biker
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Gday Greeny,
Hope all is well, havnt seen you up at Lobethal since we first met.

All this ECU, Power Comm, and Exhaust chat, im wondering how good your suspension is? Very Happy

Just how well can she be punted through Chain of Ponds, or even Mallala with your suspension the way it may be, (im assuming standard).

Have a good day!!

Matt. Very Happy