Tips to reduce Depression
Hello everyone,

I am going to discuss some tips to reduse depression.

1. Do not read newspapers.

Newspapers publish negative stories most of the time. Even in peaceful periods, newspapers will find the worst in humanity and place negative stories on display in order to promote sales and subscribers. Stories focused on War, rebellion, death, destruction, doom and despair abound in the newspapers.

You will not miss any news. Friends, family, and your local air raid siren will keep you informed if your attention is needed. Only pay attention to the things you can control in your life.

Stop reading the newspaper and reduce the negative input to your brain.

2. Turn off your television.

Watching and listening about the horrible economy and the losses associated with War will add to depression. In fact, you guarantee the feeling of helplessness. Helplessness allows depression to nurture. If you really need to watch or listen to these kinds of news stories, promise yourself you will bury yourself in the documentaries that are sure to follow in the next 5 or 10 years. A way you can eliminate most of the negative input to your brain is by setting it aside for a date somewhere in the future. I guarantee in the future, you will not find it very interesting.

When visitors come to your home, make sure you turn off your television and keep it off. News television broadcasters are fighting for your guests' attention as they promote despair, war, death, and destruction with many headline news interruptions. Those little banners that run across the bottom of the screen achieve your attention and they take hold of your consciousness. Television will diminish your positive spirit.
i got one go for a ride!!
I think he is in the wrong forum. David this is a Hayabusa forum matey.
Or...... you could get your news from a variety of sources, remembering always that by someone telling a story you are automatically getting the biais of the storyteller, and be an active participant in the political life of your community, country and world.

And THEN get out there and ride your bike!
(12-10-2009, 05:28pm)davidhardner Wrote: Hello everyone,

Newspapers publish negative stories most of the time. Even in peaceful periods, newspapers will find the worst in humanity and place negative stories on display in order to promote sales and subscribers. Stories focused on War, rebellion, death, destruction, doom and despair abound in the newspapers.

You will not miss any news. Friends, family, and your local air raid siren will keep you informed if your attention is needed. Only pay attention to the things you can control in your life.

Watching and listening about the horrible economy and the losses associated with War will add to depression. In fact, you guarantee the feeling of helplessness. Helplessness allows depression to nurture. If you really need to watch or listen to these kinds of news stories, promise yourself you will bury yourself in the documentaries that are sure to follow in the next 5 or 10 years. A way you can eliminate most of the negative input to your brain is by setting it aside for a date somewhere in the future. I guarantee in the future, you will not find it very interesting.

When visitors come to your home, make sure you turn off your television and keep it off. News television broadcasters are fighting for your guests' attention as they promote despair, war, death, and destruction with many headline news interruptions. Those little banners that run across the bottom of the screen achieve your attention and they take hold of your consciousness. Television will diminish your positive spirit.

Fully agree
lightbulb 
Hmmmm.....
a threesome with a couple of "grid girls" Drool should keep the black dog at bay !?! (for half an hour, anyway...)
Half an hour? You're not doing it right.
(13-10-2009, 10:01am)Heidi1 Wrote: Half an hour? You're not doing it right.

Not doing it right? I thought he must have been doing it 5 - 6 times Lol3
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
(13-10-2009, 10:01am)Heidi1 Wrote: Half an hour? You're not doing it right.

Now I am really depressed Lol2

How do you cure depression from lack of riding due to this crappy weather Wtf
Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek
(12-10-2009, 05:28pm)davidhardner Wrote: Hello everyone,

This is one of the worst kind of advice one can give,and that is to bury your head in the sand and fly with the fairys.Scary
What you are saying is that we should not listen/watch to whats going on around us and the world ....wtf!!!!!How do you propose to see a polar bear?????please dont say a zoo cause that is a life sentnce for the animal!!!!or warnings on countrys we should not visit due to terrorism????have you tought about how educational,informative and usefull TV can be????If you live in a bubble thats fine but if anyone in this forum is remotely like me than I/we need to know whats going on around the planet.I have friends,family and bussiness partners that without the power of TV/comuncation devices I will lose contact or not know that maybe an earthquake,war,flood blablabla happend in their country and they might need my help.Australia would have major problems round the world if the power of TV was not there to promote and expose this country.On another note you would not be able to read this if it was not for the invention of this "evil tool" you are mentioning.Depression happens to everyone(I have been there) and what is needed is support,good friends and understanding.If one blames an electronic box that can be switched off at your own command for aiding to his or her menthal well being than its not the box thats the problem but the individual who is operating it.Depression or the black dog as Winston Churchill used to call it is a cureable problem the trick to it is finding the right help,unfortuneatley in Aus depression is not taken seriously(personal experience) and that is where the problem is......not enough menthal health programmes and support.
I still think he has a very good point.
I don't think he is saying block yourself out from everything.
The Media does thrive on negativity. I think most of us agree on that.
The thing is if you watch this stuff too much you would think that there are terrorists under your bed etc.
And if someone is suffering from depression already then it could make things worse say if that person is watching a lot of negative programs.
All he is saying is be aware.
You can see and do plenty of things without watching tv and make up your own mind on things instead of thinking...yep its in the paper so it must be true.

WE are in control of our destiny.
talking about depression is a start..
what to do about it?

there are many programs.tablets and help out there..

yes the news is very negative..not many happy stories on there.it dose sell ratings thou.

never be to afraid to ask for help or talk because you never know who or whom is going through it too.
it may amaze you the amount of people suffering depression.

i for one do.been on medication about 12 years...i know that its due to a lack of seritonian.which is a chemicle we all produce.its heridtary.i seem not to produce enough so i take anti depressants.no fault of my own just how life deals the cards.
yep i realise i,m putting myself "out there" ready to be ridiculed next time there is a blow up on here..but if i can help just one person then its all worth it.

i,m a joker and i laugh alot..i have experianced in my life that the clowns are the saddest people inside...

food for thought,

hayabusa forum or not its all relevant too all people.you may save a life by just talking about it.
(14-10-2009, 06:27pm)cheeky Wrote: talking about depression is a start..
what to do about it?

there are many programs.tablets and help out there..

yes the news is very negative..not many happy stories on there.it dose sell ratings thou.

never be to afraid to ask for help or talk because you never know who or whom is going through it too.
it may amaze you the amount of people suffering depression.

i for one do.been on medication about 12 years...i know that its due to a lack of seritonian.which is a chemicle we all produce.its heridtary.i seem not to produce enough so i take anti depressants.no fault of my own just how life deals the cards.
yep i realise i,m putting myself "out there" ready to be ridiculed next time there is a blow up on here..but if i can help just one person then its all worth it.

i,m a joker and i laugh alot..i have experianced in my life that the clowns are the saddest people inside...

food for thought,

hayabusa forum or not its all relevant too all people.you may save a life by just talking about it.

as for switching off tv and not reading the news i,m not so sure about..
it all takes time
Yes, as cheeky says, it can be attributed to a chemical inbalance that can be treated by a doctor.
If depression is a concern and goes untreated it can be tragic for the sufferer and their loved ones.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
What i find interesting is david hardeners name lol.

An hes profileEek

Lol3

Oh cheeky,clowns...
I have a very good an true story about a clown...
"Tips to reduce depression"
DONT GET FCUKIN MARRIED is a cure I recommend to all!!!