Heat Shielding materials - for under fairings....
Does anyone know where you can get hold of that heat resistant 1 - 1.5 cm thick foam material used to protect the inside of fairing panels ?

Also, suitable silver foil material for near headers and exhaust ?

It's all suddenly started to deteriorate (the bike is 16 years old, so I shouldn't be all that surprised) and its coming off in chunks . I think I'm going to have to scrape off whats left and replace it with new stuff. Suggestions ???

While I'm at it... what would be a suitable heat resistant fixing agent ? Looks like the original stuff was stuck on with some kind of glue - if so, are there particular glues that can withstand the types of temps generated 1 or 2 cm from the headers and motor ?

Any assistance greatly appreciated. The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>
American autos or rpm racegear sell the sheets,the exhaust rap, the spray etc etc <i></i>
Astro,
Clark rubber has a range of self adhesive heat shielding of various thicknesses. The are sold by the mtr and reasonably priced. I got heat shield for my truck and for the exhaust on my busa where it touches the belly pan from Clarks in Port Macquarie total cost 18 bucks.
Bruce

See here, young man, from Walgett to the sea,
From Conroy’s Gap to Castlereagh, there’s none can ride like me.
Banjo Paterson

<i></i>
Thanks Glen and Bruce.... much appreciated. I've been looking for the stuff and was starting to give up. Thanks for the assist. The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>