Buell being discontinued
Want to see a man with his heart ripped out watch this announcement by Eric Buell, another result of the GFC, HD also dropping MV, maybe they should have kept Buell and MV and dropped HD http://www.buell.com/en_us/company/
very dissapointing news , i'm a big fan of the buell. It's a shame to see a US sports bike company close the doors. I've never had the fortune to ride a buell but it's a bike that's been on the must have list. Buell should have entered in wsb or moto gp races this might have given them an opportunity to show the world how good they are and boost sales.
(27-10-2009, 02:39pm)99sydrd Wrote: very dissapointing news , i'm a big fan of the buell. It's a shame to see a US sports bike company close the doors. I've never had the fortune to ride a buell but it's a bike that's been on the must have list. Buell should have entered in wsb or moto gp races this might have given them an opportunity to show the world how good they are and boost sales.

Unfortunately the 350lb Yanks can only ride Harleys & thats all they buy. Buell's are too quick for them & they can't fit on an MV ,even if any of them have heard of an MV Or Italy,either .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(27-10-2009, 09:52am)alpal Wrote: ...maybe they should have kept Buell and MV and dropped HD...

Hear hear!

That's bad news, they were a great niche sports bike. So many inovative bits and bobs like the oil in the swing arm, fuel in the frame etc. I'd never want one, but I'll miss reading about the new model next year.
So another boat anchor bites the dust.....................who cares..........never saw one on the road..........all that "innovation" totally ignored by the masses....
Never ride the A model of anything.
Well i own a 2000 busa and a nightrod special 07 harley , but it makes sense when you dominate the market in cruisers why would you get rid of your money maker. I personally have never been a big fan of the buells always thought they were to scrunched up looking for my liking lol but thats just personal taste, each to their own but its always a shame to see a brand disapear.

Ps im not a yank or 350lbs lol
Oh no the limited suply of Buell footpegs Undecided
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(27-10-2009, 09:52am)alpal Wrote: Want to see a man with his heart ripped out watch this announcement by Eric Buell, another result of the GFC, HD also dropping MV, maybe they should have kept Buell and MV and dropped HD http://www.buell.com/en_us/company/

Mv will most probably be bought by VW as rumoured on AMCN,and thank god the Buells are going out of business.Those bikes are only good for women/nyphomaniacs who are after that constant orgasmic feeling due to their vibration factor.A few months back we tested one for a laugh by attaching a set of training wheels on the side and let it idle.........Biker now wait a few seconds..........and as if it had a life of its own the motherfcuker moved and moved and moved without even putting it into gear.Great decision to stop the vibrating clanker!!!!Clap