Dubai Busa
Was waiting at the traffic lights yesterday & a stretched Busa zoomed past. Wasn't quick enough with the camera to get a picFrown

Only glimpsed it for a second. I think it was dark red or maybe a browny colour.

Am here for the rest of the week so will keep an eye out. I might be lucky & get a pic if I see it again.
for a second i thought you said you werent quick enough with the camel.
Lol3
(28-10-2009, 03:20pm)Louwai Wrote: Only glimpsed it for a second. I think it was dark red or maybe a browny colour.

Uh - It was probably an LTD white but with the sand over there......Lol3

Cheers Ruffy
I saw one today Bryan ....................... it will be pretty Flash>>>>>ed by the time it's finished .................. look familiar Knuppel2[attachment=7848]
I recognise that little portion of my number plate Pete. Looks good. I can't wait to get back on the old girl.....
Cousin lives here in Dubai & she's getting married, which is the reason for the trip.
I was talking to one of her local expat friends, Andy, who's been here for 12yrs & is very much into bikes. He says people here just buy the best & fastest regardless of riding ability or even having a lisence. They go & buy a Busa, have a turbo fitted before it even leaves the shop & these guys have hardly ridden a bike before let alone a powerful one. They just need to be seen among the friends as having the best or fastest.

Andy told me he once saw a guy buy a brand new Bandit, ride it out of the shop, crash it 100m down the street & then he just walked back to the shop & tried to buy another one. The shop keeper refused to sell him another bike as he very obviously couldn't ride.

Andy also commented on the general riding ability. He said that most riders here are "straight liners". They are so poor at riding anything other than straight lines that they almost stop & walk the bikes around round-a-bouts.
there's a 10 star hotel called the burge al arab , $50,000 a night apparently. looks unreal. I wouldnt be surprised if you see a few 24k solid gold busa's heading out to oil wells.
(30-10-2009, 03:03pm)Louwai Wrote: Cousin lives here in Dubai & she's getting married, which is the reason for the trip.
I was talking to one of her local expat friends, Andy, who's been here for 12yrs & is very much into bikes. He says people here just buy the best & fastest regardless of riding ability or even having a lisence. They go & buy a Busa, have a turbo fitted before it even leaves the shop & these guys have hardly ridden a bike before let alone a powerful one. They just need to be seen among the friends as having the best or fastest.

Andy told me he once saw a guy buy a brand new Bandit, ride it out of the shop, crash it 100m down the street & then he just walked back to the shop & tried to buy another one. The shop keeper refused to sell him another bike as he very obviously couldn't ride.

Andy also commented on the general riding ability. He said that most riders here are "straight liners". They are so poor at riding anything other than straight lines that they almost stop & walk the bikes around round-a-bouts.

Living in the region you soon come to understand the locals, there IQ matches their shoe size, and some have really small feet. So many times you see the aftermath of a straight line run, Busa and white land cruiser coming together.

Great place to buy second hand new bikes though; they walk in buy a Hayabusa and return the bike the next day, too much power for them, some are more suited to a camel only

Dave
(30-10-2009, 04:30pm)99sydrd Wrote: there's a 10 star hotel called the burge al arab , $50,000 a night apparently. looks unreal. I wouldnt be surprised if you see a few 24k solid gold busa's heading out to oil wells.

Yeah it's commonly called "The Burj". I think it's billed as a 7 Star hotel. You can do day trips to go & see it. Is about AU$150 per head for the day.
I'm told the cheapest room is approx AU$2700 / night.

Dave,
I was talking to a guy last night that commutes from Dubai to Abu Dhabi every day. He reckons there are 7 speed cameras & he has to slow down to 160klm/hr at each position so as not to get a speeding fine. A bit like the Geelong Freeway really Very Happy

The F1 is on in Abu Dhabi this weekend. Lots of extra "racers" on the road ATM. All thinking they can beat the F1 cars.
Hi louwai,
Saw your bike yesterday and today looking good you will be happy with the result.
Regards,
Shane
(30-10-2009, 03:03pm)Louwai Wrote: Andy also commented on the general riding ability. He said that most riders here are "straight liners". They are so poor at riding anything other than straight lines that they almost stop & walk the bikes around round-a-bouts.

Maybe with all that sand, they could all mix their own cocktails and call it "Concrete" and Harden the f@#$% up!!!!Lol2. Too much money, too much time and no respect for the mighty 'Busa, then they wonder why it bites them....hard!.

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!

(01-11-2009, 03:04pm)spanner spinner Wrote: Hi louwai,
Saw your bike yesterday and today looking good you will be happy with the result.

Got it back today Shane. I was on it & gone within 10 minutes of Pete & Stuart leaving my place.
I needed a hit. First ride for over 2 weeks. Was killing me......
what do you think of the fllash job , and the way it changes the way your bike acts /goes ???? i am still trying to get use to mine.. apart from that i very happy with petes work... did pete drop off my old parts to you ????
Regards,
Shane
I'm still playing with it. Only a couple of short rides so far. But very happy.
Other than the old / replaced bits of mine, pete dropped off a pair of front pegs. Were they yours??
(04-11-2009, 08:57am)Louwai Wrote: I'm still playing with it. Only a couple of short rides so far. But very happy.
Other than the old / replaced bits of mine, pete dropped off a pair of front pegs. Were they yours??

Very Happy Bryan the pegs are yours for your bike Very Happy I have some old parts from Shane's bike which I'll ask Shredder to bring back to Brissy next Monday
All good Pi_thumbsup