Touring Tips
Car 
Well I dont have any tips, havnt toured at all before :)

Start my first trek this december, approx 9000km round trip
hopefully i'll of learned what was a good idea and what was not by this stage :o

anyhow leave any tips for the future hopefuls like myself if you want
Peregrine Falcon - Capable of slicing winds at over 300km/h
Hayabusa - Capable of carrying my arse to over 300km/h
Leave a 3rd of the shit you pack behind on the garage floor, but take more socks than you think you'll need. Pack a credit card and gas cannister set and get out there! You can think it through too much.
A can of "get you to the next town puncture repair expandable foam". Its a pain to clear up when you properly fix the flat but you can 80kmph it a long way to get out of trouble.
(28-10-2009, 09:22pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Leave a 3rd of the shit you pack behind on the garage floor, but take more socks than you think you'll need. Pack a credit card and gas cannister set and get out there! You can think it through too much.

Good advice from Heidi. Travel light is the trick, don't load up a Ventura rack too much, it will break!. U can buy a puncture kit, ie: Strings, a little hand pump and Gas cannisters plus the two tools u need to plug in the strings, they will fit under the seat.
Go forth & enjoy, don't ride at or around dusk / dawn in wildlife infested areas.
Do a write up on ur adventures, I look forward to it!.

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!

Reinforce the Ventura rack
10 litre fuel can
Don't ride at night & by pass Victoria (sorry guy to many cops & cameras)
see out Aust lap
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=10600