Air suspension
Had a look at this site today

http://www.hayabusa.com.au/Air_Ride_Susp..._s/540.htm

On the surface it seems Ok. I have a couple questions tho.

The system works by compressing the top and bottom section of the shock independantly of each other (as you probably all know). The top of the range system has twin compressors to do this. As it says you can alter the height, rebound and stiffness, but I'm wondering if you can alter the compression damping independant of the rebound damping or not. I get that the height is set by the differing volumes of air on one side of the shock plunger compared to the other and that the stiffness is just determined by how much air pressure is in the system. I'm also assuming that the compression damping is what they are describing as "stiffness" But how does the rebound damping come into it given that (as it seems to me) the air pressures on both sides of the plunger have to be equal regardless of how high or low they are, because without a conventional spring in there, there can't be any transfer of air through the plunger like a decent oil or gas shock?
If you want it for cruising and posing then its fantastic, if you are after a full shock-type suspension that has rebound/damping and want to use it for fast riding/or track forget it; it wont handle it and it ends up pogoing under hard acceleration. I had one of those MPB duel systems on my bike for a bit and took it off, it couldnt handle my heavy wrist :) - Glen from TC has one if you want to get some more feedback. they are nice systems but really are only good for cruising and bling factor - you can still ride fast bu dont expect it to react like a normal shoch in tight fast corners; it doesnt cut it. (Ithink ther are better air systems around that do full damping etc but a lot more $$)
Egos; everyone got one
Excellant, Thank you. Now I can stop thinking about it. I kinda figured that would be the bottom line.
(20-11-2009, 02:46pm)busakid08 Wrote: Glen from TC has one if you want to get some more feedback.

Just incase you did not no Crane the link you put up was from Glens site
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(23-11-2009, 08:44pm)ROD Wrote:
(20-11-2009, 02:46pm)busakid08 Wrote: Glen from TC has one if you want to get some more feedback.

Just incase you did not no Crane the link you put up was from Glens site

.com.au Gotcha. No, I didn't know that. I thought I was on an american site (cant remember where I got it) I'd love an air system that was able to provide different levels of compression and rebound damping, independant of each other as well as provide a completely adjustable "spring" rate. Cheers, I'll send the man an email.