Qld Road Tolls for Bikes
I was just looking at my E-Tag account on-line & this statement is displayed at the bottom of the page.

Motorcycles are not required to use a tag on Queensland Motorways road network, as go via account holders they are exempt from video matching fees. If you require a tag for use on other toll roads please call 13000 GO VIA [1 3000 46 842] to request a tag.

Does this mean that bikes don't pay the toll???
Or does it just mean bikes don't pay the extra fees for them to charge the toll to your car account??

When did this take effect??? I don't recall it being advertised....
i think this is something that you will need to call them about and have verifcation. IMO i think there telling you that you are exempt from the VM fees and i would say this is across the board for all QLD riders mate

Motorcycles are not required to use a tag on Queensland Motorways road network, as go via account holders they are exempt from video matching fees. If you require a tag for use on other toll roads please call 13000 GO VIA [1 3000 46 842] to request a tag.

hope that helps Very Happy
No you still pay the toll, their using the video system for bikes in place of the tag and not charging for it (the video matching system)
Justification for not paying a reduced toll for bikes perhaps?
Mrs Tony might be able to shed some light on this. Over to you Trix...........
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
(04-11-2009, 06:09am)rb3221 Wrote: No you still pay the toll, their using the video system for bikes in place of the tag and not charging for it (the video matching system)

This is correct Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
In NSW all you need to do is register the license plate of your bike against the tag account number with your tag provider. The road operator then use their OCR software to read your plate and deduct said toll from the nominated account.

Some time ago when the e-Tag was first produced they never made a motorcycle version (despite saying for years it was comming) as there was no way to produce a "universal" fit version to cater for the variety of bikes on the road. I had several discussions with the RTA and MAA around the 3rd party insurance liability if a tag "fell" from a motorcycle and struck a pedestrian causing death or serious injury.
Several insurance companies refused to supply in writing that they would cover the third party damages as the "Tag" was either not original equipment or suited for motorcycle use. I used this information against the RTA to claim back fees charged for photo matching. RTA has since changed their policy regarding these fees for motorcycles though I'm not sure if my actions had anything to do with it.
Another interesting thing is that the cameras don't seem to be able to read the license plate at speeds exceeding 250kph :)

Now if I can only win my fight with he MAA over how greenslip prices are calculated for motorcycles. I've spent several hours talking to the MAA statistician and well as a friend who's an actuary and the whole pricing structure reeks of descrimination and price fixing. However I do know how the insurance companies calculate the annual ass pounding refered to as CTP and its a pure act of mathematical simplicity rather then any actual inteligence.
(04-11-2009, 08:18pm)Champs Wrote: Mrs Tony might be able to shed some light on this. Over to you Trix...........

Doh I do workplace health and safety and I would shoot myself if I had to work for QML. What is is you save a whooping 40c (being the video fee) if you ride a motorbike. You still have to pay the rest of the toll tho.