Michelin Pilot Power
Anyone got feed back on Michellin Pilot Powers please?

Culdn't get Vipers or Storms front and backs and need some decent sticky tyres. My local tyre shop - TJ Tyres advcise that the Pilot Powers are about as sticky as the Avon Vipers.

Feed back anyone?

Cheers.

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Max

I have just put these on and intial feel is good but I can let you know more in a couple of weeks when I'm planning to do 3 day run.

I didn't go for the PP2CT as I didn't think I need it the 2CT has the PP centre and even stickier shoulders apparently great for track days.
I just put a set of these on and I am not that impressed. The back tyre has slipped twice in the last few rides and I don't like that. Should have stayed with the trusty Metzler Z6's but I couldn't get a set.

Pi_thumbsdown
http://two-wheels.michelin.com/2w/front/...38&lang=EN
Cheers Taub
[Image: Banner_blueandwhite2.jpg]
(18-11-2009, 07:10am)Taubusa Wrote: I just put a set of these on and I am not that impressed. The back tyre has slipped twice in the last few rides and I don't like that. Should have stayed with the trusty Metzler Z6's but I couldn't get a set.

Pi_thumbsdown
http://two-wheels.michelin.com/2w/front/...38&lang=EN

Different tyre to the power.I had these(powers) on my 954 and were on the busa when i first got.Plenty of grip, the front is rather pointy so you do get a lot of feedback over different surfaces which takes a little getting used to.
would definately use them again. Have continental sport attacks on at the moment and do prefer these over the powers
Scary WOT....no Storms....what am I to do?

Will Hal be getting some in?
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
(18-11-2009, 07:41am)Busdriver Wrote: Scary WOT....no Storms....what am I to do?

Will Hal be getting some in?

Hal has over 100 tyres on backorder. The suppliers didn't get the tyres in as the Global Financial Crisis bit. Apparently we're not riding our bikes that much any morePi_freak
So what tyres are you getting?

I believe the Storms are being replaced by the Storm 2 Ultra, but you can mix and match them.

I'm thinking Conti Road Attacks if I can get my Storms.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
Hi Max

I have run Pilot Powers since hey came out on my Hayabusa. They are a great tyre in my opinion, the only time I've had one slide is when it's been really wet. I did my riding days in New Zealand on Michelin Pilot Sports, which were a bit dodgy in the wet until they warmed up, and then they were great. The Powers eliminated that cold skittish feeling, and I've happily had them ever since.

The Pilot Powers have done numerous track days and have not given me any big surprises.

When I got my Hayabusa it had Dunlop D208's front and rear. Dunslips by name and Dunslips by nature. The brand new rear they supplied was dead in 1500km and I felt it slide every one of them.

Hope this helps. BTW I am not French, nor do I have any affiliation with Michelin

Graham
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
Max, I am currently running a combo Pilot Power on the front and Pilot 2CT on the rear.

It is a totally reliable combo and I recommend it for feel and trust.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Thanks for the feedback guys. It will be interesting to see how they perform on the way down to Tathra and then on the loop.

Cheers and thanks again.

Max
I love the pilot powers, they are what I run normally.
Max, I had pilot powers on the bike before the busa - 1999 model blackbird with yoshis. The most memorable experience was riding to Tumut two up with two riders behind me on birds. The weather was so hot that coming through Kiandra it would have been 40 degrees -no kidding - it was lifting the hot mix and leaving a plough mark in the road. We stopped at Talbingo dam to cool off; that's when I saw the hot mix over the front of the other two bikes. They were impressed but shitted off with the tyres and the effect on their bikes.
I've got them on the busa and with racefit growlers there needed to stay straight.
Hope that helps -near a testimonial (sic).
Gerry
pilot power. grip is not very good but still not bad either
mine slips sometimes under hard acceleration..
wearwise is quite good.
(18-11-2009, 07:01pm)larra Wrote: pilot power. grip is not very good but still not bad either
wearwise is quite good.

Thanks guys, I'm hearing the words "slipping" and ot liking that at all. Hal, my dealer, saidf the current flock of Powers warm up a little more quickly than the previous and are nearly as sticky as the ZZVipers and a lot more than the Storms.

I'm going to find out when I get them on the biuke.

Cheers.
(18-11-2009, 07:53pm)Madmax Wrote:
(18-11-2009, 07:01pm)larra Wrote: pilot power. grip is not very good but still not bad either
wearwise is quite good.

Thanks guys, I'm hearing the words "slipping" and ot liking that at all. Hal, my dealer, saidf the current flock of Powers warm up a little more quickly than the previous and are nearly as sticky as the ZZVipers and a lot more than the Storms.

I'm going to find out when I get them on the biuke.

Cheers.

Gets some super coarsers, the sticky ones. Or the 016 or 003 road and race OR some chocolate donuts Pi_thumbsup