EAST meets WEST ?!?!
(21-12-2009, 10:24pm)bazman Wrote: Pi_thumbsup......+1 (wot they juz said). Like Andy pointed out, if it was held juz before or juz after moto-GP w/end....we'll get more of both westies & easterners coming to it (killin' 2 birds)

Coolsmiley

March for the Supers and October for the Motogp?

I reckon October would still be likely to be too cold and March...???? dunno.

We are talking about two completely different events when looking for next years "Busa Run"

Tathra was a dedicated Busa weekend that took most of us 3 days to be involved. Great Loop, accommodation, food, drink, location, location, location.

Streaky Bay will take most of us 6 days with the Qld'ers probably more. It will be an event that the ride to and from will be the major riding component. Riding to there and then to the Island will not happen on a weekend, rather the ride there, have an event then ride to the Island for the GP or Supers over three days of the next weekend is starting to look like an even more extended event.

Can we try to keep this a Busa Event perhaps? Time together, ride a loop, eat and drink too much.

Just my 2cents.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm getting confusing me thinks!!!Confused

Tex and I have set commitments in the week leading into GP or Supers so that will make it tough to pull off for us if not impossible!

Other than that I have no suggestions at ALL! Lol2 useless am I!

I am PILLION!!!!! Trophy I go wherever the bike gets pointed and requires no input from me!! I soooooo Smitten that!!
Boobies4 post doesn't really say anything so I flashed for ya boys Lol2

cheers jenn
A mob of us (QLD, NSW and me) are going to Tassy the first two weeks of March, second half of the year would be good for a mob of us that actually ride and would be likely to get there.

A suggestion we learned in putting Tathra together, everyone has an opinion and will fight for it regarding dates. Once they have what they want, THEY DON'T SHOW UP at the ride, the ones that did were the lovely ones prepared to go anywhere at any time. Pick a date that suits the organisers, and tell everyone else to bugger off. Next time I'm not even going to pretend to be polite about it.

P.S. I'm not flashing!
When you guys & girls come over to tassie let me know as I know quite a few good roads down here with plenty of corners so you can have a bit of fun.

regards
Busa
Boys and Gals,

From what I have heard from some of the westy's some are already panning to head to the MotoGp next year and with that happening you will find that you won't get people doing both.
You will find that the guys that are already planning to go to the MotoGp won't do another trip across to the east coast due to the commitment required to such a ride from the west coast.

The ride doesn't have to be another Tathra or for us a Sth West Run but can certainly be a ride to a sporting avent that all people will enjoy in the MotoGp, there is many options as Andcad has mentioned if some of you die hards want to do the trip across the guys that are going to MotoGp can ride back cross with you. The guys from Sth Aus that are interested in going to the MotoGp but not keen on coming this way can be picked up by the people coming back through.

You also have people from the east coast that have already mention that if us Westy's get the Speed Trial up and running they will be heading over for this as well so will probably do the same for anyone that is planning on doing the above said event they won't do both.

I'm not sure how to tackle this as to organise a run like this takes as some of you have already mentioned commintment and unfortunately you have only had a couple westy's give you a suggestion or idea for a meet up. So at the moment there is not a lot of commitment from the WA guys but a lot of talk by a lot of people on the other side of the WA Border so maybe you should be trying to find out who from WA is interested in such a run 1st or maybe put a poll up. I for one can't do next year as I'm already taking time out to do the family thing for a few weeks and with work would not be able to get leave to do another trip like you are proposing.

Mabye one suggestion from me it sounds like there is a lot of guys & Gals that spend a lot of time in the Saddle how about in 2yrs you guys come this way meet up with us and then we will take you through our lovely Sth West in Western Australia which I'm sure some of you haven't seen.

Or maybe it can be something like Andcad & Luck85 have mentioned tie it up with the MotoGp as people are already heading that way and then maybe include a run to Tassie as I know a lot of guys want to do the Tassie run from WA.

I know this doesn't really answer any questions or shed any more light on the subject but this will take some organising. Maybe one suggestion though which will hopefully take any arguments out of the this topic, have one representive from each state and those guys or gals communicate with the people in there state and find out who is interested in doing such an avent and what time of year suits. Once you have that the organisers pick a date and then plan from there.
(22-12-2009, 03:53pm)Rev004 Wrote: Boys and Gals,

From what I have heard from some of the westy's some are already panning to head to the MotoGp next year and with that happening you will find that you won't get people doing both.
You will find that the guys that are already planning to go to the MotoGp won't do another trip across to the east coast due to the commitment required to such a ride from the west coast.

The ride doesn't have to be another Tathra or for us a Sth West Run but can certainly be a ride to a sporting avent that all people will enjoy in the MotoGp, there is many options as Andcad has mentioned if some of you die hards want to do the trip across the guys that are going to MotoGp can ride back cross with you. The guys from Sth Aus that are interested in going to the MotoGp but not keen on coming this way can be picked up by the people coming back through.

You also have people from the east coast that have already mention that if us Westy's get the Speed Trial up and running they will be heading over for this as well so will probably do the same for anyone that is planning on doing the above said event they won't do both.

I'm not sure how to tackle this as to organise a run like this takes as some of you have already mentioned commintment and unfortunately you have only had a couple westy's give you a suggestion or idea for a meet up. So at the moment there is not a lot of commitment from the WA guys but a lot of talk by a lot of people on the other side of the WA Border so maybe you should be trying to find out who from WA is interested in such a run 1st or maybe put a poll up. I for one can't do next year as I'm already taking time out to do the family thing for a few weeks and with work would not be able to get leave to do another trip like you are proposing.

Mabye one suggestion from me it sounds like there is a lot of guys & Gals that spend a lot of time in the Saddle how about in 2yrs you guys come this way meet up with us and then we will take you through our lovely Sth West in Western Australia which I'm sure some of you haven't seen.

Or maybe it can be something like Andcad & Luck85 have mentioned tie it up with the MotoGp as people are already heading that way and then maybe include a run to Tassie as I know a lot of guys want to do the Tassie run from WA.

I know this doesn't really answer any questions or shed any more light on the subject but this will take some organising. Maybe one suggestion though which will hopefully take any arguments out of the this topic, have one representive from each state and those guys or gals communicate with the people in there state and find out who is interested in doing such an avent and what time of year suits. Once you have that the organisers pick a date and then plan from there.

Good words and logical point of view. With that in mind can I ask how many westies there are and how many would do a Streaky Bay run?
(23-12-2009, 06:38am)Madmax Wrote: Good words and logical point of view. With that in mind can I ask how many westies there are and how many would do a Streaky Bay run?

Hi Madmax

Mate that is a very good Question, when we set out to organise the WA Anniversary Ride I was able to get hold of over 100 people that are registered on the Forum here in WA. We had 28 Busas turn up for the Photo Shoot and I know that there was still quite a few that I know that weren't there.

It appears that there is approx 30-60 maybe more that appear to be active on the forum so I spose it's case of how many read the thread. I know that there was definitely a handful of guys that were talking of the MotoGp and also hoping to tee up and do the Run across to Tassie but as far as just a run for this avent I'm not sure I know I can't do next year.

Cheers Rev004.
[attachment=8591]

WtfConfused
(23-12-2009, 12:14pm)GRUNTMAX Wrote: WtfConfused

Iron Butt Rider or what!!ClapClapClap