EAST meets WEST ?!?!
(12-12-2009, 12:53pm)motoplast Wrote: C'mon Bazz, let's make a real ride of it! Let's meet at Three Ways (NT) or Broome, the Westerners could ride up the West Coast in one continuous right hander as it bends to the curvatureLol2
Streaky Bay sounds isolated enough, taking it easy and avoiding night time riding we would be looking at 2 days each way plus say at least 2 day's there. So we need a week off, I'm in! If other members are serious, we need to start planning now! Since we are not out to rewrite the record books I would be happy to supply a support vehicle complete with Barbie (cooking type, not blondie type!Lol3). I will find someone to drive the support vehicle. If there is enough interest in anyone wanting to qualify for a FarRide or IBA then talk to me and I will see what I can organise.
Baz, u & I need to catch up for a drink & a chatBeer. Mmm, could be a real fun week. Any takers???

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy

....& a dyno run !!! he he....best $30 I ever invested !
Hey Tex, explain all this FarRider stuff to the ignorant (me) amongst us pls? Yes
From memory Streaky Bay has a great Pub. Very Happy
I'm flat out From Feb thru May, and August thru November.

BUT
As long as it's June or July (not July I'll be in UK) December or January(probably to bloody hot) I'm in Pi_thumbsup- If you have support vehicle we can supply a driver. Boobies4
So - if it's June I'm in - actually it's probably too bloody cold down there that time of year.

Think I might be out Frown
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(12-12-2009, 02:11pm)Ward P Wrote: From memory Streaky Bay has a great Pub. Very Happy

Fanx Ward......thats the main qual. ticked on the list !!! Pi_thumbsup
anyone else know much about [Image: imagesCAFCUP3T.jpg] Streaker Bay ???? Nerd
Hey All, found this link, it may help.....

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/climate/st...sp?lt=site&lc=18079
Only problem with the Nullabor is - No corners and no sweepers.
However if there's no loop, that leaves a lot of time for drinking!Beer

Can we do as near to halfway as possible as long as there's a hotel of some sort???

I'll ride any distance but I want comfort when I get there!CoolsmileyLol3Coolsmiley

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
(13-12-2009, 07:12pm)Madmax Wrote: Only problem with the Nullabor is - No corners and no sweepers.

Can we do as near to halfway as possible as long as there's a hotel of some sort???

I'll ride any distance but I want comfort when I get there!CoolsmileyLol3Coolsmiley

Max
I'm doing some hunting around, to see if there are any decent roads anywhere near there, that may break the monotony of straight road's ,Maybe the Flinders Range's. This would mean an extra few 100 k's for the westerner's but might be worth it for some corner's ( if there are any ). Failing that, Streaky Bay isn't a bad little town ( think Tathra size ),so accom would be ok ,But as you said Max If your not into fishing,that leave's Drinking .I'll let Bazzman know if I have any joy .Us S A Bloke's will go where you like 1000 KM Do that in our sleep.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
This is a different type of riding Max, you wack on hard tyres and head for the horizon. It has its own charm.
(21-12-2009, 12:50am)Greeny_SA Wrote:
(13-12-2009, 07:12pm)Madmax Wrote: Only problem with the Nullabor is - No corners and no sweepers.

Max
I'm doing some hunting around, to see if there are any decent roads anywhere near there, that may break the monotony of straight road's ,Maybe the Flinders Range's. This would mean an extra few 100 k's for the westerner's but might be worth it for some corner's ( if there are any ). Failing that, Streaky Bay isn't a bad little town ( think Tathra size ),so accom would be ok ,But as you said Max If your not into fishing,that leave's Drinking .I'll let Bazzman know if I have any joy .Us S A Bloke's will go where you like 1000 KM Do that in our sleep.

Good on ya Greeny Clap

Even after living down SA i still don't know where anything is Embarassed
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
How about you East Coasters ride over here to the West Coast, rest up for a few days and then us West Ausies ride back with you to the east coast, go to the next Moto GP or Super Bikes. We may as well through in a bit of touring in Tazzie and then home.
Regards

Andy

Live life like it's the 2 minute warning
My Way is the Highway
When life throws you a curve..lean into it

(21-12-2009, 01:34pm)andcad Wrote: How about you East Coasters ride over here to the West Coast, rest up for a few days and then us West Ausies ride back with you to the east coast, go to the next Moto GP or Super Bikes. We may as well through in a bit of touring in Tazzie and then home.

How about the westerners head clockwise from perth & SA bloke's head anti clockwise from adelaide picking up Vic's ,NSW & Q/land on the way & see where we meet Broome /Darwin,somewhere. Now there's a ride .Sorry guy's , & the canbera mob & NT.

(21-12-2009, 10:39am)Heidi1 Wrote: This is a different type of riding Max, you wack on hard tyres and head for the horizon. It has its own charm.

So How about we look at laying plans for a meeting at Streaky bay for "A" weekend sometime next November/December when it's warm enough to ride comfortably to and from?

Giving members 11 months to get things done and dusted should allow plenty of lead time to get a good number of members there.

To do that distance will take most Easteners 2 days in and 2 days out. Spend 2 days there and we have a 6 day even. That is a pretty serious committment.

Is that what everyone wants or do we just do something similar to Tathra again? 3 days for most Easteners. This is the time to have this discussion.

Thoughts?

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
(21-12-2009, 06:43pm)Madmax Wrote:
(21-12-2009, 10:39am)Heidi1 Wrote: This is a different type of riding Max, you wack on hard tyres and head for the horizon. It has its own charm.

So How about we look at laying plans for a meeting at Streaky bay for "A" weekend sometime next November/December when it's warm enough to ride comfortably to and from?

Giving members 11 months to get things done and dusted should allow plenty of lead time to get a good number of members there.

To do that distance will take most Easteners 2 days in and 2 days out. Spend 2 days there and we have a 6 day even. That is a pretty serious committment.

Is that what everyone wants or do we just do something similar to Tathra again? 3 days for most Easteners. This is the time to have this discussion.

Thoughts?

I'd be happy to do both,but I'd crawl over broken glass to repeat Tathra. maybe 1 in march/april & the other nov/dec.

(21-12-2009, 01:34pm)andcad Wrote: How about you East Coasters ride over here to the West Coast, rest up for a few days and then us West Ausies ride back with you to the east coast, go to the next Moto GP or Super Bikes. We may as well through in a bit of touring in Tazzie and then home.

Maybe we could all meet half way and then ride together to the GP as some of us are going anyway and possibly have a club tent set up.
max, i'm with you on this, tathra was awesome & i will do it again if it happens, A border style run is a great idea,as bruce said the head of the bight is awesome, but its a different ride, ive travelled across the plain about 20 times now, although never on a bike. we are lucky here in adelaide cause were situated in the central missionary position, so either way is easy.
its great to put up different ideas, would be awesome if we could get members from all states for a meet up.
[Image: 583b3abf-1.jpg]
(21-12-2009, 07:39pm)Greeny_SA Wrote:
(21-12-2009, 06:43pm)Madmax Wrote: So How about we look at laying plans for a meeting at Streaky bay for "A" weekend sometime next November/December when it's warm enough to ride comfortably to and from?
Thoughts?

I'd be happy to do both,but I'd crawl over broken glass to repeat Tathra. maybe 1 in march/april & the other nov/dec.

Pi_thumbsup......+1 (wot they juz said). Like Andy pointed out, if it was held juz before or juz after moto-GP w/end....we'll get more of both westies & easterners coming to it (killin' 2 birds)

Coolsmiley