How much for a Busa engine?
Hi everybody,
Just wondering what a complete, stock second hand Gen II engine would be worth with 9350 km? And secondly, how strong is the demand for one these days?

Cheers
Troy
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
im guessing with all the electrics and throttle bodies it go for the $5-6 thousand mark
Recently looked at a few from wreckers. These engines ranged from about 10k to 40k kms bare engine ie no eletcrics etc was anywere from 2-3k full motor was with electrics, throttle bodies rad etc etc was somewere between 3-6k depending on from who, conditon and kms. Looking to put one in a project are you?

Hope that helps
Regards

Dan
(19-12-2009, 09:15pm)rave Wrote: im guessing with all the electrics and throttle bodies it go for the $5-6 thousand mark

Thanks rave

(20-12-2009, 08:00pm)Dan85 Wrote: Recently looked at a few from wreckers. These engines ranged from about 10k to 40k kms bare engine ie no eletcrics etc was anywere from 2-3k full motor was with electrics, throttle bodies rad etc etc was somewere between 3-6k depending on from who, conditon and kms. Looking to put one in a project are you?

Hope that helps

Thanks Dan. Project bike? Most likely no. I'm trying to work out an offer & to see if it's worth buying my wreck back from the insurance company. I was considering parting it out.
I've found a couple of complete engines overseas for sale but nothing online over here.
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
There's always someone looking for a busa motor for either a bike or kit car/buggy so should get a bit of interest
Regards

Dan
Last motor I brought in cost me $600US Airfreight and $600Aus Clearance, No Duties on a used motor. There's probably cheaper ways to get one here but I felt better that I had it in less than a week from when it was shipped. You ring one of the car importers, they would charge a nominal fee, bikes are around $1200-1500Aus depending who you go with.

Hope that helps!
Shayne