Blown Fuel Pump Fuse.
Greetings everyone, My trusty 99 Busa let me down, stopped dead with F1 flashing, not far from home, managed to walk it home.
Checked code, C41, fuel pump relay.
Found 10 Amp fuse blown for fuel pump supply, replaced and all OK.
Checked current draw, 0.5 amp with pump running, 4 amps starting current, all normal.
Anyone else out there that has had a similar problem, concerned I might have an intermittent fault with the pump, have ridden the Bike for the last 2 days without any problems.
Hoping it was just fatigue and age of the fuse, TIA.
Heidi!!
A couple of years ago a former member with a '00 had the same thing happen twice in a day - he told me that it had been tracked down to the idle adjuster coming out of it's cradle and shorting out on the clutch cover which blew the fuel pump fuse - something to check anyway Nerd

Legend - Ever heard of this happening ?

Cheers Ruffy
(17-02-2010, 08:53pm)Legend Wrote: Heidi!!

What? I've had a battery fail and a smashed rack, apart from that she's run like a dream! Never a F1 problem (unless I'm having a seniors moment)...... Idiot2

(which is very likely)
I was thinking along the lines of a proper intro, rather than joining up for techical assistance!

Btw, they might blow fuses if the pump gets too hot (40degc days), I'd keep a couple spare fuses and keep an eye on it , it may never happen again!

Leonard.
I GOT INTO TROUBLE LAST TIME I DID THAT!!!! I thought I'd just let people make their first post one pumping the club for info for a while and see what happened. You can't say I don't listen!

Ok ok..........

Hey there armscor. How about going to our intro thread and introducing yourself to the club. Tell us a bit about your bike, where are you from and do you have some photos for us of your bike? I'm a huge fan of photos. It is considered polite in an online community to introduce yourself first.

Cheers

Heidi (admin team)
Our old black 00 blew the fuel pump fuse when I let the fuel right very low (ie out) on a hot day. Replaced fuse, never did it again.
I've had same problem once with my 99, only 37000 k on it.
Was heading to Mt nebo half tank of fuel coasting along in 4th and bike just went dead. pushed it up to a servo and eventually found blown fuse. That was two/three year's ago and while bike has only done couple thou k since it's never done it again and nothing has been touched in regard's to it. Can only suggest a bad fuse batch or something.

Cheer's.