power commander maps ?
(15-04-2010, 01:39pm)jamieBezzina Wrote: I have tuned your bike twice now once here and at once at my old work Croydon racing when it was turboed, But you probably never knew that.

Lets talk about the tunes you did on my bikes!

OK Jamie you tuned my 04 when I first got it new and I didnt know any better, I paid you to fit the K&N airfilter and fit and tune the powercommander I had purchased. I also asked you to do the small airbox mod.

I picked the bike up that afternoon in late 04 and asked you how it all went, you told me that you had problems with the tune and had to run the bike a few times on the dyno, you told me that you didnt do the airbox mod but did your special airbox treatment. I paid the money and rode away with the dyno printout you gave me. You even charged me for extra fuel altho the tank was full when I dropped the bike off.

On the way home the thing ran like a pig it was snatchy and jumpy on the throttle I was not happy at all. I then spoke to some mates on the forum and they told me to talk to Col Linney.
Called him and next day took the bike down, the new back tyre was nearly bald melted from not being tied down properly on the dyno, it had had that many runs that you had used over a tank of fuel. Your special airbox mod was to drill a 2.5" dia hole in the top of my new K&N filter bypassing the ram air - you did nothing to the airbox at all (I have photo's of the K&N filter here if you want me to post them).

We put the bike on Col's dyno to set a baseline and it pulled 12 hp less than it stated on your dyno. Col then cut the powercommander cables and it increased 6hp without touching anything else. Col removed the powercommander completely, glued a plastic plate over the hole you drilled in the filter and did the proper small airbox mod then tuned the bike properly and it ran like a dream after.

I showed the powercommander map you had done to another member and we compared it to the maps given out free on the PC site and guess what it matched one of them exactly. I got ripped off and never went back to you again.

Turbo tune - another fantasy tale?
Croyden Racing refused to run my turbo on the dyno unless I was there so again I'm calling bullshit Jamie you never touched my turbo at all, I was present for every single dyno run at Croyden racing. Jim told me you called and abused him for not sending me to you for the Motec tune. He told me about the call and I refused to take my bike to you.

I am sure you do good work Jamie but that was certainly not what I got when I trusted you with my bike.

Now lets get back to reflashing - did you not call a member here recently to ask questions about reflashing? To find out all about it?
You state above that you have charged customers for reflashing you have done - In fact you state that you sold them replacement ECU's as they were trashed (you are the only person in the f*&^ing world to have trashed an ECU by reflashing) so does that mean you charged customers to perform a service that you knew nothing about?

I bet they are as happy with your work as I was.

I'm over it why not learn new technology and use it to further your business rather than smack talking something you dont understand.
Pull your fucken head in mate. Its dick heads like you that keep people away from this forum just for having there say. All I was trying to say is that customers fit these things put pins in the wrong place and shit happens and ecu f*** up and setting are never the same.
Your nothing but a work shop s****** Bruce you go from shop to shop. You came to me because you were not happy with Cols work and I don't know why. You will never be happy with anyones work thats why you have reflashed your ecu 55times lol you cant leave things alone because there never good enough. As for dynos dick head they all read different they just make tuning easer. Sounds to me like you need a good ROOT because your so tense. As for Croydon racing I worked there for 10years and Ray gave you there number. I gave Jim that f*&^ing map thats in your old bike dick head. Simon that work on your bike is my old apprenrice.
If your so f*&^ing good open your own shop....
There is a sigh in my shop that says ...
IF YOUR HAPPY WITH OUR WORK TELL A FRIEND. IF NOT TELL US
You have my number 0412293574 bet you dont call.
Just keep away from me and my shop. f*** Me Bruce what the f*** is up with you???? Your telling me that nothing ever goes wrong?? Computers dont fuckup... Hayabusas never have anything go wrong???
Shit happens and all I did was have my say. You know what f*** you. your not worth it. Have a nice f*&^ing Day DICKHEAD till we meet again..
Just remember I dont know anything about tuning and Im still the new kid on the block. O and I'm full of shit and you still have the slow bike.

Got to go have a good root now Bruce seeya have fun with your hand again ya wanker.
**** Stop Personal Abuse Please****one more of this and I will lock the thread****

I belong to the software industry and can confirm the below.

1) I have worked with people who code ECU's for Cummins engines, the basic code is in C or C++.

2) If you are running your bike via ECU (can be stock or power commander) then depending on the ECU's strength the code can function.
its like Windows 7 is faster on some computers and a bit slower on others.

3) Yes if you plug a wrong connection or connecters you can either damage your (can be stock or power commander) or blow it up and it has to be replaced

4) Yes software code can go bad too, meaning they wont perform or hamper performance of the CPU, but this is again depending upon who is the code writer, condition or certain trigger which were not though of. a life cycle of building a CPU is almost 4 to 5 years in cummins as they need this to be used accross the engine with different stock programs

5) In today's world there are many ways of improving a CPU's performance - one is to replace it and other is to reflashing the same. in Gen2 due to the high capacity CPU reflashing has become much easier and cheaper way to get the mods as per your needs (again depending on who is reflashing and the software) simple example: when you get your office laptop they have it locked to certain imaging - and if you want to change the image you re-install (flash) the OS and you get the full control.

Now get back to constructive criticism and don't start being destructive
Bill wrote >>>
in Gen2 due to the high capacity CPU reflashing has become much easier and cheaper way to get the mods as per your needs

This is the greatest feature of "Flashing" apart from the ease and no complication or invasion to the bike and it's wiring loom is that the owner ends up with over two thousand dollars more in their pocket if using alternative means for the same mods Pi_thumbsup

Just maybe thats why some don't like it ? Coolsmiley
Sorry mate. Couldn't help it.
"Same mods":Coolsmiley
(16-04-2010, 06:48am)Bill Gaheer Wrote: **** Stop Personal Abuse Please****one more of this and I will lock the thread****

1) I have worked with people who code ECU's for Cummins engines, the basic code is in C or C++.

2) If you are running your bike via ECU (can be stock or power commander) then depending on the ECU's strength the code can function.

3) Yes if you plug a wrong connection or connecters you can either damage your (can be stock or power commander) or blow it up and it has to be replaced

4) Yes software code can go bad too, meaning they wont perform or hamper performance of the CPU, but this is again depending upon who is the code writer, condition or certain trigger which were not though of. a life cycle of building a CPU is almost 4 to 5 years in cummins as they need this to be used accross the engine with different stock programs

5) In today's world there are many ways of improving a CPU's performance - one is to replace it and other is to reflashing the same. in Gen2 due to the high capacity CPU reflashing has become much easier and cheaper way to get the mods as per your needs (again depending on who is reflashing and the software) simple example: when you get your office laptop they have it locked to certain imaging - and if you want to change the image you re-install (flash) the OS and you get the full control.

Hmmmm.
(16-04-2010, 08:25am)kawasuki Wrote:
(16-04-2010, 06:48am)Bill Gaheer Wrote: **** Stop Personal Abuse Please****one more of this and I will lock the thread****

Hmmmm.
I love the Hwy Patrol too.Lol2
Arr you can feel the Smitten

Well at least there is a lot of info on re flashing

If you anyone is stuck for a PC3USB map for a K8 K9 or K10 with 4-1s with aftermarket filter PM me it may not be perfect but it will be real close, Dyno tune is the best way to get it spot on Pi_thumbsup
Ahh, it's moments like these that make me thankful I left the trade.

Now I can enjoy working on bikes at my own pace.
(18-04-2010, 04:30pm)Camel Wrote: Ahh, it's moments like these that make me thankful I left the trade.

Now I can enjoy working on bikes at my own pace.

Hows your re-flashing going, soon as you get on top of if they bringing out new features, I'm going to start with the individual ram air gear tuning soon
Yeah mate, exciting stuff. Been doing a few buggies lately, removing the ram air compensation!

Using EE2 to get a cheap stage 2 is gnawing away at me too. Just got to buy a stage one kit first!

Been running around with the netbook on the tank, EE2 open and watching the data flow and logging it using MS video encoder. Pull up, make changes, reflash and do some more logging. Ahh, how sweet it is.

Camel
I am incredibly biased, but my bike made
194 hp all the way up to 356 hp using
ECU editor boost fuel, and I couldn't be happier,
and I have flashed my personal ECU's 100's of
times. Never heard of anyone frying an ECU,
and for sure never heard of flashing more
than once and values are different?

Greg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T7-1l5Hh3I

[Image: 08turbohp.jpg]

[Image: SatMar20194936AmericaNew_York2010.jpg]
Welcome Greg Pi_thumbsup
As they say a pictures worth a thousand words Trophy

Have also got great results in everything from stock bike tuning to NOS configuration with ECU Editor. Yes
When "flashing" can save you thousands in controllers not needed and set up time, I'm bewildered why some still persist in paying more for less doing it by other lesser means.
But with ECU flashing, how can your bike have more power? You haven't added anything to it, there's no big-name stickers. I think this computer flashing is snake oil, a bit like the emperors new clothes. I want to see something for all my hard earned money!

Besides, with my powercommander I have full control over my ECU. All I have to do is press the plus sign to get more power and the minus sign to get less. I am master of my own destiny.....

Camelsy-oh
well I did add a few TRE's, i think those are 35-40 HP each :)