Damage to the Black Busa,+ QBE
As a fair few of you would be aware I had an incident/accident with my Black '06 during the Loop Ride during the Tathra weekend. I ended up with the undertray sitting on the back wheel, wearing a hole through the hugger, through the undertray, and through my wetties that sit under the hump in case of rain.

Without visiting the event the damage ended upwith the following needing replacement: The main frame, Carbon Hugger, Undertray, the knuckle that connects the swingarm to the rear shocker to the frame and the bearings and shafts, swingarm bearings and steering head bearings (replace the frame you gotta replace these too), the Yoshi TRS can (was savaged by the right axle spike when the suspension collapsed)! Plus labour of course.

All in all a little over $11,700.

I rang QBE, went to my local Suzuki shop, they inspected and quoted, the assessor came and assessed (we had discussions about not wanting the bike written off, which he would not rule out, we also had discussions about replacing the frame not just fixing the two mounts that were smashed off - we agreed to disagree, he had his point of view and I had mine).

I rang QBE and spoke to a charming sounding young lady (Belinda) about my concerns for the safety of both my wife, who is my pillion in a milion, and my children's should the frame be repaired rather than replaced. She agreed that my concerns were noteworthy and assured me she was indeed noting them.

Two days later she rang me and told me the quote had been authorised and that work could start immediately. Less than a week from go to whoa. How good is that!

The bike is insured for $24K, with the bling all noted. They charge me $900 a year to insure her for that figure.

Many thanks Mr QBE, you not only take my premiums, you pay out my claims without a struggle.

Max - very impressed.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
ClapClapClap outstanding max glad to see your keeping your beast
Thats great new Max Pi_thumbsup
you have to be happy with that max- i had my doubts whether that bike would live to ride another day. good to see you talked them into replacing the frame- i wouldnt be real happy with repairs to areas like where yours was damaged. i have a couple of mates in the panel industry and its amazing what insurance companies want to fix nowadays. you did well
Ludicrous speed- go!
Well done Max. Thats great news.

Mark and I used Insure My Ride for both his Blackbird and Hayabusa. When he wrote the Blackbird off they didnt have a problem with doing so, even though at first they were just going to repair her. Then when the Hayabusa was involved in Marks fatality, they never hesitated in paying me the sum for the cost of fixing, and the repair mob bought the bike off me and made sure that I recouped the money that Mark had paid to buy her.

Im glad that your insurance company listened to you specially about the concerns for your wonderful wife and kids. Well Done...

Cheers

Fifi
Smitten May Marky always be with me and guide me through life Smitten
Did it come to 11,700 including labour???

An you mean the actual main frame of the bike is getting replaced???
(03-01-2010, 01:09am)NEMESIS Wrote: Did it come to 11,700 including labour???

Yes - replacement frame.
Any news Max as to when it will be ready and did u score an '07 frame?

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!

(03-01-2010, 05:26pm)motoplast Wrote: Any news Max as to when it will be ready and did u score an '07 frame?

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy

They are putting a black frame on her, and have said she will be complete mid February. Once that's done I'd like to bring her up to have you tune her bloke. Let's get her tuned properly fonce and for all! Then let's get her on your dyno and see what she's got.SmittenSmittenSmitten
(02-01-2010, 07:41am)Fifi_Sutho Wrote: Well done Max. Thats great news.

Mark and I used Insure My Ride for both his Blackbird and Hayabusa. When he wrote the Blackbird off they didnt have a problem with doing so, even though at first they were just going to repair her. Then when the Hayabusa was involved in Marks fatality, they never hesitated in paying me the sum for the cost of fixing, and the repair mob bought the bike off me and made sure that I recouped the money that Mark had paid to buy her.

Im glad that your insurance company listened to you specially about the concerns for your wonderful wife and kids. Well Done...

Cheers

Fifi

Thanks so much FiFi. I'm glad they didn't bugger you around.
(03-01-2010, 09:17am)BLACKZOOK Wrote:

Yes - replacement frame.

Interesting.
So no fairings were damaged at all?
(04-01-2010, 02:45am)NEMESIS Wrote:
(03-01-2010, 09:17am)BLACKZOOK Wrote:

Yes - replacement frame.

Interesting.
So no fairings were damaged at all?

Not a scratch happily. I'd have cried mate, I'd only put the new paintwork on a week earlier.
Max only broke it.....he didn't drop it
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
Things got even better. The shop ordered a new TRS can which came in, only to find that it was for a bolt on, not a 4 into 1. They contacted QBE and advised they would have to replace the system completely as they could not but just a can. QBE said to go ahead and get it done.
So a complete new 4 into 1 Yoshi system with TRS can.

I picked the bike up on Tuesday. Just glorious. I will have a 2nd hand 4 into 1 with a hardly used oval RS3 can for sale. I'll do that after my 4 week stay in Sydney.

QBE have been excellent the whole way through this. I got my renewal notice during the week. They were offering me $22k coverage for $963 premium. I called and spoke to Tabitha. After asking for a reduction in premium and an increase in coverage back to $24k she suggested we go through the list of inclusions, which was pretty extensive. She spoke to her supervisor and asked for guidance. She came back with "Yes we'll continue your coverage at $24k and hold the premium at $963.
I agreed and was happy to renew my premium there and then. QBE are certainly good to do business with.
The good thing Max is that QBE will insure a non-standard bike for an agreed amount.
Not too many will do that.
Most will tell you to bugger off as soon as you mention it's bigger than 750cc, let alone loaded with extras...

Well done.
(19-03-2010, 10:34am)Louwai Wrote: The good thing Max is that QBE will insure a non-standard bike for an agreed amount.
Not too many will do that.
Most will tell you to bugger off as soon as you mention it's bigger than 750cc, let alone loaded with extras...

Well done.

I sent Tabitha a couple of pictures of the bike. She said both her and her manager appreciated the work that has gone into it to get it to where she is. Gotta love bike Insurance companies that also love bikesSmitten