Adding a rear view Camera to Gen 2
Wind noise is good probably because it has a tight cloth attachment blocking air entering up through the chin guard, and there are some strange pitched wind noises at certain angles. It's not significantly better than Arai or Shoei helmets. The head and mouth vents look pretty flimsy on mine, and the head one broke easily - I'm exchanging it tomorrow. They don't seem to make much difference and are best left open or closed and never touched again, I'd say.

They're still illegal in Australia. Mine is a very distinctive matt black with big, curved REEVU lettering on both sides and a big oversized silver visor. The matt black makes it very easy to see that there is no sticker at all, much less an Australian one. I've had 2 cop cars look me over at the lights, but neither stopped me - only highway patrol give a damn.

Get a proper fit, and it actually makes biking more enjoyable.
Carpe Diem!
(10-01-2010, 08:48pm)Throwdown! Wrote: Wind noise is good probably because it has a tight cloth attachment blocking air entering up through the chin guard, and there are some strange pitched wind noises at certain angles. It's not significantly better than Arai or Shoei helmets. The head and mouth vents look pretty flimsy on mine, and the head one broke easily - I'm exchanging it tomorrow. They don't seem to make much difference and are best left open or closed and never touched again, I'd say.

They're still illegal in Australia. Mine is a very distinctive matt black with big, curved REEVU lettering on both sides and a big oversized silver visor. The matt black makes it very easy to see that there is no sticker at all, much less an Australian one. I've had 2 cop cars look me over at the lights, but neither stopped me - only highway patrol give a damn.

Get a proper fit, and it actually makes biking more enjoyable.

Hey Throwdown, as King said, can you now legally use in Aus, where did you get it, & if it's not asking too much, what did it cost,I Want one too .Sorry Throwdown, I went back & re read, their not legal yet (here ),but wouldn't mind knowing what they cost.Thanks.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Camera went in on a trial basis, all wiring complete, tried is for a short spin - no vibraition etc - but my screen is a rear view screen so I may have to change to normal screen.
Will try it some time in this week in the real world test and update.
(10-01-2010, 09:59pm)Bill Gaheer Wrote: Camera went in on a trial basis, all wiring complete, tried is for a short spin - no vibraition etc - but my screen is a rear view screen so I may have to change to normal screen.
Will try it some time in this week in the real world test and update.

Sorry Bill, not trying to hijack your thread ,just after info. I hope you get the camera sorted & good luck with it.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
My apologies as well Bill.

Greeny: Do a google search for 'wraptor reevu' and they will come up. They are a couple of bike fans who liked the helmet and offered to be a distributor for Reevu. They've received no support from Reevu and spent their own money trying to get the helmet legal - it's a joke that it isn't.

They may be leaving the game unless Reevu chip in, and in the meantime are clearing their old stock - their website shows the clearing price down from $720 to $300 which is the price I paid. These are the MS1 model. Reevu has just brought out the MSX1 with user feedback improvements. There are 2 improvements, both of which I think are a step backwards, so $300 is a risk worth taking (adjustable mirror is unnecessary and a flimsier moving part waiting to go wrong, while 'D' link strap fastener has apparently been replaced with click buckle type).

I get stopped a lot in NSW, and no Police officer has ever batted an eyelid at my helmet, (not counting Highway, as they might), and this one is screaming "look at me". The only people I know who have been done on the sticker thing, gave the cop a hard time prior to that being thrown on top of anythng else they got.
Carpe Diem!