Burnt Valve?
VERY Light hone, to remove glaze, built up shit...
whenever i hone a bore or anything like that i use tranmission fluid and rag to pull out deep embeded dirt etc
'then wash with really hot sapy water and rinse with scalding hot water (then it dries via evaporation)
Ok, taking onto consideration the advice given here, I left the stock piston rings in place. Finished putting the engine back together last week and rode it to work a couple of times, but I have noticed it doesn't want to idle below 1500rpm :(

Any ideas? I've gone over the vacuum lines a dozen times now and can't see anything wrong. I should mention that in the process of replacing the valves I removed the pair valve system completely and welded up some plates to block off the holes above exhaust ports. I have capped the the line that goes to the throttle bodies and blocked the large line on airbox.

Thinking maybe I should sync the throttle bodies again, and will need to get it tuned to suit my muzzy 4-1.
check your plumbing on the iap sensor on the back of the airbox, is it connected to the 4 throttlebodies and no open lines anywhere ? and make sure you have not connected vac to the the atmospheric pressure sensor on the left inner frame
IAP on airbox is connected to the throttle bodies and can't find any open lines.
Getting sick of pulling out my airbox so many times :S No vac line connected to the AP sensor on frame. Have spent a couple of hours searching the net and going over tech manual with no success. Apart from this problem the bike runs great.