Clutch questions
Hey guys posting this up for a mate of mine. he is currently in the process of building a turbo motor to mate up to the RCC street/strip kit which i think is a big bastard of a kit. he is wondering what clutch setup he should run. he said bike will be an allrounder with some drag strip work, some cruising through town and then some interesting adventures out on the open roads. any suggestions would be great. thanks.
oh and its a hayabusa by the way
Regards

Dan
Stock with some heavier springs would work fine.

Pm Bruce, if he wants something more .......

Leonard.
Thanks leonard ill pass it on. does he need any of the billet internals that people sell or will the stock setup work fine with heavier springs. im guessing it could be around the 350-400hp region at a guess i dont know. if he goes with the stock setup does he need a welded or solid hub or leave it properly stock with just hd springs?

Thanks again
Regards

Dan
Dan stock clutch with heavier springs is all he needs mate. Billet stuff looks nice where you can see it but is not needed in the clutch.

Leave the BTL stock for turbo's.
6 hd turbo springs can be very heavy around town if your not used to it, even 3 spaced every second can work good , if seeing signs of slip then fit the others,
thanks alot guys ill pass it on. looks like he just saved a stack of money!! thanks again!!

(01-02-2010, 07:38pm)Maj Wrote: 6 hd turbo springs can be very heavy around town if your not used to it, even 3 spaced every second can work good , if seeing signs of slip then fit the others,

ill pass that on maj thanks but this guy is a big boy! he will probably laugh at me if i tell him that it will be stiff.
Regards

Dan
See if he is still laughing after the first run through peak hour ;)
hahaha will do.
Regards

Dan
Also don't forgott, the other side off the clutch.
http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/catalo...id=5147726

Sux6 from The Netherlands
Hayabusa is Fun,Fun is Dragrace
Speed on a Busa is also a Drug
Mine has heavy duty springs in it and a billet cover but was wondering if i should put a slave support like this on it too ???
billet cover is fine ,
Thanx
ape has some good hd springs out and so does mc exp.
keep the ramped clutch inner hub as it multiplies force underload